UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

PvM/PvP Template Question.

Gorakka

Wanderer
Greetings, I made my first character here on demise. And he's a sampire, I like the playstyle but It's pretty expensive to gear him so that I can do champ spawns and doom I've been hearing. and as I just started playing again I can't afford it. I was told that a Necro/Spellweaver/Tamer is a good option but training animal taming seems like it would be a real pain.

I guess my question is, are Necro mages viable? For both PvP and champ spawns? can they solo doom?
What skills does the template consist of? I seen the guide stickied above labeled "Red necromage" is it the best route to take?

115 Magery (100 + tome)
115 Eval
115 Wrestling (Can save points and get 120 defensive wrestling using 105 anatomy)
100 Spirit Speak
100 Resisting Spells
105 Necromancy
XX Meditation

Why wrestling??

Morcheeba

Wanderer
You wouldnt be able to solo champ or Doom spawns without taming and lore in there too. Infact, doing this would be my recomendation, as a Necro/Weave/Tamer I could solo Doom within 10 days of starting server. I can also solo some champ spawns and Lady Mel fairly easily.

My template:
110 Animallore
105 taming
110 Mage
110 Eval
110 SS
110 Necro
50 Spellweaving

The SW is pretty important for Self rez of yourself and pet.

Gearwise all your looking for is 100% LRC, 32+ LMC and as much SDI as you can pack in with 60+ resists in all. You will only need 2/6 fc/fcr as well instead of the 4/6 when you go full spellweaving.

A relevant guide can be found here: http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/467398/
If you have any more questions or want to see the template in action then drop me a private message and I'd be happy to help.

Morcheeba

Wanderer
Nah, its ok. Either get a Soulstone and use a char with only animaltaming and lore skills on it or just train Taming and Lore first. Maybe 50 magery for easy recaling. I went GM to 105 taming in about 2 hours taming Unicorns.

Morcheeba

Wanderer
I dont get this one can you explain it little bit more. What you mean with "self rez"

As Turk linked the Spellweaving Gift of Life spell applies a 10 minute buff that upon death, resurrects them after a short pause. The buff can be applied to the player or the players bonded pets.

Another useful spell is Gift of Renewal which applies a heal over time buff which is very effective. As I said I'd be happy to show you these things in game if that helps.

jzemn

Squire
I dont really know the shard rules so I hope I dont promote nothing wrong but i feel it is simply normal to use other soft that eases this hard job as long as you are near pc.

For me training taiming isnt hard. All I need is some magery, eval, armor with resists, get guilded so I can kill my tamables without release and I can start setting up my macro its Roadkills Ultra Tamer. Easyuo.

If you are interested in this i will try to help as much as I can. Read please twice last sentence.