UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

1/13

ASayre

Retired RunUO Developer
1/13

Bout an hour or so of downtime AT THE MOST

Got to defrag and such, yaada yaada. Other minor server maint. Inactive acct wipe, windows updates, joy joy.

[Drakull]

Knight
Re: 1/13

It seems that there has been a problem: all the houses in ANY idoc state have felt suddenly (includen houses that were not either in danger of collapsing yet, like greatly worn ones).

Cronus

and his amazing friends

Drakull-demise;214074 said:
It seems that there has been a problem: all the houses in ANY idoc state have felt suddenly (includen houses that were not either in danger of collapsing yet, like greatly worn ones).

Whenever an account is deleted (inactive account wipe) any house associated with that account instantly falls. You've been around long enough that you should now this.

YellowBelly

Wanderer

Cronus-demise;214129 said:
Whenever an account is deleted (inactive account wipe) any house associated with that account instantly falls. You've been around long enough that you should now this.

He is right you know.

[Drakull]

Knight

Cronus-demise;214129 said:

Well..
1) When I replied I didn't read the edited changes in the message from Asayre, but the initial message where it was saying about an hour for the server's defrag and server updates.

2) In theory accounts already delete themselves after 90 days of inactivity, becoming their houses in that process idocs, but not falling inmediately.

3) I was expecting that If our beloved staff decides to delete "inactive accounts" that might still be around that they of course know better to filter wich accounts to delete ensuring that the game mechanics are not affected by such actions.

4) Sorry if I offended you Cronus with my post in any way, but was not my intention at all. I was just trying to make notice the staff a fact: that all the houses in ANY idoc status (not just the ones in "in danger of collapsing") felt down, in case that it was a problem or an error. If it was something already known and already wanted, my apologies for pointing something obvious.

Cronus

and his amazing friends

Drakull-demise;214135 said:
2) In theory accounts already delete themselves after 90 days of inactivity, becoming their houses in that process idocs, but not falling inmediately.

This is a common misconception, accounts do not automatically delete themselves ever. After 90 days of inactivity they are flagged as inactive, and any houses associated with them begin to decay. If the owner of the account logs back in when the house is 1 or 2 days into the decay process, it will stop decaying and they can continue playing as normal. The account is not actually deleted until we perform an inactive account wipe, as was the case tonight.

[Drakull]

Knight

Cronus-demise;214143 said:
This is a common misconception, accounts do not automatically delete themselves ever. After 90 days of inactivity they are flagged as inactive, and any houses associated with them begin to decay. If the owner of the account logs back in when the house is 1 or 2 days into the decay process, it will stop decaying and they can continue playing as normal. The account is not actually deleted until we perform an inactive account wipe, as was the case tonight.

Thank you for clarifying that point. As you might understand it makes a huge difference from one concept to the other one.
Suggestion to add in the code: Flag in the account to mark it when it's not just account inactive but account inactive and cleared, meaning with "cleared" that the account has no houses associated with it (meaning that if the houses were previously existing will already be decayed). That will allow account wipes but keep at the same time the game mechanics.

Khephren

Knight

witnessed that the first time they ever wiped out those accounts.... what a blast it was, i suddenly got rich in like an hour! but unfortunatelly i quit and joined back and started from scratch, but now im rich again and its not fun, nothing else to do, no challenges anymore. game has become quit boring :(

The game has become quite boring for alot of us
some of the better and more exciting things really has to do with interaction.
I find this difficult because there are alot of non-english players on the shard too.
I'm just an english speaking Canadian that has been a member of demise since sept 2005. I enjoy doing peaceful things the odd time like mining and fishing. But I really miss being in an active guild that does things.
For some reason when with a good group - even the most boring things can be fun. like the time I took out 50 garg picks so that all the archers in the guild could build up thier skills - scored quite a bit of ingots from that one and it was fun!
the other one was the net tossing event - we had 250 fishing nets and about 15 of us circled 8 boats and just kept tossing nets into the water. We scored about 40+ mib's and tons of other stuff. (We finished the night off with three leviathan nets)
Doing lvl 4-5-6 t-maps is a fun night for three (the digger and two tamers usually) I prefer to fight the monsters that spawn than to leave them for some unsuspecting lower level t-hunter to run into.

I tried pvp but I just need ALOT of training to learn the tricks and how to utilize them. But for now people just see me running around - maybe soon I'll join a guild.