UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[COMPLETE] Alonzo the Monk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digatalas

Knight
Re: [Missing Feature] Alonzo the Monk

Well I know you can dye this with a plain dye tub because every now and then I will login to SL just to take a look around and see just how dead it has become...

Before the robes were implemented correctly on SL they were dyable bye pigments... but that was fixed and pigment's robes are extremely valuable from what I can see on there.

Lucifall

Knight

Digatalas;579112 said:
Well I know you can dye this with a plain dye tub because every now and then I will login to SL just to take a look around and see just how dead it has become...

Before the robes were implemented correctly on SL they were dyable bye pigments... but that was fixed and pigment's robes are extremely valuable from what I can see on there.

SL isn't OSI like. :/

Digatalas

Knight

well it's still the same robes...

I don't know about the part where you can dye them with a plain tub being OSI like though.

In Stratics forums is not clear about... it's *sure* you can't dye/pigment monk robes or shrouds of Umbra. Otherwise, what would be the difference?

Here's a pair of links about:
http://boards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=116572
http://boards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=116676
http://boards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=117483
http://boards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=121151

In Siege Perilous apperared champ arties shrouds (i.e. Most Knowledge Person) pigmentable with Tokuno Dyes. But in production shards it isn't.. or at least it's not meant to: maybe GMs in shards did an error about, or it was for events, but looks like:
- in OSI exist pigmentable shrouds, but new shrouds that appear there should be not pigmentable
- *maybe* in Siege Perilous they are pigmentable (I suspect in UOGuide infos are taken from there, since the line just below talk about the Item Bless Deed that is a SP item only).

So, I believe we are going to follow for every shroud the road "not pigmentable - not dyeable" unless it's proven otherwise.

Last info I have got, from FoF 6 Oct 2006
http://www.uoguide.com/Five_on_Friday_-_October_6,_2006

4. Do you plan to do something about the colored shrouds that seem to be everywhere?
Aaron "Darkscribe" Cohen, Producer:
We’re getting close to implementing a solution for these shrouds. Stay tuned.

but I have found nothing among publishes from 43 to 58 :(

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

ok. All tested on OSI TC1 Test Region:

1. The monks all have randomized names.
2. The monk's clothing IS the robe.
3. Options in their drop down menu are "Open Paperdoll," "Buy," "Sell," "Train Evaluating Intelligence," "Train Resisting Spells," "Train Tactics," "Train Mace Fighting," and "Train Wrestling."
4. I couldn't find anything that the guy would actually buy.
5. I could NOT dye them with any dye tub.
6. I could insure the robe.
7. The robe costs 136gp.
8. They cannot be blessed.
9. I cannot cut the robe up with scissors. I get the message "Scissors cannot be used on that to produce anything."
10. Special dyes do not work on the robe (any tokuno dye or otherwise)

This should give you a test bed for checking on private servers before implementation.

uome

Bug Hunter

LadyCrimson;579274 said:
ok. All tested on OSI TC1 Test Region:

1. The monks all have randomized names.
2. The monk's clothing IS the robe.
3. Options in their drop down menu are "Open Paperdoll," "Buy," "Sell," "Train Evaluating Intelligence," "Train Resisting Spells," "Train Tactics," "Train Mace Fighting," and "Train Wrestling."
4. I couldn't find anything that the guy would actually buy.
5. I could NOT dye them with any dye tub.
6. I could insure the robe.
7. The robe costs 136gp.
8. They cannot be blessed.
9. I cannot cut the robe up with scissors. I get the message "Scissors cannot be used on that to produce anything."
10. Special dyes do not work on the robe (any tokuno dye or otherwise)

This should give you a test bed for checking on private servers before implementation.
I didn't check with scissors and the price would be slightly off but appart from that everthing on your list checks out against what i tested on theis new version.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Oh - and the only item that was sold is the robe. No other items.

The buy thing means that he doesn't buy the robe back either :) I tried.

so this tells me the price needs modified and that testing needs to happen with scissors or when the price is fixed the coder can check to make sure they have a line in there to prevent the robe from being cut up.

uome

Bug Hunter

LadyCrimson;579274 said:
I cannot cut the robe up with scissors. I get the message "Scissors cannot be used on that to produce anything."
Same results here on my tc.
So only the price needs changing.

emoooo

Sorceror

Posted a new patch, the robe cost is changed to 136 gp. The robes were already uncuttable so I didn't have to changed that. Again the hue is not exactly the same as OSI, if someone can get that please post it.

checked in OSI and interpreted packets :)
The exact hue is 542 (0x021E)

Code:
13.24.53.3906: Server -> Client 0x1A (Length: 16)
        0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7   8  9  A  B  C  D  E  F
       -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --  -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
0000   1A 00 10 40 AD 68 C4 26  87 02 7C 83 71 00 [COLOR=Red]02 1E[/COLOR]   [email protected].&..|.q...

LadyCrimson;581598 said:
Daed - you just helped me interpret the packet better. Thanks!

... and to say I was about to PMing you about it. Ok, I'll PM you anyway...

edit: just to notice, emoooo guessed 0x021D. Nice eye emoooo, you got really close :)

uome

Bug Hunter

I've looked at this again this week and it all looks good. I don't think i need to test a hue change so as soon as thats done i think we can mark this as ready :)

I just checked the new hue on an old robe to be sure and it looks good but i think you mean 0x21E not 0x021E, ;)

uome;581625 said:
I just checked the new hue on an old robe to be sure and it looks good but i think you mean 0x21E not 0x021E, ;)

I believe it's the same, but for safety I have reported the full value :)

psz

Administrator

You still need to get SpyUO working, LC...

MUCH easier to handle stuff when it looks like this:

# Elven Plate Gorget
Static 0x2B69 (Hue=0x455)
1433 1694 0

psz;582618 said:
You still need to get SpyUO working, LC...

MUCH easier to handle stuff when it looks like this:

yes, but for a strange reason it won't work on me. I have errors about "findaddr.dll", despite I have installed all of VC8 runtimes.

So... I can only use the razor packet logger now :cool:

considering also this:
emoooo;578593 said:
SpyUO tells me it should be 0x102 but that appeared green when I tested it, so I picked a hue that looks like on OSI. If someone gets the correct hue, lemme know, I'll change it.

I prefer to read at packets manually :cool:
I use this to orientate myself: http://kec.cz/tartaros/steamengine/uploads/Keirs packet guide/www.kairtech.com/uo/info/

psz

Administrator

A packet's a packet. Doesn't really matter WHAT reads it.

And remember: Hue 102 is not the same as 0x102 ;->

SpyUO's export feature only distills the info and puts it in a format that [decorate (or [decorate-mag or similar commands) can read natively.

Makes for decoration LARGE areas much MUCH easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.