UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[Red] vs [BLCK] The Battle for New Haven 9/11 3PM EDT (-4GMT)

Frasier

Sorceror
[Red] vs [BLCK] The Battle for New Haven 9/11 3PM EDT (-4GMT)

Agents of Black Orcs have too long been corrupting young adventures who try to get their start in New Haven. Red Crusaders have been dispatched to rip out the old regime by the roots and install a new government there. But they probably will not go without a Fight!

Sunday at 3:00 PM EDT (Begin gathering at 2:30)
Haven.jpg

Current rules of Battle:
No looting, Mounts, Artifacts, Runics(*), Monster Loot(*)
No modded spellbooks equipped or aggressive mage summons
Only store-bought potions and lesser poison on weapons

(*) Allowed mod exceptions are Spell Channeling up to -0 and Damage Increase up to 40%.
Ignorable mod exceptions: Night Sight, Luck, Slayer, Lower Requirements, Damage Type, Hit Dispel, Self Repair.

Deathrobes:
- Wearing the deathrobe will prevent you from being attacked. It also prevents you from attacking, as well as doing beneficial acts towards friendlies. Anything but going to get your corpse makes you fair game.

- On picking up your corpse the deathrobe will vanish, stay standing on top of your corpse (bones), you will be safe until your bones disappear. Step off or attack and you are again fair game.

Disallowed Skills
Animal Taming, Animal Lore, Veterinary, Ninjitsu, Bushido, Necromancy, Chivalry, Stealth, Spellweaving

If you would like to join Red Crusaders PM Frasier, for Black Orcs PM Two Wolves or find any [Red], [BLCK] members or appear property dressed before the start time of a battle event.

Frasier

Sorceror
In our last fight we had some rez kills. Despite standing above of your bones, wearing the deathrobe will be the best guarantee to prevent you from being attacked.

Two Wolves

Knight
Pa'Okie takes the following precautions to avoid messing up the score by getting himself rez-killed. He keeps a spare death robe in his pack and dresses it once he gets his body. The way to get one quick is to simply undress it on your corpse then click to collect your corpse otherwise the robe will vanish.

He keeps insurance on at least one of his weapons. Welding a weapon during a corpse-run is allowed and cuts your chance of being hit in half. He used to keep insurance on all his items, but this is an expensive option if your deaths to kills ratio is high or not a lot of others are using insurance. There has been no looting since we worked some kinks out of the rules on the first battle.

Pa'Okie does not always rush to rejoin battle. Both sides have resurrection gates provided at either end of the chosen battlefield. These gates also provide a rallying point for both sides, so that they can cooperatively delay their return. This results in a coordinated comeback.

While waiting Pa'Okie arms and heals himself and others at the Rally Point so that he is at full health or nearly full health when he comes back. Archers with an auto-attack can usually break it off if they notice they are attacking a robed figure. If you are running around with 9 health and make yourself a one-shot-kill target, by the time they notice what is happening, it will be too late.

There is no rule of reciprocity, but I have seen on several occasions, a member of one team give himself up to be killed once they acknowledge that they have committed an accidental rez-kill. This is a very noble gesture, as the war can sometimes get tied up towards the end and all it takes is on fall on either side to determine the new shape of the region map.

MB

Knight
A lot of the res kills came from the use of NPC Rangers, which proved to be a bad idea for several reasons. Res killing is normally not as big of a problem and only occurs accidentally (i.e. drop spell on closest enemy right as newly res'd person comes through moongate.)

Frasier

Sorceror
Very true :)

Anyway, I have grey robes for Crusaders to wear (if even needed ;) ) during our next event

Rabban

Sorceror
I have family in town so I don't expect to be available for this one. Reds: kick some orc butt for me (and die a bunch in process like me)

Frasier

Sorceror
Crusaders two holy mages raided to New Haven into the middle of Orcs and started to fight furiously. Both troops had their moments but Crusaders had the spririt on their side and they wan the fight. Orcs have left the city and it's time for a new age in New Haven.

haven2.jpghaven3.jpghaven4.jpghaven5.jpghaven6.jpgHaven1.jpg

Verdomme

Wanderer
I'll get another char ready for it as soon as I have the time ;) Ended up healing some of the dead guys that just ressed up anyway - hope no one minded ^^

Which reminds me:

Untitled.png

Frasier

Sorceror
If you want to come and watch, our gaters usually are in Luna 2. floor next to ankh.

If you come to watch, please don't get in a middle of the fight and/or don't do anything that
may effect to the battle.

If you want to join Red or BLCK before next event, pm me (for Red) or Two Wolves (for BLCK) or be at the Luna walls ~30 min before event starts. After the event starts it's too late to join for that event.

Thank You :)

Verdomme

Wanderer
Oh indeed, I used to PvP a lot in these types of things in my OSI days, you never ever touch a fight you aren't involved in. No deathrobe = no heals from me after reading your rules!

Frasier

Sorceror
Great. We are looking forward to get new members. And if you need any help with the char, we'll try to help.

Verdomme

Wanderer
Well my current dexer is disallowed as its a bushidopaladin - but i'll try and whip up a decent template over the next few days :D

Frasier

Sorceror
If you can fight (and stay alive ;) ) without changing your template, you can keep those skills just don't use them.