UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

50-GM Taming/Lore in one day.

Mr.Mischief

Sorceror
50-GM Taming/Lore in one day.

So, I started a tamer as my first character on the shard, and noticed that there were a lot of different paths to take to GM. I tried to take as simple a route as possible while still being quick, here's my results.

50-75 was done on Ice Isle, taming everything in sight, with exception of Snow Leopards. For some reason, they just weren't reliable gains at all, I could spent 15m on a single one and get nothing. This process took roughly five (5) hours.

75.0-75.2 was done taming random mobs on the way off of Ice Isle.

75.2 to 86.0 was done in Homare-Jima on Gaman, Bake Kitsune, and Great Harts. I spent a moderate amount of time purely taming Bake Kitsune, which probably slowed me down a bit, but I needed the money in hopes to afford taming jewelry before my [young] status wore off, so that I could get a few easy Nightmares. Ironically, right after I spent 8k in jewelry, my young status wore off not two seconds after I stepped throught the Humilty Moongate in Ilshenar.

1:55pm (start) - 75.2
2:05 - 75.9 (+0.7)
2:15 - 76.8 (+0.9)
2:25 - 78.5 (+1.7)
2:35 - 79.1 (+0.6)
2:45 - 79.9 (+0.8)
2:55 - 81.2 (+1.3)
3:05 - 82.1 (+0.9)
3:15 - 82.7 (+0.6)
3:25 - 83.6 (+0.9)
3:50 - 84.6 (+1.0)
4:00 - 85.1 (+0.5)
4:10 - 86.0 (+0.9)

At this point, I went around and did a small bit of exploring, taming what I saw. Most of my gains from 86.0 to 90 were done on Gaman and Great Harts.

After hitting 90.0, I decided to use the faction trick, since I couldn't rely on my complete lack of offensive abilities to keep me alive through dungeons. It also didn't help that a Para Acid Ele was sitting at the Humility Gate. After joining CoM (closest HQ to a moongate, as well as the the new completely flat styling of Mag made this a very quick trip), I went straight back to Ice Island and started immediate back on Polar Bears and Walrus'. I should note, walrus were easily my most reliable gain throughout the entire 50-GM process. If I was in a gain rut, as soon as I hit a fresh walrus, I'd get .2 or more from it. Also, 90-GM would've been much quicker, but half the monsters on the island I had already previously tamed. I suggest doing this in seperate days to allow the spawn to recycle itself and give you a much easier time finding targets.

6:30 (start)- 90.1
6:40 - 90.7 (+0.6)
6:50 - 92.0 (+1.3)
7:00 - 92.3 (+0.3)
7:10 - 93.3 (+1.0)
7:20 - 93.7 (+0.4)
7:30 - 94.6 (+0.9)
7:40 - 95.4 (+0.8)
7:50 - 95.9 (+0.5)
8:00 - 96.3 (+0.4)
8:10 - 97.5 (+1.2) I got a string of 4 gains off a single walrus in this stretch
8:20 - 97.9 (+0.4)
8:30 - 98.5 (+0.6)
8:40 - 98.8 (+0.3)
8:50 - 99.6 (+0.8)
9:01 - GM (+0.4)

As you can see, gains were reliably unreliable. However, I still averaged nearly 5 full skillpoints per hour, which I think is pretty good for having absolutely zero threat of death to mobs, as well as the process being dramatically slowed due to the lack of untamed mobs.

In total, the process to GM took roughly 14 hours real time, probably 12 of which actually being spent grinding, with another hour or so spent perusing vendors for reasonably priced jewels. My total cost of leveling Taming/Lore was zero. I profited about 8k which was spent entirely on taming jewelry which I never used.

Feel free to ask questions, I'm sure I left some info out, or people are just curious.

Rosealie

Wanderer
Re: 50-GM Taming/Lore in one day.

Why didn't you kill off your tames at Ice Island? A couple of Nature's Furies will wipe them all out and the respawn is really fast.

<grumbling about 1000 polar bears named 'a'>

Mr.Mischief

Sorceror
Re: 50-GM Taming/Lore in one day.

Rosealie;463063 said:
Why didn't you kill off your tames at Ice Island? A couple of Nature's Furies will wipe them all out and the respawn is really fast.

<grumbling about 1000 polar bears named 'a'>

I was trying to keep my skill point total as low as humanly possible. With nothing but 49 magery and 30 of each reg, I didn't have a reliable means of killing off my tames. I wasn't proud of it, but I had no option. Also, mine were named "ab". :)

Getheborn, I didn't tame ridgebacks because I wasn't at that level quickly enough, and I couldn't afford Savage Kin Paint after my young status wore off. Like I said, this was my very first character on the shard. Also, I can only assume there would most likely be someone at ridgebacks already attempting to get gains. I didn't have to deal with any competition throughout the entirety of my gaining process.