UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A new program

A

ASayre

A new program

There are few times there wre thigns that'd differ from OSI, but this will be one of them.

Some time in the next few days, a few notable members of the community will be getting a special talisman on their paperdoll.

This talisman will do NOTHING other than as a form of recognition, a badge of honor soto speak. These items will not be tradable, droppable, etc. But they can always take it off if they so incline.

Now, what are these badges of honor for? They're recognition for helping out, being a notable member of the community. They won't be given out willy-nilly, but they won't be a super-rare either.

These people can be trusted to be well-spoken people, ie, not "omgz irl 1337 h4x0rz". These people would also be people who assist the demise community in some way or another alot. Even if an admin has had a quarrel with 'em, there'd be no deniability they haven't tried to help Demise. It could even be a former staff member that left in good standing if they want the recognition.

When they come out, Any administrator will be able to grant one of these to a player at any time.

The first batch of these will be coming in a few days, but here are a small listing of some of those people

ViiriGuy -> Komodo Tavern, helping with the RP scene.
Siobhan -> SosariaLive.Com person, no qualms about mentioning demise as shoutouts :)
LoD (extra |'s removed) -> OSI Item donations (I still need to code these ;-)) And generally helping out in IRC chat
Amnesia & LordDark/Daire -> For their service to Demise as staff members
Elf -> OSI data, that was a Heckofalot of data to collect :)
FrayedString -> Did what NOONE wanted to do. Not a dev, not a person helping the devs, not staff, ie, colected and put into an XML file about a billion entries

For the rest of you, Doesn't mean I don't <3 yas, just mean I either forgot or oyu haven't been as much of an influmential member in this community ;)

You know you guys can count on me whenever you need me... nutty days and pseudo stalker days. I cannot stress how much I have enjoyed working here and the professionalism from the staff.

Thanks for the recognition. It actually made my day.

Glasgowx

Wanderer
Great work I'm glad to see such fine folks getting some recognition for all there hard work. Once again this adds another reason to why Demise is the best shard ever.

Wow!!!

I mean, WOW!!! Thanks :D
I only want to help out my 2nd home... First one being with the misses :D

Thank you Asayre, this is really really cool!!!!

*bows*

Well I think this is a great idea, well done to the staff who thought it up, it will encourage people to help and make the shard better still !

Well done!

Elf

Sorceror
Yeah, absolutely. Great job guys. My hat's off to all the people who work their butts off for free, and for no other reason than to make the shard better!

zardd

Sorceror
This has to be a first for me!
A server where the administrator actually commend people that contribute to the community.

This server honestly keeps getting better and better from my point of view.
You all do a great job running this server and the way you do it is very professional compared to other places i have been.

To be honest if i could set times where i was going to play and if the komodo tavern was in my time region i would push to contribute to that as much as possible but being in aussie land + having a 11mth daughter, full time work and an unset play time schedule i dont ever seem to catch anyone but that bot at CiV / komodo tavern :(

I have seen a few player towns on servers and i love the idea but the admins never really supported them..
Or if they did they charged INSANE amounts of gold for them to be decorated.. :rolleyes:

Anyways.
Its great to see a popular shard runned by decent staff that know that if they reward people that contribute to the community it will make a better place for all who play here.

Great work to all demise staff! :D

zardd

Sorceror
I dont think its that.
It based i think on contribution.
Staff get them if / when they leave on good terms..

Players can gain one by being a contributor to the community i'd say..
(And these are guess's and are not in anyway an official guide)

Helping new player out alot / Being kind and respectful to all players.

Helping the community by organising things like the events that go on in komodo tavern and so on.

And generally being a trust worthy, kind, respectful, polite person that is willing to give up time to help maintain/grow a community to make Demise a more enjoyable place to play....

Thats what i'm thinking.....
But as mentioned i could be wrong :)
Sleeping with an admin only gets you gold and "leet" items :p :D *joke
This is a communal recognition award...

A

ASayre

zord said:
I dont think its that.
It based i think on contribution.
Staff get them if / when they leave on good terms..

Players can gain one by being a contributor to the community i'd say..
(And these are guess's and are not in anyway an official guide)

Helping new player out alot / Being kind and respectful to all players.

Helping the community by organising things like the events that go on in komodo tavern and so on.

And generally being a trust worthy, kind, respectful, polite person that is willing to give up time to help maintain/grow a community to make Demise a more enjoyable place to play....

Thats what i'm thinking.....
But as mentioned i could be wrong :)
Sleeping with an admin only gets you gold and "leet" items :p :D *joke
This is a communal recognition award...

Something along those lines :)