UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Crafters Event...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, X&A

Great conception. Good fun.:)

FE

PS For everyone who asked - these were prob my two best from a total of 40 Val charges (I was there from the very beginning - and didn't spend any time at all searching for lower-end Hammers... ;)):

Eventaxes.jpg

jaasso

Knight
yeah it was fun, thanks. the rewards were pretty absurd
my best: http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/selling-hammer-pick.468196/

oath1981

Sorceror
wow , sexy axe. you animal ! its really good to have such event, thank you Xavier , it must be the coolest i ever join
dunno if this kind of event will screw crafter up or not lol

Moghe

Sorceror
can someone explain more on what this event was? did u get to keep what u crafted? how did this work? thanks

You get to keep any items that you could insure. The runic hammers/sewing kits were cursed so they couldn't be insured; anything you made was insurable.

Moghe

Sorceror
There were only a limited number of runic hammers - and you had to farm the monsters for the resources. Plus you needed 400 skill points in crafting, so your fighting template was limited. But yes, you could have insured any items that were crafted.

el pepino

Sorceror
1st: Great event!!! (Runics are outrageously priced on Demise) something like this was/is badly needed.

2nd: Take advantage of the instanced looting system, this would do several things.
[a.] Prevent players from just running in circles with scavenger on and encourage them to work together.
[b.] Make getting the rewards more reliant on the players own efforts to get the items.
[c.] Help assure that people who are working hard, casting spells, and killing creatures actually have a fair chance to get rewarded for their efforts.
All in all I would just say scavenger was a bad way to distribute the rewards. Players with better connections were favored due to the use of scavenger.

3rd: Maybe make the requirements to attend a bit less? I noticed little more than a dozen or so people who were actually able to attend this event, and there was more
potential wealth dropping from this event than any I think I have ever witnessed.

1st: Great event!!! (Runics are outrageously priced on Demise) something like this was/is badly needed.

2nd: Take advantage of the instanced looting system, this would do several things.
[a.] Prevent players from just running in circles with scavenger on and encourage them to work together.
[b.] Make getting the rewards more reliant on the players own efforts to get the items.
[c.] Help assure that people who are working hard, casting spells, and killing creatures actually have a fair chance to get rewarded for their efforts.
All in all I would just say scavenger was a bad way to distribute the rewards. Players with better connections were favored due to the use of scavenger.

3rd: Maybe make the requirements to attend a bit less? I noticed little more than a dozen or so people who were actually able to attend this event, and there was more
potential wealth dropping from this event than any I think I have ever witnessed.

All good possibilities, CJ :)

Two things though:

Ping definitely didn't matter or I'd have got zilch (mine is European bad) - but I do like the instanced corpse idea anyway.

I wouldn't reduce the requirements - quite the opposite actually. It was an event designed for Crafters after all. Half the fun was trying to kill stuff with your Tailor... :p I would even make it more restricted (5 crafting skills, so no one can have Mage+Eval+Resist for example).

To make sure as many people as possible can participate, maybe some advance warning in the "Demise Events" Section would be good next time, so anyone who wants to Soulstone a few skills so they are eligble to participate - has time to do so...

FE

Of course it will never again be like the first time - when we all rushed in riding our Beetles and got ganked. Then we all came back with Ethys only to find we couldn't cast summons because we had a Beetle ghost parked in Luna and got ganked again. So we then we all began casting Mindblast on the Valorite Ellies and - yes, of course - with resists in the 20s, we got ganked again (con nocturnidad y alevosia...). So back home to at least put on some decent armour (which in my case, I forgot to insure... :() but guess what? - forgot to cast Protection and our hotkeys are all set up for filling bods, not killing stuff!... ganked AGAIN...

:p

FE

Alvin1337

Sorceror
GMs shuldnt be giveing that powerfull stuff on some random events.
If somebody thinks Val. runic hammers shuld be givein becouse they are expensive, and their price lowered - this is the point of the game to have expensive runics, that you compleat after months of playing blacksmith...

Tbh, I will start looking for another shard, which will prabobly make you all even more happy then obtaineing the most expensive/wanted items on some absolutely random events by picking then up with scavanger.

Kind Regards,

Alvin

Bile

Knight
To make sure as many people as possible can participate, maybe some advance warning in the "Demise Events" Section would be good next time.

Yeah, there is nothing greater than having the ability to stay out of game and still have an advanced warning on when superduperevents are going to take place.
Yeah, there is nothing greater than having the ability to stay out of game and still know when someone is looking to purchase, trade, or sell items.

Ahhh! The joys of not actually having to be in-game to play the game. *Bah-tup Bop Bop Baah, I'm Luv'n It!*

Just ranting, not directed towards you!

Miranda

Sorceror
god theres no chance to make everyone happy :\ facepalm
Yea my acc is over 2100 days old and i spend A LOT of my time item hunting. Too bad that the events rewards were 900gp checks back in the days:/
But then again this new event rewards are good way to stimulate the new players...

el pepino

Sorceror
GMs shuldnt be giveing that powerfull stuff on some random events. <-- (would your opinion be different if it was you getting inquis or something?)
If somebody thinks (<-----Who is this somebody?)
Val. runic hammers shuld be givein becouse they are expensive(<--- maybe people needing good items on Demise would be a good reason?)
and their price lowered (<---who said this?)
- this is the point of the game to have expensive runics, that you compleat after months of playing blacksmith...(<---- This is your opinion, The point of UO is different for almost everyone.)
Tbh, I will start looking for another shard, which will prabobly make you all even more happy then obtaineing the most expensive/wanted items on some absolutely random events by picking then up with scavanger.

