UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A few questions about taming

Teaboar

Wanderer
A few questions about taming

Hi everyone. I started playing on demise a few days ago after a long break from uo, and decided to make a tamer as my first char. My first question is regarding my template:

1) What's the best taming template for a newbie? I browsed through some earlier posts, and was quite interested in the bard, the paladin and the warrior templates. Which one would you suggest? I've heard great thing about peacemaking (Maybe dropping it for discord later on), so I figured it could be great for a newbie like myself. Then again, I also like the idea of being able to heal my pets like crazy or alternatively, dps'ing like crazy without the need for a lot of spells. I'd also be interested to know how i should allocate my stat and skill points. (It'd be great if someone could give me an example of how to allocate the skills without any power scrolls, and also what build to aim for once I can afford them).

2) I've currently got ~86 taming, and was wondering what's the best way for me to raise it? I bought a +6 taming ring and +7 bracelet, so I tamed some dragons while I still had my young status, but seeing as the only skills I've currently got are 100 animal lore, ~86 taming, 50 vet and ~33 chiv (which I trained before I relized I might want to be a bard after all :(), and I've lost my young status, taming dragons really isn't an option anymore. I'd like to know what I'm best off taming now? I've been taming ki-rin, but the problem is that I know of so few spawns that I end up running out of tameable creature too quickly (I succeed a bit too well seeing as my ring and bracelet raises my taming to 98,9). Also, I only gain like 0-0,3 skil per ki-rin, and since I've only managed to find around 5-6 ki-rin so far, I'm kind of stuck with my taming. Do I have any better alternatives for me? I'd really like to raise my taming as quickly as possible to atleast 95,1 so that I can bond my current pets.

3) My last question is regarding pets. What pets should I try to get? I'd really like to get a WW at some point, but I've figured that I wont be getting one anytime soon. I noticed that WW's have very low fire res though, and much lower stats than dragons, and seeing afaik they lack a breath weapon aswell, are they still better pets overall than dragons? How about Nightmare vs Ki-rin? Apparently this is a similar situation like ww vs dragons regarding stats and skills. Which one is better, or does it completely depend on the situation? What resistances are the most important to have high, and should I wait until I find a pet with high overall stats/resistances before I start training it? The pets I've currently got: A dragon with average stats, 3x ki-rin (I figured I'll just hunt with two of these without bonding with them, seeing as it's quite easy to tame a new one).

I've got a feeling I forgout to ask something, but this is everything I can think of right now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

StegcO

Sorceror
Re: A few questions about taming

1) Mage - Bard - Tamer

i don't know the version of update here.. some time ago you can peace a monster and stay peace.. next a patch when you peace AND ATTACK the mob stop staing peaced

here?

2) reading a list on forum no? :)

3)

on demise: Night+WW or Hyriu for lesser spawn

when come out Cu-Shide.. Cu-Shide :D

and next to next the Greater Dragon (now spawn on osi)

reptalon isn't good