UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Demons Gear - My adventure with BODs

Indika

Sorceror
Hello Demise! Some of you might know me, others I might just be another name on our forums. My main character is an archer named Indika, and my sampire Sativah. I started my adventure with BODs Febuary 12th, 2013 and today is May 10th, 2013. I took 2 solid weeks off for a vacation to Florida and another week off while remaining active in game(bods will ruin ur relationship to ur GF :p ). So minus 3 weeks I've pretty much been filling bods since Feb 12th.

http://www.towerofroses.de/bods-lrw.htm

I started off with 33 Reset Bod books, and acquired another 8 from a friend along the road, so the number of initial bod books is 41... I think I overdid it but I have never done bods in 10+ years of playing the game and I really wanted some good weapons.

In the beginning when I was recycling iron I was filling the 20x weapon Lbods(mace, axe, sword). I made hundred's of shadow hammers but I noticed the work wasn't going away and my girlfriend wasn't getting any happier with the fact I was showing more attention to the game than her. Once I made about 250 shadow hammers with these I decided the smalls were enough (there are small bods that turn in directly for a hammer) that I would be alright on shadow hammers for now... Keep in mind I am slightly OCD >.<

I began to throw away all the Large irons I wasn't going to need, and I actually ended up throwing away too many. Now I have about 40 more copper hammers in smalls that need Larges (20x Iron Plate). My friend has 100's of these Lbods so I know with my resources I'll get them sorted out and filled, but if I could go back I would've been more careful to not throw away so many of these Lbods, I really just thought I had enough. This is the only LBod that I need right now and its one of the easiest to get, but I had them at one point but after handling so many items it made sense to me to throw them away at the time.

Here's the math 41 books at 500 bods each is 20,500 initial resets. I recycled this down to about 300~ iron resets. I started to count 20x weapons as resets after a while because I was just handling so many items I had to start getting rid of iron bods and move on with the project because I really had had enough.

Something funny I realized, I feel like certain armor types (helms particularly) are very hard bods to get. Something I was disappointed with when I saw was I ended up with 8 of the same agapite hammer small (20x Agapite Plate Gorget). But with all the bods I have now I can probably trade bods for the rest of my gaming experience and fill these remaining hammers.

Now your probably wondering about progress, or was it worth it in the end. Well, I haven't burned my hammers yet I am still working on getting them all locked down on my floor. I have a LOT of trading to do, and will be putting my post up on forums in a few days or so. My goal is NOT to sell my hammers but I will be burning them and making weapons out of virtually every hammer I get. I wasn't expecting this from the get-go but I actually got a Verite Hammer and I am 2 smalls away from a Valorite. I don't think I will burn these hammers, I could be wrong, time will only tell with those, for now I want to get through the burn before I decide what to do with the big hammers. But I will break down my rough progress:

This is what I have locked down on my floor right now, not including whats left over in bod form:

PoF: 400+++++ (I have 300 filled atm, got a book full of smalls, I stopped filling these cuz I need to keep my ingots for hammers. But I have PoF coming out of my ears now)
Shadow Hammers: 476+ (I stopped at 476 but I have way more in smalls that I could fill, I don't know if I will be filling them or not, maybe eventually)
Copper Hammers: 186+ (Again, I need some lbods for these and I have a few left over but it was really time to move on)
Bronze Hammers: 91+ (I will be doing some trading soon :p)
Gold Hammers: 14+ (Current amount, I need to trade)
Agapite Hammers: 4+ (Looking for trades!!)
Verite Hammer: 1 (>.>")
Valorite Hammer: 5/7

Key Notes from my experience that might be helpful to you if you wish to embark on an adventure like this with bods:

-My Personal opinion is DONT START WITH SO MANY. It can get very overwhelming quickly and definitely did. I wanted to quit so many times but I had so much wrapped up into it I couldn't.

-USE ORGANIZER AGENT!!! I was showed this about 3/4's through the process towards the end how to set up organizer agent with razor and I feel like if i had this knowledge from the beginning I would've saved atleast a week or two in time.

-Level your smith filling bods!! You can atleast go to 110 by filling/refilling resets. I didn't level my smith up before doing bods. I began with 50 smithing and went up by filling bods.

-Get a talisman. A good one. 20+ exceptional is the best idea. These will save you on a lot of ingots.

-Fill your 10-15 ash hammers as you go! These were so invaluable to me over the process. But yes FILL YOUR 10-15 ASH HAMMERS AS U GO AND TURN THEM IN!!

