UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

4 accounts per IP?

Deckard Kain

Traveler
4 accounts per IP?

I have some friends that are going to play and are brand new to UO. I would like to help them level up their skills but I'm afraid if I log in to their accounts from my IP along with my 4 accounts it will get me banned.

How does it work with this??

Code Blue

Knight
Re: 4 accounts per IP?

Any account that you log on to can link to more then 4 accounts if u already have 4 accounts.

Do not log on to other accounts from the IP used to create your 4 accounts, which is the same IP that should be your "usual" source IP when playing on those accounts. Your best option is to see if any of the friends have laptops and if any nearby houses/apartments/businesses have wireless access points that you can use. This would allow all your friends to play from the same "room" or area and allow you to assist in person.

FacePump

Knight

derreisender;2062890 said:
Do not log on to other accounts from the IP used to create your 4 accounts, which is the same IP that should be your "usual" source IP when playing on those accounts. Your best option is to see if any of the friends have laptops and if any nearby houses/apartments/businesses have wireless access points that you can use. This would allow all your friends to play from the same "room" or area and allow you to assist in person.

i love how you cannot play with your IRL friends or you can loose everything..
or i cannot show the game to anyone IRL cus if they logged in where i did im fucked..

Deckard Kain

Traveler

derreisender;2062890 said:

Not an option. Most of the yards in my neighborhood are at east an acre and there's no other wifi to connect to but mine.

Not a big deal really, but would be nice =)

I've seen the rule mostly enforced on those who directly abuse the "beyond four accounts" rule through combat/player actions or patterns in house ownership. I have never seen someone with four accounts, who has a friend or two over once in a while, each of who play one character each, get banned under the rule. You cannot create more accounts, so you would need to walk them through the process of installing, patching, logging in, registering, and safely logging out before bringing them over (physically, to your house) to show them around the game.

By this point, you realize it's much easier to walk someone through everything over the phone. Find a good cordless phone with a headset jack. Mine came with headset jacks, and I picked up a cheap microphone/earbud combination on newegg for about ten USD. Granted, since I have IT experience, I know it's not possible to instruct *certain people* through complicated processes on a computer via phone, but I'm sure you'll give it your best effort :)

My friend and I used to play old DOS games at the same time when on the phone. It was cool because we were "playing together," just not in the same reality (parallel universe).

well, me and my irl friend actually played on the same IP about 4yrs ago when i use to live with him, we simply paged in game to get a quick response. luckily Ryan was actually on that day, and we proved to him that me and my bud were actually "2 REAL peeps". he said it was cool, but i wouldn't advise it, unless there's some way to prove it first.

Agreed with above; be open, honest, polite, and brief when paging about such matters. It may require some patience for when the appropriate person is online or able to be contacted, but it's always been worth the wait (in my experience). Especially if you plan to have regular "UO LAN parties" from your IP (well, up to four people per party at a time), it would be a good idea to see if there can be a note on your IP address that certain and/or multiple existing accounts will be used semi-irregularly while you are on one or two of your own characters, at the same time, to play with them. Anything else is certainly speculation; I think your best answer will come from a page.

Fez_

Knight

you would be unlucky to be penalized unless there was 4+ houses linked to IP's