UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[Red] vs [BLCK] Battle for Yew 1/15 3PM EST

Frasier

Sorceror
[Red] vs [BLCK] Battle for Yew 1/15 3PM EST

After news of the devastating lost of Vesper, warlords in Minoc are trying to make plans to cut down on the surrounding threat from Orcs.
Spies report, an Orcish fleet in Yew is getting ready to sail on Minoc.
Crusaders decide to make the first strike by infiltrating Yew to burn down the fleet.

Sunday at 3:00 PM EST (Begin gathering on top of Luna east wall at 2:30)
Yew.jpg

Current rules of Battle:
No looting, Mounts, Artifacts, Jewelry, Runics, Monster Loot *
No modded spellbooks equipped or aggressive mage summons
Only store-bought potions and lesser poison on weapons

Deathrobes:
- Wearing the deathrobe will prevent you from being attacked.
- On picking up your corpse, you will remain safe if you remain standing on your bones.
- Step off your bones without a deathrobe, attack an enemy, or perform a beneficial act and you are again fair game.

Disallowed Skills
Taming, Ninjitsu, Bushido, Necromancy, Chivalry, Stealth, Spellweaving

Joining [Red]v[BLCK]:
If you would like to join Red Crusaders PM Frasier, for Black Orcs PM Two Wolves or find any [Red], [BLCK] members or appear property dressed before the start time of a battle event.

* Spell Channeling rule - items must be non-runic/non-loot, except for shields and weapons for mages, which are allowed Spell Channeling up to -0 and Damage Increase up to 40%. The following do not count as mods on spellbooks, weapons or shields with Spell Channeling: Night Sight, Luck, Slayer, Lower Requirements, Damage Type, Hit Dispel, or Self Repair.

MB

Knight
Can't make it this week. I'll be back next week if the good Lord's willing and the creek don't rise.

Frasier

Sorceror
Crusaders sailed to Yew but they had underestimated the size of the Orcs fleet. With furious rage, Orcs started to slaughter these brave knights. But still Crusareds nearly completed their mission, before their last man was killed.

Yew1.jpg
One Orc is missing from the pic

Ettaan

Squire
Frasier if im not wrong it started as Black [5] vs Red [4] but in half way of the battle Naz had to leave so Black [4] vs Red [4]

Frasier

Sorceror
Sorry but you are :)
There was only 3 Crusaders all the way, it ended Blck 4 v Red 3 (kills 30 v 26). Nice fight though ;)

Two Wolves

Knight
It was nice. I will tell you what happened. Orcs had a great turnout. Red only had one at start time. But they did not complain and took the field. To make it interesting Orcs decided to only field two at a time. With that news, one of the Orcs changed teams to make it 2 v 4. Orcs decide to rotate one out to make it 2 v 3, then just at the war starts late arriving players show up to make 3 v 5. With that the stage was set and it was agreed nobody sits out.

As it turns out 3 v 5 is not impossible. If three Orcs are lured off chasing one Red around in the woods, that splits the two teams leaving a 2 v 2 back on the main battlefield. I saw this exact situation being played out on several occasions. Red-team mages are notoriously good at healing on the move, recovering and then turning on you; that and leading a pursuing enemy into an ambush.

Not surprisingly Red takes a strong lead right from the start with 8 kills to 3. Later, Orcs are scoring some isolated kills but still not getting it together and the score becomes 11 to 7. Then Orcs start getting their act together and catch back up to 20 to 23.

Right about that same time, one of the Orcs has to leave making it 3 v 4. The win condition was 30. And it was good for Orcs that it was so high, because right about that time Red regrouped and wiped all the Orcs out in a brillient comeback. From there it was tit for tat making it very close till Orcs pull ahead by a couple kills at the end. I think it ended 27 to 30. It is hard to tell by checking Guild menu periodically.

The funniest thing I ever saw was when Naz'Gash had boxed in Lucy. Two other Orcs joined in trying to off her. This attracted the other Reds who where cross-healing her. We got her to red-line about three times and she was saved by teammates cross heals every time. Naz gets himself killed by tenaciously refusing to back away from trying to Klomp Lucy. Then she breaks out and gets away. The Orcs, having take the worst of it, scatter. But it was a hell of an effort. She just would not die.

Ettaan

Squire
Hehe well i poisoned twice one of our own and three times myself and i imagine there were 4 Crusaders... What an night! :D