-THROW AWAY 15x IRON PLATEMAIL AS U GO! These bods waste a lot of ingots, suck for hammer, suck for reset. Just throw them away and save your ingots.

-Throw away iron larges as you go!! But keep your 10x Plate and 20x Plate larges for hammers :p

-If you decide to fill 20x weapon bods, get to a good number then quit. I would probably STILL be doing these if I hadn't decided to stop sooner. They are good to fill for a while, but just start using them as resets

-GET 100 EMPTY BOD BOOKS!!! "Bronze smalls", "Filled bronze smalls", "Bronze smalls for hammers", "New Bronze Bods". These are the names of my bronze books, you get the picture, you will need a LOT of bod books!! I made a bunch and just threw them away as I finished them to keep the number of items down.

-Get runebooks for all the tinkers/blacksmiths in the game. Tram and Fel. Carry a bag of sending while you recall from spot to spot to save on time. Buy your own iron ingots, or mine if your much braver than me. I just bought most of my ingots. I farmed orc brutes and shadow ele's for my shadow ingots on my sampire. I started mining carts but never kept up with them.

-Have your friends help you buy iron ingots from vendors! A special thanks will be at the bottom of this thread*

-Have ATLEAST ONE 18x18 for a Bod house. I made a cake house (4-walls and a roof) and made a bunch of secures on the floor. I ended up at one point having to use my tower to hold bods aswell as it just got to be so many.

-I will make more points as I think of them but this kinda wraps it up

*Special Thanks!!*
I would NOT have been able to finish this adventure had it not be for these fine gamers:

Bulletproof Monk of GOLD
Phil of GOLD
Davon of GOLD
Chris of GOLD
Drevid of GOLD
Lady Jessica of GOLD
Savage Bunny of GOLD
Belldandy of GOLD
Smurf of KOTR
Gilks of [+]
Wolf Mother of Wolf
Endity
Les Stroud
Phoolan
Ody the Mule of Pook
Kasane of Pook
JusSmithin of Pook
Animosity of Hz
Sercan of Hz
Drake of Barcode
Brandon of Barcode
Tanis Half-Elven of D*A

jzemn

Squire
hehe, nice writing it all down. And i thought that getting runics like valorite and verite is pretty impossible.

Indika

Sorceror
hehe, nice writing it all down. And i thought that getting runics like valorite and verite is pretty impossible.
thanks for the reply!! I am going to add to this post definitely and maybe make it into more of a guide for people wanting help to do bods. I got a verite hammer without any trading whatsoever

jzemn

Squire
yeah that would be helpful. I think some nice statistics would be nice, but i guess its all pretty random.

Indika

Sorceror
Update!! :

Well I am kinda actually embarrassed by this. As I stated in my first post this is my first time doing bods and I was unaware about non-exceptional Large bods and filling them. So after I burn through these hammers and take a short break from bods I am going to refill these Lbods and update my original post with the actual number of hammers gotten

Back to the proverbial drawing board!! >.<"

Ilikered

Sorceror
If u ask me - > i throw away exp bods from iron, exp from dull (pofs ones ), exps for shadow / copper hamers , etc. On the long run u just dont have time for: wife, home, pvp, champs, sleep and work :p

Best way is just to buy normals burn , sell bronze / gold runics ( if u dont have char that can use weapons ), throw away exp and other and so on.

GL with burning down runics ( i personally burned Verite to axes and then radiants and it was shit ).

Indika

Sorceror
If u ask me - > i throw away exp bods from iron, exp from dull (pofs ones ), exps for shadow / copper hamers , etc. On the long run u just dont have time for: wife, home, pvp, champs, sleep and work :p

Best way is just to buy normals burn , sell bronze / gold runics ( if u dont have char that can use weapons ), throw away exp and other and so on.

GL with burning down runics ( i personally burned Verite to axes and then radiants and it was shit ).

Yes hehe I wanted a lot of shadow hammers so I filled them for a bit but I agree should just use them for resets after a certain point :p

Indika

Sorceror
my best advice about iron ingots is to try to stock pile infinity :p I never allow myself to run out of iron since I am still doing bods

Reactions: jze

MMMartin

Squire
... my advice, write script mining after mining and crafting same time are you will not lacking ingots...
+++ make some colors ingots for future or selling them like me ...

if out ingots, start tailor bods, i just wait for miner make some 30K+, after contnue BS bods :)

whatever i m not like indika, i like testing script and make all maxed efective... too boring sorting bods... i doing all ... colors, plain or platemail for me no diferents... frst come... frst done*:anime:, but maybe i will take exemple and sorting playemail off... it really take much ingots*