UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

#1 way to kill bola tamers

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'
Re: #1 way to kill bola tamers

Addicted;1470703 said:
Sweet. I'm glad this is catching on. It's the best way to counter act the bola tamers.

It's not balance. It's rock-paper-scissors, and that's garbage.

KUURU

Wanderer

Hah - Neat ol' niche character that'll only prove to be a waste of time on somebody the second time around.

Addicted

Disciple

LKP;1471012 said:
It's not balance. It's rock-paper-scissors, and that's garbage.

Then don't use it.

These people will be out fighting while you sit around the forums and cry about it.

Killer Queen

Sorceror

a vorpal bunny;1471065 said:
who the hell pvps on a tamer?

Are you serious?

Anyways, my thought on the peacemaking to fight bola tamers is just that if you want to use up two skills to get a chance to peace their pets every 10 seconds, go for it. It is better than paralyze, because they can't just hop on and off them, but that would be very funny to see if it worked, especially on a dexxer.

aemneuspeed

Knight

Using peacemaking to kill a bola tamer does work great, most of the time, if you peace there mare they hop on the mare and run the other way knowing there screwed, also if you did this on a well suited dexxer it would work really well, becuase if you peace the mare its no threat to you, and most bola tamers will choose having resist over having wrestling which means when you get close to them to hit them they wont be able to cast that well due to you interrupting them all the time, and if the mare does not get peace'd or it comes out of peace mode, if you have on studded or better armor thats fort chances are the mares not going to melee you that much, and if your worried about it run w/ a 1 handed dp'ed wep, that way you can chug/bandage and still keep your wep in hand and hitting the bola tamer.

Killer Queen;1471067 said:
Are you serious?

Anyways, my thought on the peacemaking to fight bola tamers is just that if you want to use up two skills to get a chance to peace their pets every 10 seconds, go for it. It is better than paralyze, because they can't just hop on and off them, but that would be very funny to see if it worked, especially on a dexxer.

yeh, the only people I ever knew to pvp with a tamer were pussies.

LKP

Addicted;1471037 said:
Then don't use it.

These people will be out fighting while you sit around the forums and cry about it.

No, I'll still be out PKing on my perfectly adequate yet not overpowered tank mage, either solo or in a very small group just like I do now. And when I encounter a bola tamer with more than one pet while I'm solo, I'll cut and run because I know I'm not going to be able to para and invis 2 mares. Even getting one para off is damn near impossible since the tamer will be spamming magic arrows at you just to disrupt while the mare kills you in a couple of seconds.

You can talk shit or pretend there's not a problem with tamers in PvP, but ignoring the problem won't make it go away. It won't stop me from playing, but it's there.

Mashenka

Wanderer

Addicted;1471037 said:
Then don't use it.

hell, with rock paper scissors combat youre just item based pvp away from world of warcraft

proudfoot

Wanderer

A peace dexxer is awesome. Not only does it work very well as a pvm character, it owns tamers.

LKP

Well if you need a group, the templates are irrelevant anyway!

Beat'n Gutz

Wanderer

Please waste a skill in peacing.... btw... bola tamers are usally 5x so , you will get pwnted either way :)

yours truly

3 2 1 all kill

bitches

Smaklo

Wanderer

You can actually beat a pvp tamer mage with a parry dexer with a noxed weapon.. quite funny cuz the mares melee game is non existant and with ut dex u can interrupt most their big spells and heal up quick.. not to mention that a few hits on the pvper them self brings and end.

And Ive personally done this myself :) so it does work.. I suggest a chaos or order shield :)

Raf

Wanderer

Omg... Most people are stun / bola / tamers
a 7x mare fuckin rapes u with its fire breath and flamestrikes. How the hell do you expect me to melee the tamer while im stunned, he loads his combo, mare hits me, firebreath, trows spell and then the spells from the tamer hit. I dont see how you expect someone to survive thru all that damage. All the bola tamer has to do is go all out on damage to kill u.
The only thing I see as a good counter vs bola tamers is another freakin bola tamer with better pets.
Either that or make a MEGA defense char with gm parry, scribe, resist, magery...

There needs to be some degree of item based pvp on this shard, and taming is it, but mares should not be going for a measily 10k when they are multiple times more effective than a lower-upper end runic weapon (golds are 30k!). Not only that, but the dexer has to invest 300 skillpoints in order to effectively use his weapon, while the tamer only needs to invest 120.

Bottom line: nightmares are too common and shouldn't take 120 skillpoints to control.