UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

48÷2(9+3) = ???

answer is

Votes: 13 48.1%

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrTamago

Wanderer
I left the height out on purpose, I wanted to see if you knew what you were talking about. Also it's 1/2(B+b) x h for area x l to get volume of a trapezoid. I didn't even attempt to understand what you're talking about. Plus you would have to convert inches/feet to feet/inches. Though I didn't know dividing by 231 would get the answer, I always converted to feet, and then multiplied by 7.48.

I don't see why anyone would learn how to do volume the way you did, and if they did, how they could remember it, you looked that up online didn't you?

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
It's more easy than you think...

The question was:
48÷2(9+3) = ???

So obviously the answer is 288

If the question would have been:
48÷2(9+3) = ?

Then of course the answer would have been 2

You all lose, I win!

a lawyer

Sorceror
I left the height out on purpose, I wanted to see if you knew what you were talking about. Also it's 1/2(B+b) x h for area x l to get volume of a trapezoid. I didn't even attempt to understand what you're talking about. Plus you would have to convert inches/feet to feet/inches. Though I didn't know dividing by 231 would get the answer, I always converted to feet, and then multiplied by 7.48.

I don't see why anyone would learn how to do volume the way you did, and if they did, how they could remember it, you looked that up online didn't you?

I believe what you just mentioned is for the total volume of the trapezoid. You mentioned it was 29% full of water and asked how much water there was, this of course adds another variable and explains the 0.29h.

I practice environmental law and do a fair amount of work with contaminated properties under RCRA/CERCLA which means I look at tank capacity and canal/ditch treatment capacity quite a bit. I tend to check the math from the engineers/consultants and believe it or not sometimes I have to correct them. A couple science degrees help. I've had quite a bit of physics, calc, etc.

It's more easy than you think...

The question was:
48÷2(9+3) = ???
So obviously the answer is 288

If the question would have been:
48÷2(9+3) = ?

Then of course the answer would have been 2

You all lose, I win!

You just blew my mind. What about

48÷2(9+3) = ??

MrTamago

Wanderer
I believe what you just mentioned is for the total volume of the trapezoid. You mentioned it was 29% full of water and asked how much water there was, this of course adds another variable and explains the 0.29h.

I practice environmental law and do a fair amount of work with contaminated properties under RCRA/CERCLA which means I look at tank capacity and canal/ditch treatment capacity quite a bit. I tend to check the math from the engineers/consultants and believe it or not sometimes I have to correct them. A couple science degrees help. I've had quite a bit of physics, calc, etc.

You just blew my mind. What about

48÷2(9+3) = ??

I understand how your math works, it was just so much more complicated than it needed to be, that's the part that didn't make sense to me.