UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Necromage Tamer + General Tamer Questions.

Gorakka

Wanderer
So, recently a friend and I have been playing Necromage Tamers, my friend started off with just a regular tamer but it seemed any pet he used failed to do enough damage to be of use at peerless/champs/doom.

My Necromage tamer does fairly well when it comes to slaying the first and second level of some champ spawns, but after that It starts to go down hill. At peerless bosses I'm either killed, mana starved, or do little to no damage. Mind you that this was also all tested on test center, and produced the same result, Low damage, Some mana issues, death.

Are we missing something? Are these not the templates to use when in a duo team at Champion spawns, peerless bosses, or doom?

Would two Sampires be better? Any advice/input is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Gig-A-Hurtz

Wanderer
I'm also curious to see what people have to say about this subject.
I have played a tamer since January of 2000 and here on Demise my tamer (with greater dragon) is next to useless for anything but a tank....
I actually named my greater dragon "useless"

Lots of views and no replies.....anyone have any input?

Is it true that a tamer with a greater dragon has to rely on casting for damage and not their pet?

Alhimikut

Sorceror
You are doing it wrong... Have to chek up my guide and this of MB that has quite usefull videos. A single tamer can solo any spawn and kill any peerless( except for Parox.. but im pretty sure even that can be done.
You must aim for high (50+) SDI, 60+ resists and 40 lmc to be effective.
Also if you wnat yout pet to do dmg.. you are doing it wrong.. your pet is only there to tank for you.. you do your own damage and thats what kills peerleses and spawns etc.
The idea behind spawning is first 2 waves you run around casting thundestorm while having Gifr of renewel and Arcnae emopworment on. If you have really good gear you can do this even at wave 3. Wave 4 you run in with rpecasted invisiblity say all guard and target self( make the target self on a easy button- i use mouse scroll up.. if you target your status bar to hide you will be too slow). After the mobs target your dragon you say all stay and start withering them down :) Practice to perfection... See the MB guide video( cartographer section- red topics about guides- necor mage weaver).

Peerleses- check out my guide( link in my signiture) basic idea is you target the peerless.. with your GD... and you have 2 choices.. to use your GD as dmg help and eventually retarget the boss hwen GD or boss hides... or jsut say all stay and safely do dmg on the background ;)

I used to have a guild where we explained this stuff to members.. but guild is no more now.. I will be chaining the Halloween town spawn these days and you can stick around and see how i do it.. will give you some advice

Gorakka

Wanderer
Interesting, I've followed the guides to the T, even on test center and had no good outcome, Spellweaving also didn't seem to do much in terms of thunderstorm, wither seemed more worth while, So I switched out spellweaving for eval. Thanks for the reply, I might just make a sampire and see how it does.. It appears I just can't get the taming thing down, everybody say's it's so good, yet all I'm seeing is a hard time..

Alhimikut

Sorceror
no point to use spelweaving without 6 focus... a smapire will cost you 200kk to be more effective than tamer... so better build tamer for starting char... cant start the game with a sampire.. too expnesive... Wither will always do more dmg.. spelweaveign is quite efective not only for thunderstorm but also for resing pet and yourself and healing and doing mroe dmg with Arcane empowerment...
A sampire cna rival tamer in spawn but only when geared to the teeth..

Gorakka

Wanderer
Yeah.. so explaine to me why I witnessed a group of necro/weaver tamers, struggle at sleeping dragon? Spellweaving didn't seem worth while to me at all, if you read, I said I tried it also on test center with a 6 focus, and it was garbage still. This tamer seems like it's best used in a group, and I'm not trying to play with a group of people. I'll take my chances with the sampire regardless of the expense. Why waste time on a tamer that can't kill anything? I literally just seen a group get destroyed at the sleeping dragon spawn last night.

EDIT:

I've followed the guides, I've tested on test center with a trained greater, and on the actual shard. Even tried switching up the template, nothing seems to be doing the magic I keep hearing about this template. Anybody want to prove me wrong? Hop on a tamer and let's see some magic.

Alhimikut

Sorceror
I truly dont care what you will do :) The group you've seen were probably some unexperienced players( not to mention sleeping the dragon is literally the hardest spawn outhere so its normal to strugle if unexperienced). If i say one or 2 tamers can destroy any spawns.. that means i've done it and i know... your tests are wrong. There are tons of videos outhere for that build soloing any kind of spawn... you can check every step of the process..
Also a sampire is only good to solo neira... you will just stumble in the same problem... its not the build you are trying thats wrong.. its you.
As i have said.. i will be chaining the helloween town spawn.. you are wellcome to come and see the magic ;)

Last edited:

Alhimikut

Sorceror
As i said.. no need to prove anything to you ... after all you are the one having troubles and asking for advice... now you spit on the advice you so much asked for and state that you will do it your own way... go then have fun ;)

Alhimikut

Sorceror
No need to argue with that guy @Bama... posting videos or not is irrelevant... he apparently does not wish to learn or change...just to annoy

Alhimikut

Sorceror
I know it does... unfotuantely i cant make videos cause of computer issues... and i dont go around soloing spawns anymore.. last time i did it was a semidar in valor... took me 1 hour and 40 mins .. quite unlucky with lots of para succubus and at the end i got a lava tile... broke my heart ;)
When you make the math its better to have a buddy and do 2 3 spawns and share the arties... isntead of strugling to solo it.