UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The League of Champions

Uosteams isn't the issue, the core problem is RUNUO casting. Fix that and timing/skill will actually mean something. All it is now is nox/mortal + untimed spam.

And as gimp as uosteam maybe, in duels mortal is just as much of a crutch.

kolbycrouch

Knight
Uosteams isn't the issue, the core problem is RUNUO casting. Fix that and timing/skill will actually mean something. All it is now is nox/mortal + untimed spam.

And as gimp as uosteam maybe, in duels mortal is just as much of a crutch.

Runuo casting is certainly a problem, but in the past, if you have pvp'd there was still tons of skill involved. Steam has not eliminated skill completely, but with razor you still have to time spells, and with faster casting, YOU have to be more aware. Steam makes general casting dummy proof, and eliminates the need to time your spells really, the only skills is knowing which spells to cast, and at what time. In the past, if you had the skill to do something, it would usually pay off, if you failed to do something correctly, it would backfire or atleast be a waste of time. Now there is less "risk" with steam, and more "reward".

I guess u dont understand the underlying issue. People have been casting like that since the creation of runuo, a lot more than just uosteam allows it. None of that would be an issue if they would just fix the casting. None of the free server programs work that great on osi because of the casting system they have in place, Those spam macros wont work.

I think you would have to actually log onto an OSI server and see the difference in casting first hand to understand(over look all the other bullshit and just get a feel for the casting) what i mean by skill and timing. Skill on runuo = knowing what to cast, skill on OSI = knowing what to cast and the exact moment to target it.

kolbycrouch

Knight
Lol. You still have to TIME the spells with razor, steam allows very efficient macro's to avoid overcasting, and queuing your spells, which cannot be done effectively with razor. Yes I agree the timing on osi adds a much higher level of skill, considering you must time the recovery, but even steam on osi can help you cast better by making clever macro's which is what people are doing, these macro's are either not possible with razor or too hard to perfect for the whole community to use.

infectious strike is allowed but poisoned weapons aren't? "600 skill cap" versus "700 skill cap" is not so fair.
If you're referring to infectious strike (the weapon special), no it is not allowed. It hasn't in standard rule sets for quite some time. If you still have it on a character you're trying to enter with you could always soulstone your poisoning so you can have 700 skill points again.

Syah

Sorceror
If you're referring to infectious strike (the weapon special), no it is not allowed. It hasn't in standard rule sets for quite some time. If you still have it on a character you're trying to enter with you could always soulstone your poisoning so you can have 700 skill points again.

so?
whichever skill I choose to raise will never give me a deserved right as using infectious strike does. this means again "600 vs 700"

and think about mages with 100 poisoning skill can hit deadly.

the rules have to be remodified fairly.

Xionu

Sorceror
so?
whichever skill I choose to raise will never give me a deserved right as using infectious strike does. this means again "600 vs 700"

and think about mages with 100 poisoning skill can hit deadly.

the rules have to be remodified fairly.

My main player was a Nox mage when they made League of Champions, They had infectious strike on the rule set (disallowed). So did I whine? No. I re-rolled to a tactics mage with a harvy. Now I rarely play that nox mage. The main reason is because having your poisons cured on the field in 1 second from a script is shitty, and poisoned weapons are against most dueling rule sets.

If they brought in poisoned weapons they would have to change more than just that, they would have to allow cure pots (which would lead to heal pots). If they allowed poisoned weapons and didn't do that infectious strike would be even more ridiculous than mortal. At least with mortal you can cast without fizzling from the poison ticks.

Syah

Sorceror
My main player was a Nox mage when they made League of Champions, They had infectious strike on the rule set (disallowed). So did I whine? No. I re-rolled to a tactics mage with a harvy. Now I rarely play that nox mage. The main reason is because having your poisons cured on the field in 1 second from a script is shitty, and poisoned weapons are against most dueling rule sets.

If they brought in poisoned weapons they would have to change more than just that, they would have to allow cure pots (which would lead to heal pots). If they allowed poisoned weapons and didn't do that infectious strike would be even more ridiculous than mortal. At least with mortal you can cast without fizzling from the poison ticks.

anyway...to me, killing the nature of the game in this way is not acceptable.( I mean both using easyUO and disabling many feautures in game.)

Xionu

Sorceror
anyway...to me, killing the nature of the game in this way is not acceptable.( I mean both using easyUO and disabling many feautures in game.)
You can still use infectious strike on the field, the "nature" cant be killed by a 1v1 tournment every other week... If you don't like the rule set you have two options: Re-roll or don't go. I strongly suggest the second option.

Syah

Sorceror
You can still use infectious strike on the field, the "nature" cant be killed by a 1v1 tournment every other week... If you don't like the rule set you have two options: Re-roll or don't go. I strongly suggest the second option.

I also don't accept the term you used "whine" is a bit offensive.
that's what I am doing exactly. I refuse to change my game style.

sk8nomad

Sorceror
with this same logic we will have tamers using greater dragons in the duel pits. there has to be some rules.

Xionu

Sorceror

I never said you were whining directly... it was just implied by me saying I didn't whine. Now I'm saying to stop whining.

Syah

Sorceror
I never said you were whining directly... it was just implied by me saying I didn't whine. Now I'm saying to stop whining.

you call it "whine" as we are an adults we call it "discussing matters"?

I won't talk to anyone who acts like a child. You won't be replied anymore.

Xionu

Sorceror
you call whine to discuss matters?

I won't talk to somebody who acts like a child. You won't be replied anymore.

I just have my own idea and this rule is ruining of the winning chance of fence fighters. that's all.

You don't stand a chance regardless.
^ This

And I don't even understand what you are trying to tell me... Because what you typed makes no literal sense. You are whining because there is no infectious strike.

infectious strike is allowed but poisoned weapons aren't? "600 skill cap" versus "700 skill cap" is not so fair.
Kinda sounds like whining IMO