UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

2v2 Tourney?

Thunder

Page
i am thinking of hosting a paid entry 2v2 tourney and want to know the best days and times that would be good for everyone. i also want to know what rule set people would like. what potions etc.

i am planning on doing 50k per team entrance fee. the winners of the event will get a % of the money and also a special item (to be determined upon approval). 2nd and 3rd place teams will also get a % of the money. i will only be paying out for the top 3 teams. if you plan on entering this event plz leave a reply here with the following info:

Ruleset(7x or 5x):

Potions(do you want all or want some excluded):

Day that would be best for you:

Time of day best for you:

i will select the answers based on what the majority wants.

please keep negative or flame comments out of this thread. i want replies from people who are interested in this type of event. if you have questions feel free to ask here. plz DO NOT page in game about this. ty

Code Blue

Knight
Hold two tournaments one for euro/asian players for their timezone, and one for North American players in their timezone.

That way there will be less complaints.

7x or 5x people wont care.

Thunder

Page
also when replying plz use the above format i have in my original post so it is easier to tally the results

Ruleset:

Potions:

Day:

Time of Day:

spooj

Sorceror
does it need to be 2v2? id be more up for a 1v1. but if 2v2

ruleset: 7x standard
potions: all pots no str/explo
day: Any
time of day: 5:00PM-2:00AM CST

edit: btw sounds like a great idea. cant wait fo this maynee

Thunder

Page
yes it will be a 2v2

maybe next time i will do other setups but for this one just a 2v2 to see how it goes

crikey

Sorceror
7x, all pots/runics. Keep it simple and basic, so all types of template will participate. Because it is a pay entree, people may not participate in an event with rules that do not match what they desire. With 7x all pots/runics, everyone can use whichever template with no complaints.

Any tournament arena except the bullshit one thats loaded with poison and spike traps >_< HATEthat arena lol

Best day.....personally it doesn't matter to me, however, I suggest holding it on a Sunday, as there seem to be the most players on sunday. The weekend is about over sunday, few people are at work, and nobody really goes out to socialize. It's a good chll day.

Time? Considering the different time zones, I would say between 6-8pm EST would be most optimal for maximum turnout

I'd like tothank you Thunder. I have suggested in the past (I know my suggestion isnt what sparked this, but I have asked about this before). Very good idea! With reward, and planning in advance so people can be ready if they wish to participate, this should be a good high turnover event I hope! People love special tournaments with reward. Perhaps even a few hybrid Retirees will dust off the hotkeys and throw down?

If I may add one more suggestion, I suggest you make this a 1 v 1, 1v1v1v1, or similar event where a premade team is not required. Personally I should be able to find a partner (not that I expect to win...seem to get second place alot only for my wall of silver trophys), but every 2v2 event there are always a load of people crying out for partners and whatnot, and many times they can't find a partner, and are left out.
By making it a 1v1 event, or something non-team required, the turnout rate will increase, and the prizes will also increase :)

Should this event be a success with alot of action, I suggest more prize events. I'm sure all the negative nellys will bash this comment, but it's true that prize events = 10x more participants. Alot of the fun of UO was that risk vs reward that Hybrid lacks, since very few people even carry good loot for pvp.

Thunder

Page
so far the general consensus seems to prefer a sunday and 7x. potions are still up in the air as to what everyone wants/doesnt want.

ill keep this thread going for a few more days to see if we can decide on potions

Thunder

Page
well it looks like there havent been anymore replies for a few days so ill tally up the results of what rulesets people want and go with the majority.

after i get the ruleset done i will make another post announcing the ruleset, day, time, etc.

ty for all your input