UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

#1 way to kill bola tamers

Azareil

Sorceror
Re: #1 way to kill bola tamers

Question for you guys: Do you think that if we brought back old-style Animal Lore, it would make taming more hard? What I mean by that is, Old Style Animal Lore, when I played when Renaissance came out would only tell you how happy your pet was.

Truthfully, that's all you should be able to tell in my opinion. If you can't tell what its stats are, you can't train it to 7x GM without assuming things. I think that it'd make taming PVP quite a bit better. No 7x's running around.

HeD

Wanderer

I posted a good suggestion to this but it wasn't good enough to make it to the forum. In the old days of uo you could not ride your pet after it was in a fight for a set period of time. If Animal lore acted as a timer it would even the playing field a bit. at 20 lore with a pet that requires 90 taming you would have to wait the length of a paralyze spell (what's that 30 seconds?) before you can mount again. at gm lore you can hop back on instantly.

sheeplicker

Wanderer

how do ppl find out these bullshit loopholes and glitches that just piss you off? they should be lynched....more or less

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

HeD;1472772 said:
I posted a good suggestion to this but it wasn't good enough to make it to the forum. In the old days of uo you could not ride your pet after it was in a fight for a set period of time. If Animal lore acted as a timer it would even the playing field a bit. at 20 lore with a pet that requires 90 taming you would have to wait the length of a paralyze spell (what's that 30 seconds?) before you can mount again. at gm lore you can hop back on instantly.

What about a regular horse? The tamers are the ones using the bolas,and if yo ucan't get back on a regular horse instantly, that's a no go.

Mares should definitely need GM lore and GM taming to control. And those skills should probably be a lot harder to train.

Although as for Doc Jone's initial premise that UOG needs some degree of item-based PvP... WHAT? No it doesn't. And even if it did, tamers are the farthest thing from it. You want to talk items in PvP, talk reagents. Talk runics. Talk magic armor. If you got rid of bonding that would be a start, but tamers aren't going to any real expense when all they have to do is res the damn thing. A fighter or tank who loses a decent runic weapon is out maybe 25k and up, whereas a tamer is out the cost of a bandaid and his "weapon" is way more powerful.

saul

Wanderer

peacemaking is in no way effective against a tamer who knows the details of gameplay. even in an ideal counterattack, peacemaking a tamer's pets will still leave you up against a 4x/5x mage. you will also most likely be pulled from your mount and made to fight on foot while the tamer can simply remount his peaced pet and chase you around. at this point you have about five seconds to take out the tamer with superior magery before his mount becomes a usable weapon again.

that said, i love my bola tamer. they are way overpowered and i like it that way

Pops22

Wanderer

LKP;1473713 said:
If you got rid of bonding that would be a start, but tamers aren't going to any real expense when all they have to do is res the damn thing. A fighter or tank who loses a decent runic weapon is out maybe 25k and up, whereas a tamer is out the cost of a bandaid and his "weapon" is way more powerful.

every time a mare get boated it costs the owner either days of training a new one, more than 1 mil to buy a new one, or $5 usd to eat the summoning ball charge.

im pretty sure all those > 25k runic in terms of cost.

GradGT

Sorceror

i remember back when you couldnt mount a horse that was in combat that was lame as hell, booooo that idea. thats the worst idea since taking the t-rex out of jurassic park