UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Spam counterattack? UOS.

Nordon

Sorceror
Is there a way to check if conterattack has triggered? Or any way to check if the buff is active?
So far, I've seen nothing in my journal and I don't know of any other way to check if some of the skills are triggered.

Anyone with advice?

Indika

Sorceror
Is there a way to check if conterattack has triggered?
Journal and system message, other than that the icon.

Or any way to check if the buff is active?
Icon from spellbook.

Counter Attack with Steam has been very eluding. I've tried it a couple different ways with scanning journal as well as setting timers and other conditions (I made it cast after consecrate, everytime). But after trial and error and an extreme amount of effort, its not worth it to set Steam to watch Counter Attack for you. It either creates too much spam, latency, or wastes too much mana overcasting.

I mean think about it, unless you are at a champ spawn, it really doesn't proc that often to where you would need to spam counter attack. Yes it's still important to keep up, but let's face it, most things you would go hands-free against, you don't necessarily need counter attack to kill anyway.

So to have one good attack loop macro (set in steam as a macro), and to have Counter Attack hotkeyed separately (set in steam as a Hotkey*), is probably the most efficient way to do it. you can have your loop do virtually everything else including drink potions and eat apples. so there is absolutely no shame in having to use 2 buttons instead of 1. (or if your farming gold, just forget about CA as it's really not necessary anyway)

*Make note that your attack loop it set as a macro, and Counter Attack literally is hotkeyed under the Hotkeys Section of steam. Do not set Counter Attack as a macro. That way you do not interrupt your attack loop macro every time you need to cast counter attack ;)

Hope this helps...

Nordon

Sorceror
Thanks dude, I am currently using this exact setup - got this sweet scorp UBWS leafblade - Scrop slayer, 40 HML 40 HSL and I have everything in one macro and then a separate button to cast coutnerattack.
Wish there was a way to check if it's active (monitor the spellbook icon) so I could play with just one button. :D

Thanks and cheers!

c0d3r

Traveler
idk much about counter attack but you can try:
Code:
@clearjournal
if mana >= 5
  cast 'counter attack'
  waitforjournal 'respond immediately' 1500 'system'
  if @injournal 'respond immediately' 'system'
    waitforjournal 'normal stance' 31500 'system'
  elseif @injournal 'weapon or a shield' 'system'
    stop
  endif
endif
mark the loop checkbox

c0d3r

Traveler
according to the script there is :x, again idk much about that spell in-game and I've not tested that macro, just coded from what I saw on the counter attack script, not sure if this works

ps: nvm, it is just a timeout message :( in that case if you sucessfully block and it gets disabled it won't reach that timeout

Last edited:

Indika

Sorceror
yeah I can make steam do that too but there is no system message for a successful counter attack.

there is a system message for return to normal stance, and when you activate Counter Attack but nothing when it actually successfully procs off. the only way it'd probably be possible is with easyuo.