UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Wrestling and Resist magic question.

Engromada

Sorceror
Wrestling and Resist magic question.

I am considering the inclusion of these skills into my build, however, after much research, i have some unanswered questions.

The skills seem to have changed over the times... the main thing i need to know is wether *on this shard* resist spells gives chance to resist any/all spells/reduce their damage/only resist debuffs,etc.

and for wrestling, it seems that at one point the skill reduced your melee chance to be hit, but got chaned somewhere... i need to know if it still will reduce my chances to get hit.

Just incase you're wondering, my build will be a bard. :)
well it IS a bard but i end up getting hurt before i manage to provoke/peace. (i dont use any other skills to kill, i'm a pure bard) so i need to know if these skills will prevent me from dieing quite so quickly.

sorry for the resist spells.resist magic mistake ^^

Thanks.

Re: Wrestling and Resist magic question.

Magic resist gives you 40-44 when your naked (for each 5 points after 100 you get +1 to all resists) And resists debuffs. It hasn't resisted/reflected spells in YEARS.

Wrestle gives you defensive dodgeing, as well as offensive specials like Parablow/Disarm. It will increase your survival if you get hit, however if your a tamer bard, you probably won't need it.

Engromada

Sorceror

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I'm not a tamer bard, and wrestling sounds like something i should go for

as for resist spells... it gives you 40-44 what? sorry i dont really understand, i'm incredibly new to this game.. i just need to know if it will give a worthwhile reduction of magical damage or not.

i'm guessing you mean 40-44 in all resistances, but i dont really understand what thise do, sorry ^^ i am guessing it makes magical attacks against me cause less damage?

Thanks once again :)

Engromada;635630 said:
Thanks for the quick reply :)

I'm not a tamer bard, and wrestling sounds like something i should go for

as for resist spells... it gives you 40-44 what? sorry i dont really understand, i'm incredibly new to this game.. i just need to know if it will give a worthwhile reduction of magical damage or not.

i'm guessing you mean 40-44 in all resistances, but i dont really understand what thise do, sorry ^^ i am guessing it makes magical attacks against me cause less damage?

Thanks once again :)

Yeah, resists, and it means you take less damage from the different types of damage.

Note that the base resistances you get from the resisting spells skill do NOT stack with your armor/other bonuses. You get that base 40-44% or what you'd normally get, whichever is higher.

The major reason to take Resisting Spells is because it cuts the duration and severity of debuff spells. If your RS skill equals the attacker's magery, for instance, Paralyze will have a duration of zero, as will Mana Drain. Mana Vampire will have FAR less effect, as will necromancy spells. (in PvP, as well as PvM when the monster AI finally gets updated, as on OSI, undead spellcasters, as well as many others, have necromancy)