Kind Regards,

Alvin

They were low charge hammers and you had to craft the stuff there as you couldn't leave with the hammers or kits (they were cursed) so they could not be sold outside of the event.
I've heard you whine on the forums about quiting before, yet here you remain... Hmmm. Suck it up maybe next time you will get a chance at some "powerful stuff" too and not be so bitter? Cheers! :D

Xavier

Account Terminated
GMs shuldnt be giveing that powerfull stuff on some random events.
If somebody thinks Val. runic hammers shuld be givein becouse they are expensive, and their price lowered - this is the point of the game to have expensive runics, that you compleat after months of playing blacksmith...

Kind Regards,

Alvin

Yeah, no. Thats their reason why its a good thing. The reason we did it was to have a little fun, and try something new. Either way, there is not one single runic hammer or ASH in play as a result of this event. They are all GONE. The only thing anyone could keep is what they managed to craft there, because they were all cursed, and they had to die to leave the area and cant recover their body without going back in and dying again to leave. But umm, look a little closer. If those 3 weps are representative of the best items, whatI see is the highly predictable curse of 5 prop hammers watering down the fun with unwanted props, tbh.

And you think the entire point of the game is to have expensive runics?? Then why is it that where this game was created, high end runic hammers are are only a fraction of the cost they are here, despite how much easier it has been on Demise than on OSI to get the BODs for them? No, the point of the game is not to just provide overpriced runics or items on free shards; the point of this game is to have fun, which it seems most everyone did.

IF anything about last night's event would do anything to the price of the runics, it wouldnt be by inflating the availability. It would be because everyone gets to see firsthand exactly how crappy val hammers actually are, for the whopping 15 charges they have. If your problem with it isnt economical, then I would have to assume you are just begrudging people who you find undeserving of the chance to hold a val hammer for 20 minutes, and I dont want to even discuss that argument. If you are talking about our recent reward in general, I was told over a year ago, to put 10 or 12 inquis in play, so far it was only the two. I may or may not put a couple more, but the difficulty will need to be deserving of that. All the PS on those chests maybe? We have a shortage in the AoS+ powerscrolls, so I found a way to get them ingame. Or maybe its the heritage items? Four of the 7th year heritage items were already inplay from silly easy events, and Ive been trying to get some of the last 3 ingame.

Warcraft? 1000s of val crafted items? Thats absurd. Thousands of charges didnt spawn, even if one person managed to get them all. Well maybe there was thousands of dull copper charges :D

We very well may do this again as most players and the staff involved really enjoyed it, but if we do it will be few and far between, for the same reason net tosses are few and far between; so we dont outright kill an items value. So dont worry, we wont be letting the average joe look at a val hammer again anytime too soon.

I do however agree with the sentiment toward the people running in circles to pick them up, but this was the only way I could think of to make it happen. I am sure we can find a better way for when/if we do it again. The reason we did it this way, was because most all of the mechanics for putting items into the world dont cooperate with objects that do not have a sero parameter constructor. I almost didnt do it at all because of this, till I figured out a way to make the regular spawner drop them on the ground. I even tried equipping the hammer on the mobiles hoping our linked spawner would dupe the item as it does with equipped weapons, with no success.

It didnt work out as we planned because most people just wanted to scavenge hammers, and not kill the elementals so more hammers would spawn. Its like hiryu forest, with the rus replaced with hammers. You have to kill the spawn off to get what you want to spawn. If we run this again, this part of the mechanics will probably be different.

Bile is right on as to why some of us dont give weeks of warning before all our events. Holidays, etc may be announced beforehand, but theres something to be said for those actively playing the game and getting involved in the events, as opposed to people who would only log on to get the stuff from nice events, and leave it in their bank box till next time they refresh.

Tbat being said, we are running a lot more events, and not advertising them a lot of them. Most of these events last for hours on end. This is so a good majority of the active players will be able to attend one or another without turning on the "come get the goods, and go back to refreshing your accts twice a year so all the goods you got in the event you actually logged on for dont fall with your house" sign.

Bile ... you could have paged. You know I will let reds go to most events that are not in a town/guard zone. If you did, i didnt see it before someone else got to it, sorry. The gate locations for the event gates all open in the same places, regardless of who can/cant go. I dont put a bucs den event gate just to torment reds, altho, haha ... nevermind, Ill be nice.

Im really glad so many of you all enjoyed it and had fun there, afterall: that was the entire point. :D Sorry about the rough start, too. We just yesterday built that entire area, and one of the housefoundations we build on was not correctly configured.

We have a few more off the beaten path ideas to experiment on you guys with soon!!

Oh and BTW. El Papino? Youre joking, yes? Think about a couple of the recent events you were at. :D If we had allowed players to keep and trade those hammers, yes it would have been completely retarded in reward, and yes it would have crashed the value of ver/val hammers but you know as well as I do, burning a couple of those 5 chg hammers is going to make no one rich, except maybe the luckiest man on earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.