UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

120 spellweave - not as useful?

hugoboss

Sorceror
120 spellweave - not as useful?

in light of the changes where Word of Death now does the 'correct' silly damage around the last 5% of a target's health, i'm just wondering if the fix has made it so that 120 Spellweaving isn't as useful as before.. thinking to drop it down to 100 and put the 20 points to better use.

any thoughts / comments or advice? template i'm using is a nero / mage / weaver

[Demise]Yung

Sorceror
Re: 120 spellweave - not as useful?

At gm weaving you don't wanna use WoD at all, since you will fizzle like a gazillion times, so if you intend to still use it, keep weaving around 110 at least.

hugoboss

Sorceror

yes, that's very true, so it would seem that the 'real' question then is:

if WoD is useful to you - keep 110-120 SW

if you use SW for other stuff, then no need to have it at more than 100

hugoboss;673526 said:
in light of the changes where Word of Death now does the 'correct' silly damage around the last 5% of a target's health

it's a wrong statement, valid only if you have level 1 focus.
At level 5 focus, is the last 25%
At level 6 focus is the last 30%

Fana

Wanderer

its useless imho, i mean u can only use WoD when its 5% on a DF where it used to do 210/250 dmg now does a pathetic 25dmg.... hell i do 160 with flamestrike.. and 50 with fireball a third of the mana cost and a third of the cast time or so.... anywway, so tottaly useless

Esqarrouth

Wanderer

osd_daedalus;673559 said:
it's a wrong statement, valid only if you have level 1 focus.
At level 5 focus, is the last 25%
At level 6 focus is the last 30%

never got 6 focus here

dead-eye

Knight

Fana;673641 said:
its useless imho, i mean u can only use WoD when its 5% on a DF where it used to do 210/250 dmg now does a pathetic 25dmg.... hell i do 160 with flamestrike.. and 50 with fireball a third of the mana cost and a third of the cast time or so.... anywway, so tottaly useless

enlighten me how you do this!!! i would find my dexxer hitting rediculously hard only once in a while on the df's and i couldnt figure out what it was that was making me hit hard.

how much is needed to never fail NFs?

i guess that is all we need from now on.

hugoboss

Sorceror

20 skill i reckon haha

but to be fair, Fana did bring about an interesting point.. if you intend for your weaver to operate in Doom most of the time, then perhaps having 120 weave and relying on WoD isn't very practical, given that it's not as convenient to get a level 5 focus going in Gauntlet..

Fana

Wanderer

well the faeries can be good on second room , and furys sometimes thats the only spellweaving i been using lately hehe. used to have 115, but been going down and down think ill stop at 100...
ir at wtv lvl i need for faeries to not fail, its not like they get stronger for my skill right?

Fana

Wanderer

dead-eye;673678 said:
enlighten me how you do this!!! i would find my dexxer hitting rediculously hard only once in a while on the df's and i couldnt figure out what it was that was making me hit hard.

huh ?

are you talking about corpse skin? just use a fire weapon and ull deal even more dmg.

and DF with corpse skin gets 40% physical armor ur dmg wtv it is wont get that much affected to the point of ridiculousness.

I have a dexxer that uses a katana on DF even if people cast corpse skin i still do about 40 dmg, and with mana leech i spam armor ignore or double strike.

so i got 18% spelldmg inc on my fc1 fcr 2 ring and brace which both got 9% + demon slayer book, + corpse skin, and sometimes someone does discord so thats how i get high dmg.

anyway i seen archers complaining of corpse skin on Impalers i mean wtf do they want the dam mob has 80% physical resist... if i do corpse skin and they do consacrate weapon is a favor im doing to them lol but instead they complain they wana do physical dmg do the dam thing lol

Gisela

Bug Hunter

Do you perhaps mean archer tamers.

In any case it's inconsiderate not only to tamers but to people who aren't wearing lrc and have to like, pay money for consecrate, or use that mana to spam more specials, heals or cures. And for people who want to use phys in rooms 1 and 5 and cold in room 2

Orion Lighter

Sorceror

To Calculate the minimum requirements to cast 100% of the time for Spellweaving spells, just add 37.5 to the minimum required to cast.

I use spellweaving on my spawner just for fairies, but I keep my sw at 80 in order to still be able to get something out of an arcane circle. You need to be within 20 points of everyone else to be able to circle.

Fana

Wanderer

Gisela;673809 said:
Do you perhaps mean archer tamers.

