UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Faction Suggestions Poll!

Should Factions Be Updated With These Changes?

• Total voters

White Lotus

Sorceror
So with all the updates I figure I'd offer some ideas for factions!

There has been alot of faction action recently so i figure this would be the perfect time for this poll

They are as followed.
1:) One faction per IP

How it works: You can only join one faction per IP meaning if your True Brit your True Brit on all your accounts.

pros:
- No More Point Farming
- Loyalty to the faction you join

2:) Release the new bases

How it works: Ryan made 2 new faction bases that are already built and ready to use. This would remove all factions beside TB and create 2 NEW factions in Trinsic and Serpents hold. This would reduce the number of factions you can join down to 3.

pros:
- 1 less faction = more people in the 3 factions = more pvp
- They are already built(in brit, serpents hold, and trinsic)
- Since all the new bases are in towns defending would be fair(meaning no base is cheaper to defend then any other.)
- Gives a reason for people to be in Serps or Trinsic.

3:) New Point System+Faction Reward System

How it works: If the one faction per IP rule was implemented then it would give meaning to points again.
Make 1 kill worth 1 point and 1 death(excluding stat loss res kills) worth -2 points. This way people cant build up points legit and they will actually mean something. With one faction per IP point farming would become nearly impossible or at the very least pointless(bad joke). Anyway you could then make a vendor at all the bases for that faction with items you can "Spend" your points on.

pros:
- Promotes PvP and rewards the "good pvper." It gives people who arn't the best at pvp a reason to improve if their is rewards for them to strive for.
- People with high points actually can have legit bragging rights
- Bank sitters will join factions for a chance at some pixels :D

4:) Sig Changes

How it works: First make the time it takes to cap a sig down from 8 hours to 4 hours. Hardly anyone has the time to sit here for 8 hours to guard sigs all day(or night).

Next make a sig capable per day. Since there are 8 sig you can have a sig that is capable everyday of the week(With the leftover sig capable anytime).

Make placing the sig on your base(and the towns post) worth 1 point but if you die with the sig on you, you -3 points. HOWEVER limit this to once every 4 hours(length of cap.) This would prevent deals being made to farm points from capping sigs back and forth between groups.

pros:
- The lower cap time allows for more even chance of gaining a town.
- The one sig a day allows for towns to be evenly distributed
- The one sig a day gives a reason to pvp everyday
- The points for capping a sig allows for less skilled pvpers to have a way to gain points.
- Sig capping being worth points allows for more drive to cap the sigs.

KalivDIESEL

Sorceror
Ghost I actually love your ideas.. I wasn't aware people point farm anymore.. Im not sure about only 1 point per kill... I think if someone kills me they deserve the 40 plus points i give out tbh... Whether it be a gank or my own stupid mess ups..I know I have over 400 points but they are all legit.. I wouldn't mind a faction reset ill have them back ina week =).. As for 3 factions that would be cool... And I def like the idea of if your in one faction you cant join another.. Very nice. +1

KalivDIESEL

Sorceror
Oh the only thing I disagree on is the Sigil capping! Because since forever its always been 8 hours.. It would be to easy to sit their for 4 hours.. 8 hours gives enough time for a group to finally get together and take back the sigils.. For example : Sl the other night had traps/ afk ebolt turreters and pvpers in the base.. IT takes time to remove the traps, kill the afk turreters then kill the actual sl that house hide next to the base..

KalivDIESEL

Sorceror
New Factions: Soul Renderers : Faction number 2: Revenge of the ancients. I unno it would be easy to come up with 2 cool names...

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
So with all the updates I figure I'd offer some ideas for factions!

There has been alot of faction action recently so i figure this would be the perfect time for this poll

They are as followed.
1:) One faction per IP

How it works: You can only join one faction per IP meaning if your True Brit your True Brit on all your accounts.

pros:
- No More Point Farming
- Loyalty to the faction you join

2:) Release the new bases

How it works: Ryan made 2 new faction bases that are already built and ready to use. This would remove all factions beside TB and create 2 NEW factions in Trinsic and Serpents hold. This would reduce the number of factions you can join down to 3.

pros:
- 1 less faction = more people in the 3 factions = more pvp
- They are already built(in brit, serpents hold, and trinsic)
- Since all the new bases are in towns defending would be fair(meaning no base is cheaper to defend then any other.)
- Gives a reason for people to be in Serps or Trinsic.

