UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Blessed Combat Gear?

Should we remove the blessed tag from all combat gear?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Look - all in all Hybrid's PVP system is not terrible... a lot of people are whining and complaining that it sucks and that's not true at all. Hybrid's PVP is top notch but the recent events have unfortunately itemized PVP. I don't think there's any disputing that.

In my humblest of opinions blessed combat gear is not really different than item insurance in AOS.

What I'm proposing is to level the playing field once and for all.

Unbless all of it.

No more faction blessed weapons or armor, no more blessed armor, no more blessed weapons none of it.

If it's BaseArmor or BaseWeapon it cannot be blessed period. Let's bring this full circle because 5 to 7 years ago when Hybrid was in it's prime this shit wasn't an issue... because it wasn't here or wasn't so prevalent. If we level the playing field, remove this glorious itemization of the combat gear and just let players play the game.

I'm of the opinion that players dont need trinkets to entice them when it comes to combat they simply need a good, level and balanced playing field that will allow them to "go at it". To me, unblessing it all and making it all loot able is the first step to doing that.

There's no middle ground - either you're for it or you're against it.

This poll is not scientific and this poll will not determine the outcome, this is simply to get a player base opinion.

Cossi

Traveler
Hello Ryan, I have a question: this will involve also the handouts combat gear, like the princesse warrior and wonderwoman armors?

Thanks!

Cossi

Traveler
Uh ok, so the same for the Boba's object?
Also the quiver and the katniss bow are considered gear to unbless?

Those who said Hybrid's pvp was terrible obviously have never played other servers.. Hybrid has always had the best PvP of any server around, and can not be compare to any other UO server. Yes, there have been a couple mistakes but I assure you the PvP here is better than any other..

Now if they would just remove bola's people could go back to PvPing like normal.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
If we level the playing field, remove this glorious itemization of the combat gear and just let players play the game. I'm of the opinion that players dont need trinkets to entice them when it comes to combat they simply need a good, level and balanced playing field that will allow them to "go at it".
#preach
#OckhamsRazor

Are people using halloween costumes to PvP in? I had no idea.
I use firefighter suit in fire dungeon, its not very successful.

Instead of "Unblessing" everything, how about that all blessed PVP gear provides 0 AR?

People get to keep their blessed shineys, but they become useless in PvP except to PvP with style! ;)
It would probably require more work, but this sounds plausible as long as players can make the distinction that it holds no pvp value outside of the word spreading amongst players. There are quite a few items that give stats that are blessed, helm of insights and lucky leprechaun caps come to mind.

I don't use my armor for pvp but i remember Ryan stating about a year ago in a thread that hybrid armor would not be unblessed due to being such low numbers. Now sadly it seems like hes going back on his word. All the emblems i bought wasted lol.

I agree completely. It would be great if Ryan focused his efforts on ways to improve the server that don't involve game balance. Over the course of less than three months, Ryan has swung from the opinion that all runics should be blessable -- and even adding more ways to bless weaponry -- to unblessing everything. This is the epitome of being out of touch.
It was a mistake to bless any pvp items. It's time to reverse that. Notice how 80% of the poll voters are in favor of removing blessed pvp gear? We'll see how it continue to plays out; but ultimately blessed pvp items are terrible game play and need to be removed and hopefully this is what will happen.

marley

Sorceror
Best propostion ive heard yet ryan.

OK. So, when i first came back maybe 5 or 6 months ago. i was running around in del and what do you know. the trash talking little dweeb genocide pete is running around on one of his alts. Wielding a val war hammer. Yay! so, naturally, i put him down like a dog. stun pot wand yada yada. i have a big grin on my face. new val war hammer in my pocket. figure, hey, daddy just put in alot of work. better loot some pots, so i can go put in some more. next thing i know genocide pete rolls up on his theif and recovers the warhammer i pryed out of his cold dead hands.

Now ill admit this sucked for me. But this is how UO is supposed to be.

When i put you down. i get your belongings. end of disscusion.

P.s. wands are a joke, remove them immediatley

joharrison

Squire
Lets look at this seriously and objectively. Warriors currently have blessed items. Ok, a warrior needs items to fight. Mages have no blessed items of significance. Mages only need regs to fight. I am confused.... So if I want to play a dexxer I have to get all this equipment and when I die I will lose everything.... but if I am a mage I just lose regs... which cost darn near nothing. Am I the only one that see's this as comical? Does that mean mages are going to lose spell books? Not that it matters since they also cost nothing. The real issue here is Mages crying about blessed weapons but, their weapon is blessed. If PVP is that unbalanced why don't we look at weapon damage? Blessed armor has nothing to do with the main issues here. Unblessing everything doesn't fix anything. It just does that, unblesses everything. Another comical issue is, what affect does blessed armor have on a mage? magical damage is not mitigated.... So once again, am I the only one who is confused?

Let me see if I understand this logic. A small number of warriors possess a suit of armor that makes them more effective against other warriors. Because of this, mages feel left out. Therefore, the solution is to give mages access to an item that makes mages better against warriors?

You rely on OP weaponry to compete because you only know how to play that one template. Any decent alchy dexxer on the server can play your template.

If dexxers are able to kill a mage with one shot then mages should have a spell that we can cast and kill you in one shot. Fair is fair right?

Make it competetive is all I'm saying. I dont think the staff ever anticipated people were going to actually obtain so many hybrid peices in the first place. Making valorites blessable was just poor decision making by a staff that doesnt pvp regularly. I think it needs to be corrected and apparently 80% of the people that have participated in this poll agree with me.

qBz3hwB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.