UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[Red] vs [BLCK] Battle for Isle Of The Divide 5/12 3:30 PM EDT

Frasier

Sorceror
[Red] vs [BLCK] Battle for Isle Of The Divide 5/12 3:30 PM EDT

On the other side of the gate Orcs meet strange men, druids, who do not speak Orcs language.
However they give Orcs a parchment which shows that there are more secrets in the South.
There is also another gate to the mainland where some Crusaders set up for an ambush....

Sunday at 3:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time (Begin gathering on top of Luna east wall at 3:00)

Current rules of Battle:
No - Reskill, Looting, Mounts, Summons, Loot/Magic items*, Artifacts, Runics, Mod Books/Jewelry
Only - Lesser potions, Lesser poison (weapons) and "GM" crafted items

Deathrobes:
- Wearing deathrobe, you will be safe while recovering your corpse.
- On picking up your corpse, you will be safe if you remain standing on your bones.

Disallowed Skills:
Taming, Ninjitsu, Bushido, Necromancy, Chivalry, Stealth, Spellweaving, Stealing

* Ignore mods: Spell Channeling, Faster Casting -1, Damage Increase 40% and under, Night Sight, Luck, Slayer, Lower Requirements, Damage Type, Hit Dispel, Self Repair, Balanced.

Joining [Red] vs [BLCK]:
If you would like to join Red Crusaders PM Frasier, for Black Orcs PM Two Wolves or find any [Red], [BLCK] members or appear property dressed before the start time of a battle event.

Frasier

Sorceror
Crusaders ambush failed badly and it turned into slaughter of Crusaders.
Orcs managed to fight in a tight group among hostile scorpions in the area.
Well done Orcs :)

Two Wolves

Knight
Usually we set the victory conditions for a number of kills roughly amounting to five per player per team. For some reason I also like to use an odd number. This battle started out 4v5 set for 21 kills, then a late joiner made it 5v5.

Despite the strong turnout, it was a short one but it was intense. Or maybe it was short because of the strong turnout, and the intensity of the fighting. We where getting about one kill every thirty seconds. It is not always like this. Sometimes the teams go round and round and not score any kills for a time.

The 'just right' battle length seems to be right between the forty and forty five minute mark. It turns out to be notoriously difficult to use the number of kills to predict the length of the battle. There is a War setting for time limit, but it is only in units of hours. Making it too long risks having players drop. That could unbalance the situation at a critical moment.

I would like to experiment with timed battles lasting 45 minutes. But that would require somebody keeping time and calling a Halt, or some change to the Guild interaction code for the War menu to include minutes.

While making suggestions for Guild War, I would also add a current score message that comes up every time it changes. Borrowing into the Guild menu to check the current score just takes too long to be accomplished safely by players actively participating in the war. These players are the most interested parties.

lots of text... read his post

RvB usually starts at a set time and so far has been very good at starting at set time.. I wonder if starting the war 15 minutes early would help counter the missing 15 minutes. Also, I'm sure a script would be allowed for both gaters to to call out scores :D

Two Wolves

Knight
RvB usually starts at a set time and so far has been very good at starting at set time.. I wonder if starting the war 15 minutes early would help counter the missing 15 minutes. Also, I'm sure a script would be allowed for both gaters to to call out scores :D
simply brilliant.