UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Spellweaving vs eval.

Gorakka

Wanderer
My current template is.

Animal Lore 113.2
Animal Taming 105.5
Magery 100.0 + tome
Necromancy 95.0 + bloodwood
Spirit Speak 105.0 + bloodwood
veterinary 100

I could go with 100/105 eval? Or 96.0 spellweaving and 105 vet. I hear spellweaving is good to have for champs/peerless. But how hard is it going to be to form a circle group to get an arcane focus? will i be sitting around for hours? Is eval a bad decision?

Thanks.

Alhimikut

Sorceror
You can log your own bots at 0 skill to make your own focus.. switch SW for vet for perless bosses or even for some spawns.. but usually for spawns SW changes eval int... vet changes for some deffence skill

LittleMary

Traveler
Does that really work at 0 skill ? Cause, anyone that isnt fully trained doesnt give me higher focus. (further then 20 skill from me.

Mitzlplik

Traveler
Is a necro tamer a very good damager (spellwise) without eval? I know I use EB and FS alot with mine, I`m never w/o mana from wraith and leach but would that change without eval? Why would I want SW instead of eval? All I see is less damage and more healing,which would be good for some situations I guess but...... Am I missing sumthing?

LittleMary

Traveler
would that change without eval?
Why would I want SW instead of eval?
Am I missing sumthing?

1. Yes on many monsters if not using proper slayer.
2. Spawns( Thunder range is way bigger then wither). Gift of Renew for pet, gift of life for you and pet. But considering this for a few word of death while gimping the rest of the fight is completly wrong concept and utterly bad mathematics imo. Also, if in doom... corpse skin + Flamestrike + slayer does same damage as word of death...
3. Probably not much tbh.

Alhimikut

Sorceror
A higher end pvm-er doenst go around killing blood eles and stuff.. For solo peerless boses you swtich vet for eval int... and for Grizled mosnter you dont neeed eval as you use poison strike... for spawns you dont use magery to dmg... and for doom you will go for eval of course.... Best thing is to have the skills on soulstone and switch them according to ocasion.... if you aren ot old enough to have soulstones just loose the veterinary for SW.. have vet on another char to res your pet when you fail to use Sw to ress it.

Mitzlplik

Traveler
Great explanation,thanks.
My account is almost 700 days old and I took nothing but soul stones for rewards so i`m good there. Looks like i`m gunna be working SW soon.

Gorakka

Wanderer
Thunderstorm damage seems insanely low.. even with a focus.. is it supposed to do little to no damage? And is worth of death really worth it?

Alhimikut

Sorceror
You need to have SDI to be effective in mass spells. Thunderstorm does good dmg for level 1-3 of spawns and is usable at lvl 4.. wither is a better option here as you dont pull much. Word of death is not really a spell you will use much

LittleMary

Traveler
It all depend what you want tbh. I looked at his guide and the skill usage is well explained on what you wanna trade/use based on what you wanna do.

Alhimikut

Sorceror
indeed.. if you know that you play well enough and your pet wont die so that you cant ress him with Gift of Life you switch vet for wrestling. If you are not secure about your skills in battle you may go with vet or just keep a second char with vet to ress your pet when you fuck things up ;)