3:) New Point System+Faction Reward System

How it works: If the one faction per IP rule was implemented then it would give meaning to points again.
Make 1 kill worth 1 point and 1 death(excluding stat loss res kills) worth -2 points. This way people cant build up points legit and they will actually mean something. With one faction per IP point farming would become nearly impossible or at the very least pointless(bad joke). Anyway you could then make a vendor at all the bases for that faction with items you can "Spend" your points on.

pros:
- Promotes PvP and rewards the "good pvper." It gives people who arn't the best at pvp a reason to improve if their is rewards for them to strive for.
- People with high points actually can have legit bragging rights
- Bank sitters will join factions for a chance at some pixels :D

4:) Sig Changes

How it works: First make the time it takes to cap a sig down from 8 hours to 4 hours. Hardly anyone has the time to sit here for 8 hours to guard sigs all day(or night).

Next make a sig capable per day. Since there are 8 sig you can have a sig that is capable everyday of the week(With the leftover sig capable anytime).

Make placing the sig on your base(and the towns post) worth 1 point but if you die with the sig on you, you -3 points. HOWEVER limit this to once every 4 hours(length of cap.) This would prevent deals being made to farm points from capping sigs back and forth between groups.

pros:
- The lower cap time allows for more even chance of gaining a town.
- The one sig a day allows for towns to be evenly distributed
- The one sig a day gives a reason to pvp everyday
- The points for capping a sig allows for less skilled pvpers to have a way to gain points.
- Sig capping being worth points allows for more drive to cap the sigs.

no
yes
no
no

just let factions die out once and for all.

for fun take out red status and murder count and let blues kill other blues while only turning grey for the regular timer. That way everybody can kill everybody and there is none of this useless red status or faction loyalties. People just wanna kill people, let em do it and let every body participate without having to have so many different characters to prevent their main from going red.

Guards can still affect greys as usual. And this way promotes players to actually interact with each other rather than blatant colors. Remembering who is a murderer and who is actually a trammy is a lot more intriguing than by going off of colors.

And if it were me i'd only allow players 1 account per ip. And as many houses as the player decides with an exponential IDOC decay timer. The more houses one has, the faster they decay.

but meh; its only change.

White Lotus

Sorceror
I would like to add 3 minor changes. One of which never got fixed that was getting fixed before.

1.) FIX BOLAS . Wasn't the remounting supposed to be fixed so its instant? Or you were supposed to not be able to chain bola people. Or auto remount after throwing the bola?
2.) Make it so if you attack a factioner on a blue you go grey to everyone. This prevents factions from fighting outside the base on their blues and using cheap tactics.
3.) Remove faction guards OR make it so at the very least you cannot trap them in one spot.

White Lotus

Sorceror
Also reduce the cost of the swamp dragon to be summoned at the ranger down from 450k to the same as the beetle OR give the swampy some sorta advantage and reason why it should cost so much to ride.

White Lotus

Sorceror
ANOTHER EASY CHANGE - Make it so you can cast teleport inside faction bases. there is literally no reason why you shouldn't be able to teleport.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
I would like to add 3 minor changes. One of which never got fixed that was getting fixed before.

1.) FIX BOLAS . Wasn't the remounting supposed to be fixed so its instant? Or you were supposed to not be able to chain bola people. Or auto remount after throwing the bola?
2.) Make it so if you attack a factioner on a blue you go grey to everyone. This prevents factions from fighting outside the base on their blues and using cheap tactics.
3.) Remove faction guards OR make it so at the very least you cannot trap them in one spot.

Also reduce the cost of the swamp dragon to be summoned at the ranger down from 450k to the same as the beetle OR give the swampy some sorta advantage and reason why it should cost so much to ride.

ANOTHER EASY CHANGE - Make it so you can cast teleport inside faction bases. there is literally no reason why you shouldn't be able to teleport.

yes, increase weight
no
no
no
yes

you are a terrible shot with buckshot, try slugs.

amtothepm

Knight
sexy suggestions, can't swamp dragons wear armor? I think that's reason enough why they should be more

expensive than say a beetle or a horse.