UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

The Bard

Brumak

Traveler
Ok so I've heard a lot of people say that a bard/bard tamer can be very useful and very effective so I'm just wondering what kind of templates are used and also if just barding what kind of skillcap is best.

So should I just go to 115 Music and no higher? Is there any point in going above 115 in any of the barding skills or is 120 for all the way to go?

Brumak

Traveler
Sounds good, might have to try it out, I got 120 Taming and 115 Lore atm so I'll be gutted about lowering those but in the end it might be worth it.

Most things worth barding will require 120music/120barding skill. Peace is popular with brand new tamer for the purpose of taming tougher pets. IMO its not worth the skill investment, peace breaks to quickly using on targets your dealing damage to.

Discord is the most used, when the delay was corrected from 1 second the number of people using it dropped significantly. Even with slayer instrument and 120/120 it could still take 30 seconds or more to apply discord on 160 difficulty monsters so its most reliable on high hp monsters.

Provoke is probably the least used, I used it on a necro mage to farm some ML monsters when they first hit the server. Its a bit of a specialized skill, most people prefer to just hide behind a greater dragons as they can tank just about anything.

The most common bard build would be the disco/tamer
taming
lore
vet
magery
music
discord

If you hunt in a group a build like this could be viable.(dexxer)
120 Music
120 Discord/provoke
120 Weapon Skill
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
60 Chiv
100 Spiritspeak

Im a advocate of wraith form, weapons are cheaper and single target dps is higher. But you could mix and match anatomy, spiritspeak, bushido, or necro to what ever fits your play style more.

Again if you hunt in a group this one could be viable.(mage)
120 Music
120 Discord/provoke
110 Magery
115 Eval
55 neco(+5 from bloodwood)
104 spiritspeak+10 from bloodwood)
96 spellweaving

discord + corpse and arcane empowerment + fb spam gives a large amount of dps.

SelectThis

Sorceror
One of my fav templates is: Archer Tamer Disco Bard

Disco 120
Music 120
Animal Lore 105
Animal Taming 105
Tactics 100
Archery 100 (120 with Hunter's Headdress)
Chivalry 70

Using a Cu Sidhe