UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Does it make sense for the effectiveness of wands to be tied to the user's magery level?

Vizeroth

Sorceror
I doubt many would argue that the most powerful templates on this shard utilize magery in some fashion, so I question whether it's best to link wands to this nearly ubiquitous skill, pushing them even further ahead in power. Shouldn't all templates have access to these utility items? If not, why?

amtothepm

Knight
I doubt many would argue that the most powerful templates on this shard utilize magery in some fashion, so I question whether it's best to link wands to this nearly ubiquitous skill, pushing them even further ahead in power. Shouldn't all templates have access to these utility items? If not, why?
I don't know that they are linked to one's skill in magery, though.

Everyone should shoot with the same accuracy with bows.

Everyone should be able to swing a longsword or warfork with a warriors accuracy.

Greater heal and lighting are not utility spells, they are mage spells.

The only thing that would come from this unthoughtful suggestion would be alchy-lumberjacks with 20 wands on them. Pot/ lightwand/pot/lightwand and then once he's done with that is pull out an axe.

I don't know that they are linked to one's skill in magery, though.

The offensive spells are linked to eval alone. The beneficial spells are linked to magery alone.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
And how many lumberjacks do you see around AT ALL? Lumberjacks aren't viable because they pale in comparison to other melee templates due to the defensive powers that Magery provides. They should be allowed to use GHeal wands.