UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

I want to make a trammel character, what's the best template for making money and slaying monsters?

Maloskies

Squire
A few things to note:
I am going to purchase a skill ball (possible soul-stone some crafting skills over since some skills are easier to train than others)
I would prefer a Tamer if it is possible to make some cash
If not, a crafter would be awesome (would have to be self sufficient)
If not a crafter or tamer, then an Archer would be the next best thing.
I am poor
I'm not starting from scratch, but it is pretty close.

madwhite

Sorceror
I think the most popular and successful template for starting is necromage. throw in taming and your set.
get a few slayer spellbooks and some ps and your very well off.

chiv bushido archer tamers are real helpful too, but you pretty much need that 120 archery to hit everytime for the luck boost bushido gives.

kobra89pl

Sorceror

my proposition:whistle:

silvertiger

Knight
I would prefer a Tamer if it is possible to make some cash
If not, a crafter would be awesome (would have to be self sufficient)
If not a crafter or tamer, then an Archer would be the next best thing.
Skill balls are awesome! You can have all three of these statements... Create the character as an elf, so you can tame cu's...
What I did on the skillball:
100 Taming
100 Smithy
100 Tailor
100 Bushido
100 Bowcraft
100 x 2: Something else... you get the idea.

I maybe should have gotten 100 carpentry and 100 tinkering, but I didn't. Soulstone skills onto different characters. I tried to get skills that were harder to train. Maybe should have gotten poisoning as well... Oh well... The possibilities are endless. Just use the skillball wisely. It's 700 free points, so don't waste it on skills that are free and super easy to train.

madwhite

Sorceror
If I had to start fresh again and had a skillball I would buy a soulstone too and create a guy with gm poison, taming, carpentry, bs, tailor, bush, maybe alchemy

Swap skills to diff charcters
The rest are easy enough to macro cept maybe ninja.

Honestly starting necro tamer mage is probably best way to get started if you don't want to do the whole BOD grind.

Taming, Lore, Vet, Mage, eval, Necro, SS.

All you really need is lrc, 2/6 and your pet to tank and you can pretty much take down anything once you are able to get the stronger pets.

I started out farming out yomotsus to get some insurance and some basic items. Then moved up to bloods, then gauntlet, in combination with doing bods. The nice thing about Demise now days is that with horned runics you can pretty much make even a high end pvp suit [You have to throw in high end arties as well for them broken mods ;)]

Honiahaka

Sorceror
asking for a good pvm build is of course going to get people saying tamer.. Here are some other good options.

Bard/Mage
Bard/Archer
Spellweaver/Mage
chiv/archer
necro/warrior (optional bushido)

You don't have to have top end gear to make any of these builds work good. The only thing I'd add is you'll want to get faster casting and cast recovery items or jewels if you plan on doing magery or chiv.

MMMartin

Squire
like title say...
making money

so best way is make 0.1 skills BS and TAILOR :) gather bods :) and selling

suit COST 0 GP, skill cost 2GP... :) and after just book for bods cost 500gp-1K gold :)

WTF dont need even skillBALLS :) , and all is in LUNA TRAMEL!!!!! this tramel char is BEST

Honiahaka

Sorceror
Like MMMartin said,. that's is the best way to make money. Make sure your character is an Elf though. The bods are more consistent with low cost crafts.
I played the reset bod collecting game for a while. Every hour logging in with multiple characters. It gets tedious and boring real quick. I wouldn't suggest it for anyone other then a brand new person to demise who is looking to gear a character.
Don't setup a macro to collect bods while you are afk. That is the fast road to getting banned.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
I don't understand people skillballing Blacksmith and Tailoring.

Certainly it does cost a bit of money to train them, but it's quite negligeable when you compare it to the value of a skillball.

Trained as a first skill from 50, blacksmith will take you 20-30k ingots at most to get it up to 120, and it'll be done in a day. There is no delay in training it.

I would clearly skillball tactics before any of those two skills just because tactics takes longer.

Poisoning, Cartography, Taming, Inscribe, Bushido, those are alright to skill ball imho.

Also Forensic Evaluation, that's an unpleasant skill to train ;)

Maloskies

Squire
Thank you for the suggestions. I have a 7x GM I made over a year go, so I have Vet rewards to use (most likely just soulstones), and I will keep all of your suggestions in mind and see what I can some up with, with my 7x GM, soulstones, and a fresh skillball.

silvertiger

Knight
I don't understand people skillballing Blacksmith and Tailoring.

Certainly it does cost a bit of money to train them, but it's quite negligeable when you compare it to the value of a skillball.

Trained as a first skill from 50, blacksmith will take you 20-30k ingots at most to get it up to 120, and it'll be done in a day. There is no delay in training it.

I would clearly skillball tactics before any of those two skills just because tactics takes longer.

Poisoning, Cartography, Taming, Inscribe, Bushido, those are alright to skill ball imho.

Also Forensic Evaluation, that's an unpleasant skill to train ;)
5k ingots from 100 -120 trains in less than an hour... could be 7th skill.:)

MMMartin

Squire
yea, i agree :) best way use skill ball :) BS, TAILOR, TINKERING, CARPENTRY, BOWCRAFT... :)

well if players cant make 5K ingots or buy them... so why need BS (same for others crafting skills) ??? if want be craft and make bods... need at last 1KK ingots for BODS RESETS :)

MMMartin

Squire
just for info :) if want train tailoring... so need only clother... about 30K... mean 2gp is one at felucia value and posible buy them massive... just make 75 skill+- and after oil clother crafting 75 - 100 :), after satyr trick 100-120 too oil clother :) well skill what cost 60K at all (too get bonus bandage :) for train veterinary :)) (ah skill ball will make just 100 skill...)

y crafting skills are just waste for skillball...