UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Rares

Silly Santa

Sorceror
Silly Santa has good passion. From what i can see his anger isn't particularly aimed at staff, more as he is just a passionate UO player who wants to make the game better much like myself. That is the type you need. People who are willing to go die hard to get things done as properly and efficiently as possible.

Appreciate what you said. yeah.. i think a lot of people "miss-understand me" ... i mean they can call me angry .. or think i hate the shard or all staff .. i only hate the unprofessional - corrupt ones we used to have... because it makes the game not fun to play anymore. I find it frusterating though when i can see so much potentional in something, and seeing a problem that needs fixing, and i personally cant fix it and i just see the problem sitting there and nothing be done about it. I guess my passion and drive can get viewed as me being a "hater" who bashes the shard.. and staff.. but clearly those people dont see where im coming from and they dont actually know me, so they shouldnt judge me

Why not keep players informed about what's coming so that they don't feel as though issues aren't being addressed?

Also, I suspect that Santa had more of an issue with individual players acquiring billions of gold. Webster Tarpley has shown the consequences of this, as he has single-handedly doubled the price of wands, and runic hammers have become obscenely overpriced.

To be honest.. i dont even know Webster. My problem though with gold is that people have been able to donate for it.. creating gold out of thin air.. and it resulted in a lot of people not having to farm and go into dungeons anymore. I am not saying though - let me be clear... i am not saying that the shard should not get donations.. but there is a way for it to be set up that doesnt jepordize the economy by creating gold out of thin air.

I dont even play here anymore because i dropped most of my stuff and or gave it away... im just here voicing my opinions because i think there are a lot of things that could contribute to bringing hybrid back to its glory days. People like blacksheep and amtothepm can hate on me all they want.. but if they knew me even the least bit - they would see im not "anti hybrid".

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Why not keep players informed about what's coming so that they don't feel as though issues aren't being addressed?

Also, I suspect that Santa had more of an issue with individual players acquiring billions of gold. Webster Tarpley has shown the consequences of this, as he has single-handedly doubled the price of wands, and runic hammers have become obscenely overpriced.

Why so we can get bitched at about what we're doing, when it's going to be done etc? It's a catch 22 quite honestly. You see it as a right to know, simple favor or even just common courtesy, where for us it's a complete hassle. Players voice their opinions like Silly does, we listen, hear it and take what we think is valuable etc... otherwise we get mired down in the details of shit that really doesnt matter and can't focus on doing what we need to/want to in order to make Hybrid better.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Why so we can get bitched at about what we're doing, when it's going to be done etc? It's a catch 22 quite honestly. You see it as a right to know, simple favor or even just common courtesy, where for us it's a complete hassle. Players voice their opinions like Silly does, we listen, hear it and take what we think is valuable etc... otherwise we get mired down in the details of shit that really doesnt matter and can't focus on doing what we need to/want to in order to make Hybrid better.
Why would you possibly care about getting "bitched at?" That would be like not creating YouTube videos because you're afraid of what people will say in the comments. It's a senseless concern.

Saying nothing makes people feel as though nothing is going on. It's good for both current and new players to be kept abreast of the game's development and have something to look forward to. Plenty of gaming companies do this.

kolbycrouch

Knight
Hybrid's player base is shrinking, as is UO's, but that doesn't change the fact the hybrid was once the largest, most populated shard. Now, there is a couple of pre-AOS shards that are bigger now, and even RUNUO demise has a more active player base I believe. This is because all of these shards have done something that intrigues the committed veteran player, and also caters to new players. Hybrid simply hasn't changed too much, it got to a point when some admins thought, it just dominates all other shards, so why bother changing it.

toronto_matt

Sorceror
Anyone ever figure what some of you are doing can actually be counter productive?

I mean yes ryan said he wanted suggestions but some of you are basically writing like a freakin thesis on here. I mean the guy clearly has a busy life, he finally comes back and everyone goes all mad, I know it's outta love for the shard but it's like some guy walking into a room FULL of people and everyone just shouts at him all at once really loudly over and over what's the guy gonna do? he's either just gonna walk back out or be extremely disinterested.

There are pm buttons, there is irc, you CAN get a hold of him privately.

just relax

Think about the things that have ALREADY been accomplished since suzy and francis have taken over the day to day stuff. Yes there is always more that can be done, we play for free at the end of the day

Let's just keep everything in perspective

Give him a chance and let's see what happens :)

Silly Santa

Sorceror
Jim - that's why I think and suggested in my trammeled *THESIS :rolleyes:* that....

- More staff should be hired to help contribute to the overall success of the shard

- This would be derived by each aspect of the shard being managed by someone

- That there should be certain delegated responsibilities to each staff member

- That there should be staff promotions and when you get to a certain "level/promotion" they would receive an incentive, if they continue to do a good job. They would be influenced to do a good job, not perform corrupt actions, and this would easily serve as the foundation to having an adequate staff team that does not consist of unethical GMS and these GMS would be managing every aspect of this shard.. and you could say welcome backkk glory days... I know a lot of people miss it... and I for one don't think they are "gone for good", if issues are addressed and new ideas implemented.

