UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Ant Lion and unknown ---- Bones

[IN DEVELOPMENT] [Malganis] Ant Lion and unknown ---- Bones

Ant Lions should have, or use to have, unknown (insert npc here) bones. here is a diff that contains the unknown bones and necessary edits to the AntLion.cs.

References: UOGuide and UOStratics

Q: Drop rate??
A:approximate.

Q: Are they on the Ant Lion before you kill it or not?
A:I made it to where it is in the OnDeath method. Maybe it needs to be regular pack item?

Q: Acid Spit?
A:I have it to where it is a green hue Deadly Poison breath attack instead of spit acid. Temp fix for now.

Q: Does it tunnel to player?
A:Not yet.

Pick it apart and fix what is needed.

Attachments

• AntLion.cs.diff
    7.3 KB · Views: 11

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] {Missing in RunUO SVN} Ant Lion and unknown ---- Bones

I need to know how you approximated the drop rate (did you do it per OSI testing or just guess or from documentation?).

I would rather the breath be correct before moving forward. Temporary fixes are only more work later on. :(

Need to get it so it tunnels or it'll be another bug fix later :)

Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] {Missing in RunUO SVN} Ant Lion and unknown ---- Bones

LadyCrimson;588712 said:
I need to know how you approximated the drop rate (did you do it per OSI testing or just guess or from documentation?).

I would rather the breath be correct before moving forward. Temporary fixes are only more work later on. :(

Need to get it so it tunnels or it'll be another bug fix later :)

Sorry but I posted it like this so everyone would know I was working on it. I probably should of reworded what I posted to make that clear.

I have everything working better just gotta get on TC1 to verify it.

Also these should drop Fragrant and Peculiar seeds. I know someone is working on those as the post is located here.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Ant Lion and unknown ---- Bones

AH - ok, moving to IN DEVELOPMENT with you as the person working on it.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Ant Lion and unknown ---- Bones

Callandor - still making progress on this one or should it go back to CODER NEEDED?

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

50 is not bad but of course, we need a minimum of 250 for a good calculation. Seems the bones are a very rare drop, which I personally prefer.

Also, I think there are 4 or 5 containers: unknown rogue, unknown mage, unknown bard, unknown adventurer (?) and maybe something else, I don't know. I also think the bone containers come with different artwork, but I don't remember 100% on that. If anything its the three bone piles in each direction, making a total of six. Also take inventory of what is inside the bone containers as far as loot. I know its pretty specific to the class the bones are named for - but we need to make sure that we are pretty accurate with that as well.

LadyCrimson;595230 said:
Callandor - still making progress on this one or should it go back to CODER NEEDED?

Ya sorry. been busy with other stuff. I am still working on it though. I'll get on it this weekend to see what I come up with.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

That's ok Callandor - just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to go stale :) Whenever works as long as I know its on your plate :)

MalGanis

Sorceror

Since apparently noone is working on this i decided to finish this.

Ant Lions have 2 special abilities:
  • He can dig a hole and sneak up on his attacked underground (he also heals while underground).
  • He spits acid. Acid has a chance to apply greater poison.

Special loot:
  • Unknown skeletons.
    Ive only been able to get 3 types (altho according to some ppl there are 4) of skeletons: bard (7), rogue (8) and mage (7) out of 305 kills (so roughly 7%).
  • Seeds
    Out of 305 lions a got 40 fragrant and 150 peculiar seeds.
    So there is roughly 60% chance for a special seed to drop, 20% for fragrant and 80% for peculiar.

Attachments

• AntLion.patch
    15.4 KB · Views: 28

silvertiger

Knight
Re: [TESTING-TC] Ant Lion and unknown ---- Bones

I just got my set of unique bones and they look as if they might be a treasure hunter's remains. Now I don't know if that's what you were referring to as an adventurer or not. But this is what's in them:....

Leather Gloves 2,4,3,3,3 resists
Leather Tunic 2,4,3,3,3 resists
Leather Sleeves 2.4.3.3.3 resists
A tattered, cleverly drawn treasure map, for tram
A shovel
A broadsword, no mods
Dagger, no mods
Lockpick
A torch

Pont

Knight
Re: [TESTING] Ant Lion and unknown ---- Bones

Report from BAD test server:
  • Summon moongate can be looted from ant lion corpse sometimes.
  • When cutting spine and bone shards to produce bones for tailoring you get a sound like a dying dinosaur.
  • The corpse bones were not named that you could open to loot, they were simply called 'bones'.
  • At one stage the ant lions stopped spawning, but one existed somewhere??, possible tunnel issue? or BAD test server spawn issue?
Other than that it's all good.

Attachments

• Pontauban_11-9_21.24.jpg
    Pontauban_11-9_21.24.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Pontauban_11-9_21.24-1.jpg
    Pontauban_11-9_21.24-1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 113

Athena

Account Terminated

Could someone confirm if Ponts findings are as per OSI so that it can either be changed or moved to ready status please.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

The only thing that comes close to being as per OSI is the cutting of the bones though to me it sounds more like a dentist's drill

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Callandor2k;587612 said:
Ant Lions should have, or use to have, unknown (insert npc here) bones. here is a diff that contains the unknown bones and necessary edits to the AntLion.cs.

References: UOGuide and UOStratics

Q: Drop rate??
A:approximate.

Q: Are they on the Ant Lion before you kill it or not?
A:I made it to where it is in the OnDeath method. Maybe it needs to be regular pack item?

Q: Acid Spit?
A:I have it to where it is a green hue Deadly Poison breath attack instead of spit acid. Temp fix for now.

Q: Does it tunnel to player?
A:Not yet.

Pick it apart and fix what is needed.

I.P.Knightly;595336 said:
Q: Drop rate?? I have been doing OSI testing with the ant lion still doing it because I have only killed 50 so far and that is not a good enough sample.So far though from the 50 I killed I have gotten

18 peculiar seeds
4 fragrance seeds
2 of the unknown bone containers

Q: Acid Spit? It spits a blob,but that hue that is mentioned was how the solen warriors did it if you attacked and ran from them.

Q: Does it tunnel to player?It will tunnel to a player only when the player is using ranged attacks.It will also tunnel away from the player as a defensive move but resurfacing some where in it's spawn area.A player or pet can disrupt the defensive tunneling.It is also possible for the ant lion to die while it is under ground after disappearing into the tunnel

On OSI I have gotten 2 unknown mage skeletons

1st ones's contents

19 Black Pearl
Robe
2 Incognito spells
2 Lightning spells
Gnarled Staff
16 Blood Moss
16 Sulforous Ash
Sandals
No Gold

2nd one's contents

2 Chain Lightning spells
2 Meteor Swarm spells
Ring ( no mods on it)
19 Sulforous Ash
19 Garlic
18 Nightshade
Robe
Gnarled Staff
Sandals
No Gold

I also got another skeleton this time it is the Unknown Bard and it's contents are as follows

Kilt
Lute
11 Clean Bandages
Doublet
Full Bottle of Liquor
226 Gold
Jester hat with resists of 5 9 5 5 no physical resist[/quote]

Pont;652947 said:
  • Summon moongate can be looted from ant lion corpse sometimes.
  • When cutting spine and bone shards to produce bones for tailoring you get a sound like a dying dinosaur.
  • The corpse bones were not named that you could open to loot, they were simply called 'bones'.
  • At one stage the ant lions stopped spawning, but one existed somewhere??, possible tunnel issue? or BAD test server spawn issue?
Other than that it's all good.

SRC Athena;663223 said:
Could someone confirm if Ponts findings are as per OSI so that it can either be changed or moved to ready status please.

I have no idea what a summon moon gate is but I know it is not available on OSI

As far as loot goes for these things on OSI

Ore
1 of 4 types of large ore drops though the amount is a random drop of 1 to 9 Dull Copper, Shadow, Copper and Bronze

Fertile Dirt
1 to 4 drop

Seeds
2 types have a chance to drop
Peculiar or Fragrant at times none will drop

Bones
You will always get 3 but 1 of the 3 may be a white skull that you can not cut

Unknown Bones Containers
These are always named and the loot inside is themed to the type of container
Example the Unknown Mage will always have spell scrolls and regs never gold

Gold
250 to 304 are the min. and max of the ones I killed

Also the usual armor/weapon and bracelet and/or ring

At one time Lady Crimson wanted a test done on OSI for drop rates of the seeds and container.I have only done 150 just too boring to do any more

1st 50
18 peculiar seeds
4 fragrant seeds
2 of the unknown bone containers 2 mage

2nd 50
28 peculiar seeds
4 fragrant seeds
5 of the unknown bone containers 3 mage 2 bard
Twice I recieved a container and a seed

3rd 50
27 peculiar seeds
4 fragrant seeds
1 of the unknown containers a mage
Received a seed with the container

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Pont;652947 said:
The corpse bones were not named that you could open to loot, they were simply called 'bones'.

Wow this is some really old code
I was doing some checking on Baja today

Those unnamed bones that you get on the BAD Test Server will sell quite well on OSI they are rare and no longer spawn