UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Thief And Three Spears.

Darkarna

Sorceror

I am not entirely sure where these short stories should go, so I believe this area would be the most relevant, this is a story with roleplay in mind. I might even start adding pictures in the future, adds to the flavor.

A reduced item count for my backpack was essential when running around the village of Delucia, who knows when that magical liberation of a marks pride and joy would be possible, especially with the all-seeing-eye of the guards constantly looking for trouble makers, reassuring the population that any foul play would be dealt with swiftly and efficiently. This was just one of those things which all cloak and dagger like individuals would have to get used too. Enough of the prologue, lets get down to the juicy bits.

Delucia, we all know this place for its fanatical wars, most of us go there to experience its adventure with a little more incentive than to watch a group of murderous thugs attempt complete domination of the village's protectors, its own blue army. It is also a place of many opportunities, especially for those who deem themselves the followers of the shadow. That day was one of those days which had been especially fruitful, the taste of fresh fruit brings joy and satisfaction to a supposed soulless individual, the thief.

The backpack was set, a small pouch containing just enough regents for any escape attempts sat proudly among the many runebooks, each holding a different purpose and perhaps a different surprise for those who like surprises. So it began, a calculated run around the perimeters of Delucia, would there be someone holding that worthy trinket of value, worthy enough to grace the very backpack which I call my own? *Has had a inflated Ego of late. **Sigh***. Nothing appeared of any value at the beginning but this is a common thing anyway, you just have to continue pressing on until something does appear.

Sometime went by, a sensation of boredom decided to take root and the questions of location appeared once more. A sigh of frustration escaped the usually silver tongued mouth, where is all the action today?. As if by magic, the action burst through the very foundations of the deep set boredom, a group of murderous villains decided to make themselves known by running through the main street past the bank, a pause transcended itself, murderers are not the type of folk I openly steal from, something to do with little consequence from stealing from a thug but in times of emptiness everyone has to be fair game, sorry. A quick scan of the murderers and one such name appeared to stand out among the rest, he was the only one who had something that I really needed, not for myself of course but my vendor, who put an order down for an agapite spear, why would I turn him down? It was set, I followed out of town with dreams of grandeur, a spear of this magnitude would keep the bailiffs at bay for a few weeks but I needed to liberate it first.

River Phoneix, a known spear-chucker was the mark of choice, his shiny runic agapite spear glinting in the midday sun, urging the most opportunist of thieves to shadow his every move. Luckily I was the only one there at the time, well a thief anyway, so I concocted a plan that I believed was destined to fail, I hid just outside of the Delucia's own very trammel, the pond, the time to strike had to be near. I noticed River, he would dart in and out of group, looking for the opportunity to murder one of the blue army that had congregated near the guardline at delucia. One by one, many a savior of Delucia fell, the corpses littering the ground, loot to the extreme, but not the loot that was desired, the agapite spear was becoming more of a reality than a dream by the second. I watched carefully, River decided to run straight up to me and realized there was something poking out of the dirt, bloody fishing hat, I was noticed and River Phoneix cast his reveal spell. Again, Christmas came early, this was the opportunity I had been waiting for, the patience had paid off and River Phoneix was soon to be relieved of his burdens, the weight of that spear must have been draining his confidence, this was soon to be realized as my nimble fingers grasped the object from his pack.

*Success*, the spear lay proudly in my backpack, it was smooth and hummed with a deep inner power, it was time to go and I needed to be gone, fast. The journey was fraught with obstacles, even though it was only one screen away to safety there was still a wall of murderers hell bent on making me sniff the blood soaked dirt that was everywhere at that time. Breakthrough, I spotted a gap just wide enough for me to fit through, the end was in sight, but wait one second *You are unable to move* the nightmare many a thief experience was very apparent, one of the thugs decided to use his fist and hit me squarely on a very sensitive pressure point, I was paralyzed. My mood began to sink, the work, the time, the planning had been for nothing as an explosive .. explosion engulfed me which singed my eyebrows once more. But what was this? I felt a soothing yet cool feeling engulf me, I felt better and I could move again! Some kind savior of the blue army regenerated my mood and my health, I was free like a bird and like a bird I was spirited enough to get myself to the bank and unload my precious gift from River Phoneix. Success, my vendor would be very happy about this, like myself he had bills to pay. A quick clean down of the sweat that had began dripping from my forehead and some breathing exercises to lower my blood pressure, the time was ready to go back out into the fray.

*To be continued*