In any case it's inconsiderate not only to tamers but to people who aren't wearing lrc and have to like, pay money for consecrate, or use that mana to spam more specials, heals or cures. And for people who want to use phys in rooms 1 and 5 and cold in room 2

people dont have to pay money for consacrate i have a dexer he just switches between several weapons and spends no money at all in consacrate. not sure what u mean about specials heals and cure... but having different weapons comes cheaper and more effective even if people do CP

i know its inconsiderate i had to put up with it for long until i adapted everyone casts the damm thing so u gotta be ready for it , its not because people are pricks or anythign like that, but ultimately ull do more dmg if u go for fire on corpse skin mobs.

and no i dont mean archer tamers i mean normal archers running around, happened to me once calling me a "f*cking stupid".
ALSO archer tamers can use 100% fir dmg bow so they cant complain if they rather have dryad bow speed vs high fire dmg and even higher since people do CP, i mean how much physical does a person do on the impaler with physical ? 10 dmg... vs 40 if they use a fre weapon...

bottomline even my dexer casts corpse skin on the impaler and uses a fire weapon.. i seen people casting corpse skin on room 1 2 3 4 and 5, i have a different weapon for each room and ocassion, and never gets to me i still do high dmg and no Consacrate.

Orion Lighter

Sorceror

You have to pay tithing gold every time you use a Chiv spell (unless you have 100 gold), in the case of consecrate weapon it's 10 gold.

The healing/curing Gisela's referring to is Close wounds and Cleanse by fire, which have a cost of 10 each as well.

Fana

Wanderer

Orion Lighter;673837 said:
You have to pay tithing gold every time you use a Chiv spell (unless you have 100 gold), in the case of consecrate weapon it's 10 gold.

The healing/curing Gisela's referring to is Close wounds and Cleanse by fire, which have a cost of 10 each as well.

we were talking about the dmg dealt based on mob resist and corpse skin, i dont think that relates.

plus no one forbids a paladin from using lrc so its a matter of choice.

a person meleer or archer that goes to gauntlet without different weapons with types of elemental dmg is bound to have to spam consacrate weapon so they cant complain its their choice. and on roonms like room 2 and 3, no matter how high ur dmg is ull never do enough with just physical.
so corpse skin just makes the obvious more obvious , either spam consacrate weapon or do like my dexer does and change to 100% elemental weapon dmg to fit the need.

i have like 6 weapons on my bag and change nonstop , never use consacrate weapon just enemy of one. if i dont wana use chiv to not spend money then i shouldnt have it or just use lrc. its a choice really.

but going to gauntlet with just physical is a bad choice not coz i say so, but have u seen the dmg a hyriu does on room 3? if a hyriu does 10 dmg how much does a dexeer does 2? and then complain corpse skin makes them do 1 ? when they could be doing 40with an elemental weapon...

i know people like to play their own way but somethings u cant go around even if other players dont interfere u wont get more than 5dmg on room 3 with a physical weapon

Orion Lighter

Sorceror

I was just clarifying Gisela's statement.

But most people with dexers focus more on having all 70s resist and stamina increase before they look at LRC. And most can't afford BRSKs or buying the BRSK pieces, that's probably why they're in Doom to begin with. The same train of thought applies to the proper weapons (especially when dealing with Sampires or Whammies and their need for mana leech).

The advantage of a dexer over any pet is the frequency of swinging. For every swing a hiryu does (without HCI I might add), a dexer with an appropriate weapon can hit 3-6 times.

As an aside, the tamer complaining that they're pissed off about the corpse skin is based on the fact that they're tanking for the entire group, and yet a person that needs them is ruining the tanker's chance at an arty by reducing their damage output (as well as not being the top damager, that's why they're wearing a luck suit after all). A parallel could be the sampire that's tanking and having to consecrate.

Fana

Wanderer

Orion Lighter;673873 said:
I was just clarifying Gisela's statement.

But most people with dexers focus more on having all 70s resist and stamina increase before they look at LRC. And most can't afford BRSKs or buying the BRSK pieces, that's probably why they're in Doom to begin with. The same train of thought applies to the proper weapons (especially when dealing with Sampires or Whammies and their need for mana leech).

The advantage of a dexer over any pet is the frequency of swinging. For every swing a hiryu does (without HCI I might add), a dexer with an appropriate weapon can hit 3-6 times.

As an aside, the tamer complaining that they're pissed off about the corpse skin is based on the fact that they're tanking for the entire group, and yet a person that needs them is ruining the tanker's chance at an arty by reducing their damage output (as well as not being the top damager, that's why they're wearing a luck suit after all). A parallel could be the sampire that's tanking and having to consecrate.

well you cant have everything, my dexer has most resists high but no lrc so i avoid using consacrate weapons with 100% elemental weapons.

never had a brsk in my uo life =|. and my weapons are not that great but just the fact that their 100% cold or 100% energy or 100% fire make a huge difference.

plus i got those waepons in gauntlet random loot. except for my cold weapon which is cold blood, and breath of dead that i bought. rest is all looted just coz they had 100% fire or energy dmg and no other good mods my energy has 100% elemental and 4%hci cleaver i do 30 dmg on the undead knight if someone uses physical weapons on places liek that their noobs. or shouldnt complain about the consacrate spam.

i know the tamers are tanking i used to do that untill i stopped going with tamer, my point is the archer that called me stupid for corpse skin is an idiot lol. and corpse skin should serve my own dmg alone so it wouldnt affect tamers but then again nothing prevents them from bringing a dragon with nightmare which would benefit from corpse skin... theres ups and downs.