Anyways.... If you ask me ... i think this is one of the most important things that should be taken into consideration.. creating a structure for staffing.. this would also relieve stress/work off of Ryan/Suzy and Francis... which im sure they would love.

Or, maybe this Silly Santa just has too high of hopes :(

timothy wood

Sorceror
i have played on here for a long time i have played uo since it came out and my problem is the fact that rares are what people do to get money or poker if we want to get the shard back up just play the game for what it is a rpg, pvp pvm pve, but when people are logged in to just banksit and collect handouts then why even play, i can remeber when people use to do champ spawns and go in dungeons, i used to get mad because i couldnt even tame something without a red coming and killing me but now i dont even have to worry about it, i can go tame mares dragons and everything without a single red being seen, i dont pvp but it would be better than what is going on now, i dont blame the staff i blame the players because if more people actually wanted to go out and do stuff like hunting farming and ect then we wouldnt have so much of this rare issue i think that to get a rare you have to go kill a specialized monster and it only would have a percent drop rate kinda like the undine armor stuff. i love this shard i have left the shard i have played other shards but i continue to come back because i believe tis shard can be great it just needs come tlc and some players that want the same stuff.

timothy wood

Sorceror
i myself cant be on all the time like Ryan said you got kids and a life outside of UO so for example ones like me cant get into rares and otehr stuff like that because when they are given out are on holidays and stuff like that that we have families to spend it with. maybe its just me but i think the amount of rares and money on this shard is out right ridiculous. the only thing i am asking for is to make it more lean towards the type of game that we started and loved to play

and thanks to all of you for your opinions on this subject ,,,,,, i just didnt want to be the only one that feels this way

charlie3771

Sorceror
I will be pvming soon. Spent all my gold on neon hair.

If any of you know WKD guild. I never wanted to put my hands on someone IRL for a video game before. But I have an urge to thrash these mofuckers something bad.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
i dont blame the staff i blame the players because if more people actually wanted to go out and do stuff like hunting farming and ect then we wouldnt have so much of this rare issue i think that to get a rare you have to go kill a specialized monster and it only would have a percent drop rate kinda like the undine armor stuff. i love this shard i have left the shard i have played other shards but i continue to come back because i believe tis shard can be great it just needs come tlc and some players that want the same stuff.
I don't mind farming at all, but why would I bother when I have over 200 million gold? Why would I bother if I had even 10 million? There is literally nothing that I need from any monster drop. You can't blame the players for not farming when there's no incentive to do so.

kolbycrouch

Knight
I don't mind farming at all, but why would I bother when I have over 200 million gold? Why would I bother if I had even 10 million? There is literally nothing that I need from any monster drop. You can't blame the players for not farming when there's no incentive to do so.

Precisely, we simply need MORE incentive to do so.

i just fuckin haaaaaaate tamer farming.

give me a way for my solo mage (preferably alchy stun) can make 50k-200k an hour like tamers in a dungeon some place using nothing but regs and i'll gladly sit in your dark dungeons

problem is, pvm is very tamer sided. It's built around taming and quite honestly pets are just a hassle for me. Esp with griefers recalling in all the time. Just not worth the hassle for me and I'm sure im not the only one in this boat. I understand dexxers can do kind of decent in dungeons, but I don't lift enough to carry around a sword and board for hours.

I really liked the lunar monster idea. Certain areas with random timers that spawn a special mob with a chance to drop something valuable. But please make it not have 30k life or some dumb shit where i need pets. Rarity itself is enough of a task for players to hunt, having to make them do it with drags/mares is weak.

Mages just have 0 way to make money other than market/poker. Makes very small, if any, profits in pvp. Perhaps have a red/blue loot drop similar to factions where after a kill that awards a murder count has a chance to drop an item. (also rework murder counts to be automatic, but with a cooldown, just like factionpoints.)

i just fuckin haaaaaaate tamer farming.

give me a way for my solo mage (preferably alchy stun) can make 50k-200k an hour like tamers in a dungeon some place using nothing but regs and i'll gladly sit in your dark dungeons

problem is, pvm is very tamer sided. It's built around taming and quite honestly pets are just a hassle for me. Esp with griefers recalling in all the time. Just not worth the hassle for me and I'm sure im not the only one in this boat. I understand dexxers can do kind of decent in dungeons, but I don't lift enough to carry around a sword and board for hours.

Fuck yes.

timothy wood

Sorceror
i agree the fact that tamers can just ab out do everything needs to be changed, one is pvp tamers because most tamers are mages so they have alot of power. i also agree with the fact straight mages have no chance in dungeons, i just think that we need more to get people to actually play and not just sit around trying to get rich, i think in the 7 years i have played on hybrid the most mone y i have had at one is a little over 3 mil, because i dont deal with the stupid rares, what i would like to do is get on like i used to have abunch of friends and just go hunting do champs, and have fun, everytime i get on now i can go run around not have to worry about reds or anything like that