UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

8/11/2004 - Hybrid Patch Notes

R

Ryan

8/11/2004 - Hybrid Patch Notes

Tonight we are putting a patch in place that will only allow one way house gating. This means if you are in a house and gate to a location it will only show the actual gate on your side, not the other side. You cannot pop a gate from inside a house to the bank and wait for guys to come through and have it dispelled any more.

This patchnote is a work in progress, and will be updated as changes are introduced.

Ryan

R

Ryan

Downing Atlanta said:
I thought this was a "fuck Trammies" shard? what's with no gate fishing...?
I have outlawed gate fishing since day 1. It's lame and I dont like it.

That's awsome.. very annoying when you cast a gate to somewhere and random people walk through (not gate fishing or whatnot)..

Could also be neat for faction raids or whatnot.. the opposing faction wouldn't see the gate then people would just randomly start showing up.. hehehe

Mr.Mischief

Sorceror
Whelp, looks like quick trips to the bank will be made outside my house.

Hopefully not while I'm being attacked or anyhting.

M

Mark

I don't think its the killing in particular that is lame, its the lame baiting and trapping that helps get the kill.

"I thought this was a "fuck Trammies" shard? what's with no gate fishing...?"
If someone needs to gatebait to kill, they have no right to call ANYONE a Trammy.

Also from what Ryan said it, this will only take place if your in a house.

I could be wrong of course, doesn't sound like it would make sense. There are uses for gates for your friends and stuff like that.

Rob A*G

Wanderer
I dunno i personally think its part of the game if your going to randomly take open gates your taking a risk to where it leads.. this is just trammy to me.

P

Phooey-hybrid

Patches like this make me happy that I can bank from within my house. :D

strtrk

Wanderer
I dunno, I think it would be better to have some kind of gump ok box pop up and say this is to someones house and may/or maynot be a trap.

Cuz I very often gate friends or alternate characters to my house. No big deal that I have to leave my house everytime I gate now, I just think an ok box would be less inconvenient for me.

Its a lot of inconveince for people who use the gate from house other to fish, especially when it is the persons own faults for walking into a gate that they dont know where its going. My house is constantly under attack and not being able to gate people into my house is going to make things very difficult. This is just my personal view on the situation.

FrEeQ-hybrid

Sorceror
This is a stupid resolution to a minor problem.

I don't think I ever see people bitching about fishing mainly probally because it's pretty humiliating to gate hop and then die due to your foolishness.

I think that they should make the gates how they were before because this is a trammy thing and it's also so lame that I can't gate in friends to help turn the tides of a siege or gate people in using a locked down rune book. This is so inconvenient.