UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A few questions from a new player.

Tyrith

Wanderer
A few questions from a new player.

Hello,

These may (or may not) have been asked before, and although one of them is slightly covered in the FAQ, searching brings up a LOT of messages, 90% of which are completely non-related. That being said, I'm going to try and put all of them into one message. I just started on here and am looking to take advantage of all the PvP complaints and participate.

1) Red players. Is there statloss? If so, I'm assuming it works 100% like pre-16 OSI shards, is this correct?

2) Gating to stuck locations (ie, grief annoying ghosts who follow you after killing them). Allowed? Frowned upon? Need to clearly state "Hey ghost, DO NOT GO IN THIS GATE" for it to be legal?

3) Skill gains, I was absolutely astounded when I shot my musicianship (ya ya, I'm trying to make some money, I'm not a fruity bard :p) from 30->70 in less than 10 minutes. Is magery/magic resist like this as well? If so, anyone want to give me a ballpark on how much money it would cost to go from 50-GM Magery / Resist?

4) Housing. Is the housing market considered full, or are there still larger-than-small spots left?

5) Macroing. Although I am seeing that this isn't entirely necessary due to the fact I went from 30-70 in a period of 10 minutes, is it allowed? I'm assuming attended IS, but unattended I'm not sure of.

That pretty much covers it. Appreciate any responses greatly, as they will save me a lot of time. I apologize for not digging through the hundreds of junky threads.

-Note, I dug through the hundreds of junky threads since nobody wanted to reply within ~8hours or so, and found the answers to 1 & 4. Anyone want to clarify 1, 3 & 5 for me?

Tyrith said:
1) Red players. Is there statloss? If so, I'm assuming it works 100% like pre-16 OSI shards, is this correct?
There is no statloss for murderers.

Tyrith said:
2) Gating to stuck locations (ie, grief annoying ghosts who follow you after killing them). Allowed? Frowned upon? Need to clearly state "Hey ghost, DO NOT GO IN THIS GATE" for it to be legal?
I think it's frowned upon, like all intentional griefing, but not illegal. Not sure though. I do know that they took steps to prevent "Gate Fishing" by having all gates cast from inside a house be non-enterable on the other end.

Tyrith said:
3) Skill gains, I was absolutely astounded when I shot my musicianship (ya ya, I'm trying to make some money, I'm not a fruity bard :p) from 30->70 in less than 10 minutes. Is magery/magic resist like this as well? If so, anyone want to give me a ballpark on how much money it would cost to go from 50-GM Magery / Resist?
Skill gain is phenomenally fast, and you'll be pleased with how quickly you gain in every skill. Magery is still relatively quick, but the price to GM would depend on where you buy your regs. Resist was made significantly harder to raise, but you should still be able to GM rather quickly.

Tyrith said:
4) Housing. Is the housing market considered full, or are there still larger-than-small spots left?
You'd be lucky to find a large spot now-a-days, if you do it's most likely because a large decayed and no one was around to loot it and place. There are, however, a plethora of small spots, you just gotta look. People also sell houses in the Trading Forum daily.

Tyrith said:
5) Macroing. Although I am seeing that this isn't entirely necessary due to the fact I went from 30-70 in a period of 10 minutes, is it allowed? I'm assuming attended IS, but unattended I'm not sure of.
If you are macroing skills to gain them, then yes, unattended macroing is perfectly legal. However, if you set up a program to get ingots, logs, etc. for you while you're at work, no, that's illegal. Attended macroing is always legal, just make sure you respond if a GM comes to test if you're there or not.

Tyrith said:
-Note, I dug through the hundreds of junky threads since nobody wanted to reply within ~8hours or so, and found the answers to 1 & 4. Anyone want to clarify 1, 3 & 5 for me?

Didn't read that until I got to the end. Hopefully my answers still helped, and I got the 3 you didn't have, heheh.

Tyrith

Wanderer
Much appreciated on the reply, thanks. I junked my Bard to see how far I could get onto Magery, and from the 5k I had, I'm well into the 90's and should be GMing shortly. Resist isn't too far behind either. Definately appealing. I'm interested to see how Taming will be. I had a tamer on Siege and the thing took me 2 months to get to dragon taming level. After doing 0-90 magery in a little over 2 hours, I'd be a little dismayed if taming was the same way since it's cheater for money. We shall see -- Thanks for the information.

Lieing about your gate destination is illegal. It says so in the official faq.

Is sending someone through a gate under false pretenses bannable?
This depends on the method used by the gaters. If they lie about their moongate's destination, and are deliberately killing other players, a 24 hour ban may be issued. Repeated usage of this tactic can and will result in more serious retribution

Tyrith

Wanderer
Nothing said anything about lying. I don't want people following my gates, but that's just because of my siege perilous mindset. I forgot you don't even gate much on here :p

If someone wants to follow my gate when I say nothing, it would appear that that's their problem.

false pretenses=lieing.

You say. Gate to moonglow. And it goes to some aggresive animal. Thats illegal.

Someone asks for a gate to glow, you cast one and say here you go. Thats illegal if it is to kill them.

Tyrith

Wanderer
The original question was on if it is illegal to gate a ghost following you trying to find your way home to a stuck location.

I'm not sure where anyone mentioned saying "Hi, follow me to this fun location" *gate stuck location*.

HeHe

Wanderer
I have a question too..

IF you're inactive for a month or 2, will your account be deleted? how long be4 they start deleting inactive accounts?

drobloc

Wanderer
illegal gates...

I would definitely have to say that gating to stuck locations would be frowned upon.

My brother is new to UO. He never played on the osi shards. I think this server in some ways can be rough for a pure newbie starting out.

So.. here comes the story.
I was playing on my XBOX yesterday and my brother was playing UO. I asked him to watch out for people selling dragons, because I wanted one. My brother has 6 days experience in UO. He followed a guy named yitan through a gate. yitan said he was selling a dragon, opened a gate, and said follow me. My brother suddenly said crap, this is weird. He said he went through a gate to someone's house that was selling a dragon. I jumped up fast thinking the worst. Just as I got to the computer, yitan blocked my brother on his house steps and started to nuke. My brother died and was cadged in on the front steps of yitan's house. yitan banned my brother’s ghost and then opened another gate. I thought well at least he has a shred of honor and is gating my brother back. My brother went through the gate, which was immediately dispelled, and then yitan recalled out. I took over and eventually found Trinsic. (I first thought we were on an island).

Today my brother saw yitan in town. A female character was selling several pets. yitan said he would buy a dragon. He opened a gate and my brother tried to tell the other person not to go through, but she did. She has not been seen in town yet.

yitan seems to hang in Delucia.

I want his head.