UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Few Minor Tweaks

M

Mark

A Few Minor Tweaks

The formula for Magic Reflection circles has been changed to 1+ ( ( ( MagerySkill + InscriptionSkill ) * 7 ) / 100 )

Also, the Mind Blast spell has been made slightly more useful.

These changes will be effective after server wars tonight.

Shenanigan said:
i know this might be a new question
but when and where are server wars

There is a Server Wide Message something like:

The server has saved for the last time and Server Wars have begun.

Or something like that in red. It happens approximately at 0300 EST and lasts until about 0330 EST.

By the way, MB is the shit! I'm glad it's gonna be more useful.

Reprisal

Wanderer
This then is now officially the dawning of the nox exp mb age. Let there be doom upon anyone other than 75/75/75!

Reprisal said:
This then is now officially the dawning of the nox exp mb age. Let there be doom upon anyone other than 75/75/75!
Hm. He said slightly, not that it's been beefed up to the point of rendering all else useless.

sunfiregt

Wanderer
Chino said:
explain the new reflect?
Okay the forumula is your magery plus inscribe times seven. Add one and devide final by 100.
EX: GM Mage/Scribe will have 15 points fo reflect. Instead of, what, 10? Im not too sure on number. But instead of number of spells, reflect is based on spell "points." Its strange and weird.

elohdee

Knight
sunfiregt said:
Okay the forumula is your magery plus inscribe times seven. Add one and devide final by 100.
EX: GM Mage/Scribe will have 15 points fo reflect. Instead of, what, 10? Im not too sure on number. But instead of number of spells, reflect is based on spell "points." Its strange and weird.

reflect has always been based on number of circles it reflects, as on this shard, gm inscribe would always reflect 15 circles back, in which case could be 2 explos and one pois ;]

the old formula was just , 0 inscribe and up get 8 circles..... gm got 15, now u can have 60 inscribe and get 12 circles.... and so on

Kethinov

Sorceror
OK just for clarification... this means people with unbalanced stats DO get raped by MB now? And these fixes IMPROVE scribe as a pvp mage skill?

bavsin

Wanderer
SLIGHTLY???/ good LORD

I can kill someone in TWO MB's!!!!!!!!

I mean I love MB, but damn the dmg seems so high.

Edit: thats only with a clmusy too

Kethinov

Sorceror
Thats cause people on this shard have wildly unbalanced stats ;)

I don't understand the inscription changes though. Does this make rflect more or less powerful for gm scribes?

with 100 100 25 and a buff in your lowest stat, mindblast isnt bad. this will mean there will be alot more carrying of dex pots again :D

mb = love

My one dexxer has 11 int, 95 str, and a shitload of dex, whatever the last number calculates out to.

Earlier I was hit with clumsy, and then mind blast. I did not notice a grave difference.

Edit: I just got a buddy of mine to help me test it out.

My stats are the following on this particular dexxer. 12 int, 118 dex, and 95 str. Being hit without clumsy brought me to 63 hp. I healed, he hit me with clumsy and casted MB again. 64 hp this time. I said hit me again, brought me to 45.

This really brings back the not so fond memories of OSI. Chances are I'll just rebalance my stats and bring back the life of my tank, but regardless, this was a mistake. Nice work. :(

Vinyard

Wanderer
orange thing said:
this was a mistake. Nice work. :(

Aye I just tested it out and mb is a 2 hit kill spell, wonderful i like that its stat based but i think the spell should work like this:
Currently I believe the spell bases its damage off of the differance between the highest and lowest stats of the reciever, i think it should be based on the differance of int between the two involved with the spell making it a real mind blast insead of a stat blast...

as it is now i give it a day before all the lesser pvpers are bitching about the spell

Juvenile

Wanderer
Richard Pryor said:
oh man i love it

finaly mind blast isnt nerferd.

i cant wait to hear people start bitching lol :D

You fool! Mindblast isent nerfed, it's now powerful as hell. If you have low dex, and someone clumsy's, and cunning's you it's all over. Mindblast does easily 40-50 dmg to people with low dex, and high int. I suggest you all start adjusting your stats. Explosion Mindblast = the damage of Explosion Flamestrike. >: