a. It is illegal to:
- Exploit the shard, attempt to gain unauthorized access to the server, or attempt to disrupt services. These actions will result in a ban of your accounts and associated accounts and/or a ban of your IP. Dependant on the actions, it is possible legal action may be taken as well.
- Imitate any Officials of the shard. These include Counselors, Game Masters, Seers, Administration, Moderators, Ryan, etc.
- Advertise other games or other shards, both in game and on the message boards.
b. You will follow instructions given to you by staff in game immediately.
a. Accounts are limited to four accounts per IP, regardless of the number of people playing from that IP. Although it is possible to create or acquire more than 4 accounts, any accounts above this number in your control will be deemed illegal. Players found over the account limit may have accounts randomly deleted to trim that player down to the correct number. This is a manual process handled by the shard administrators on a case by case basis. Obvious abuse may result in the deletion of all accounts and/or a ban of the IP(s).
b. You may own one house per account.
c. Account banning is done by IP, not by account. If you are banned all of your accounts will be banned.
d. Accounts are the player's responsibility:
- Be sure to register your account.
- Accounts not refreshed (by logging in) after 90 days will automatically be deactivated and deleted. These accounts cannot be rescued or replaced by staff.
- You are responsible for the actions on your account. It is not advisable to share your account, account login information or passwords with anyone.
- Staff will never ask for your password. Do not share it with anyone.
e. It is illegal to:
- Sell items or gold for real world cash or items. This includes eBay.
- Trade items or gold, for items or gold on another shard, or another game. This includes the other UOGamers shards. Hybrid items may only be traded within the Hybrid environment.
- Gather data about Hybrid user accounts. It may result in the banning of your accounts, and possible legal action.
3. Player - Staff Interaction
a. Staff contributes time to benefit the shard and its players. At all times use proper language and respect when interacting with a Staff.
b. Do not attack, or otherwise interfere with a player being aided by a Staff.
c. Do not attack Staff characters whether present or afk. Attacking staff will get you deleted.
d. Do not page or ask staff to give handouts or hold events.
e. Staff will not move a player who is lost. In order for a player to be moved by staff, they must be truly stuck due to over-patching/client error. Do not page to be moved because you are lost.
f. Under no circumstances will staff return lost items. Game play is at your own risk. This includes (but is not limited to) poker, duel pits, vendors and trade.
g. At no time is paging to swear, insult or argue with staff acceptable. Such actions may result in a removal of your paging privileges and/or jail time.
h. Players with a legitimate complaint with regards to Staff should send their statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spamming in game, repeated paging or posting on the forums are not acceptable methods of dealing with this issue. These actions may result in a squelch, page squelch or loss of forum privledges.
4. 3rd Party Programs
a. The only approved 3rd party programs are Razor, ConnectUO and those listed on the UOPro Programs List. Any other 3rd party program, such as EasyUO, is strictly against the rules and may result in banning or jail time.
b. PlayUO (formerly known as the krrios client) is in beta stage. Using Sallos, players may now use PlayUO on UOG: Hybrid.
c. The autocure feature of Razor is against the rules to use.
d. Client modifications and cosmetic changes (eg. Treehack) are allowed as long as they do not change the way the client interfaces with the server.
e. It is against the rules to distribute client modification either through the game, the message board, or through websites associated with UOGamers: Hybrid.
5. Exploitation of Bugs
a. Exploiting any bug is against the rules. This includes bugs that are beneficial or not beneficial. Accounts associated with the usage of bugs may be banned or jailed.
b. Accepting, or possession of bugged items is against the rules. The items will be deleted and the accounts involved may be banned or jailed.
a. Unattended macroing is within the rules. It may not include gathering of resources, purchasing of items or taming of animals.
7. Blocking and Traps
a. Blocking during combat, with either your character, or another object is within the rules. This includes boxing people in with objects.
b. It is against the rules to contain a players ghost in such a way that they cannot escape.
- Players using objects to block other players, must remove the objects in an expedient manner upon the death of the trapped player.
c. Stamina trapping using your avatar is within the rules.
- Multiple player turreting is legal
- Faction guard turreting is legal
- One player using multiple characters to turret (and scripts/razor macros) is not legal. Players found using these methods will be banned in the same manner as an afk resource gatherer.
e. It is against the rules to gather quantities of animals or monsters to block passageways in or out of areas.
f. Trapping pets in houses or on boats is within the rules.
a. It is illegal to:
- Use a macro or script to complete any part of the house placement procedure. It must be done entirely by hand.
- Trap an NPC in your house. If the NPC can get in, exits must be available for it to leave.
b. It is legal to:
- Trap pets inside of a house.
- Trap players within a house.
Players should note: Entering a house you do not own, or a moongate you did not cast, is at your own risk. Players are able to remove themselves from both classic and custom homes with the leave house option on the personal gump.
a. It is legal:
- To place boats to block movement during combat
- To place boats in a coastal location to block potential house placement.
- To board another's boat and/or interfere with the commands
- To break into a boat hull. Boat Hulls are not secure. Store items here at your own risk.
a. It is against the rules to gather resources with an automated process while you are away from your computer. This includes, cotton, ingots, or any other spawned item. It also includes automated purchase of items such as reagents. You can use macros for these functions, but you must be attending them. Failure to respond to a staff member while carrying out these functions will result in penalty.
a. It is legal to:
- False advertise on vendors
- Host a lottery vendor
b. Staff will not return gold, nor interfere with the vendor, should the item purchased be other than what is advertised. Buyer beware.
a. Scams are allowed as long as they do not involve the use of a bug. It is up to the player to inform and protect themselves.
13. False Gating
a. False gating is legal. Players must use common sense and caution when entering unknown gates.
- False gating will be deemed illegal when the destination results in trapped, or stuck player ghosts. This includes locations gated from illegal runes. The rune will be removed and offenders will serve jail time.
a. Using multiple characters at the same Poker table is illegal.
b. Do not join a Poker table to sit afk.
15. Harassment and Spam
a. Racism will not be tolerated.
- Character names with curses, racism, or otherwise objectionable words will be changed.
- Guild Names cannot be racist or offensive.
- Due to the large player-base, language and profanity is not monitored. Please use the ignore feature if a player is bothering you.
- Racist material, wording (other than speech) or symbols used in game will be removed.
b. Res killing, and griefing are within the rules. You are welcome to leave the area you are in should you find yourself subject to these actions.
c. Spamming is unnecessary but in general, will not be monitored by staff. Players are welcome to add spamming players to their ignore list.
- Note specific areas may still be deemed no-spam areas. These areas are marked with signs and spamming in these areas can result in jail time. It is always good practice to check signs in an area you frequent.