UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Question For You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax

Lord
Re: A Question For You

Pepsi_Rox;1507356 said:
Question, if you were invisilbe, picked up money and put it in your pocket, would the money show in your pocket, or would it only show during the motion of picking it up?

lol who cares man, how the hell would they catch you

Cebrious Arcane

Forum Murderer

simplyshane said:
I withdraw my flying ability, and choose shape shift. Why is your list only two powers anyway? Why can't WE the consumer have variety?
Haha, cuz that's the game. Well, it's been 8 pages, so I suppose the truth can come out. Actually, this is a question from psychology and gives profound insight into the nature of the person responding. Psychologists would use your response to make judgements about your personality and behaviors in non-super-powers-having reality.

The choice is between invisibility and flight because they both offer something we as humans can never have. Total exclusion or total exposure. Total secrecy or total freedom. The results can then be applied to other observations to help the patient reach his or her truth.

Overmann said:
The flight people are not thinking far enough ahead. Even if one could fly thousands of miles per hour, the Earth has a circumference of about 25,000 miles at its widest point, the equator. How many times can one fly around the world in a half-hour before that would become boring? I know that if I had the ability to only fly within a breathable atmosphere, I'd quickly become aware of that limitation and not be content with flying over Earth all the time. Rather than put myself into a position, I'd go for invisibility.
How do you get 25,000 miles at 1,000 miles an hour = circling the Earth in half an hour?

Overmann said:
EDIT: One more point. Everyone can fly (get from point A to point B via planes), no one can turn invisible.
If you're going to use examples like that, hiding in a box would be invisible. Being able to fly at will is very different from being able to use something that flies. Just like being able to turn invisible is very different from being able to hide from view.

Overmann

Sorceror

Cebrious Arcane;1509177 said:
How do you get 25,000 miles at 1,000 miles an hour = circling the Earth in half an hour?

If you're going to use examples like that, hiding in a box would be invisible. Being able to fly at will is very different from being able to use something that flies. Just like being able to turn invisible is very different from being able to hide from view.

You're entirely right about my miscalculation, I was hardly thinking.

Turning invisible allows someone to hide in plain sight. Seeing how most people do not have the proper technology or wits to detect someone they know not to look for, being invisible is more unique than flying. Any idea how many people all over the world fly everyday? I wouldn't consider flight a 'special ability' when millions of people achieve just as much.

At some point we'll be able to turn invisible. People are working on it. And I can already hide in plain sight. My real life sneaking skills are unbelievable.

YouTube - x-ray 4 At the moment it only works in front of certain types of glass. But it's an improvement.

Overmann

Sorceror

simplyshane;1509184 said:
At some point we'll be able to turn invisible.

"At some point"? What a cop-out argument. That's assuming there will come a time when such technology becomes affordable, let alone attainable by the general public. I seriously doubt any such technology would be commercially sold.

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

Can you move while invisible?

I'd go with power over time.

Stop time, and you've got infinite time to figure out new superpowers. I win.

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

Overmann;1509219 said:
I seriously doubt any such technology would be commercially sold.

Of course it would. It would be profitable. Even if it was developed by the military, for the military, somebody would steal it and sell it. Hell, look up night vision on ebay!

I said at some point because the thread says powers we could never obtain. :[
robbing a house wouldn't work well because of the whole finger prints and dna left behind. But random muggings/pick pockets would work.

Overmann

Sorceror

LKP;1509226 said:
Of course it would. It would be profitable. Even if it was developed by the military, for the military, somebody would steal it and sell it. Hell, look up night vision on ebay!

Stealing something and selling it is not the equivalent to selling goods commercially. You're describing the black market, which I agree is entirely plausible. But the only way invisibility technology would be allowed to be sold commercially (on the scale that plane tickets are now) and complicit with trade regulations is to have a very effective counterpart or security device that is equally affordable, by which time, of course, invisibility would be rendered useless.

Lynyrd

Knight

simplyshane;1509184 said:
At some point we'll be able to turn invisible. People are working on it. And I can already hide in plain sight. My real life sneaking skills are unbelievable.

YouTube - x-ray 4 At the moment it only works in front of certain types of glass. But it's an improvement.

as if the same cannot be said about personal flying devices?

As long as it's not a clunky flying device.And it would have to allow me to move a thousand miles an hour without killing me.

GradGT

Sorceror

its not impossible, just imagine whatever force allows you to fly that fast also has the power to protect you from the friction or whatever, that frictions a bitch

honestly if i was world dictator, i would have everyone that said invisibility executed. i think the point ceb was trying to make was don't trust anyone who said invisibility with your house keys cause they're all a bunch of sneaky ass thiefy wieners

Cebrious Arcane

Forum Murderer

Grad said:
i think the point ceb was trying to make was don't trust anyone who said invisibility with your house keys cause they're all a bunch of sneaky ass thiefy wieners
Hahaha. Nah, it just serves to illustrate what people value most.

Some people value privacy. Others value freedom.

fonis

Knight

I think Invisibility is a good indicator of those that value the ability to intrude on others' privacy, not those that value their own privacy.

Cebrious Arcane

Forum Murderer

fonis said:
I think Invisibility is a good indicator of those that value the ability to intrude on others' privacy, not those that value their own privacy.
Well, anyone can invade another person's privacy. It takes invisibility to do it without getting caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.