UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Would you like to see spell damage improved?

Would you like to see spell damages balanced (mostly made less)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Would you like to see spell damage improved?

hoglegs said:
Good insight man, they can always just revert back to how it is if it doesn't go over too well.
If changes were implemented, I'm sure they would release the changes on UOG: Aftermath first. Then, pending feedback and observation, they would decide whether or not to implement the changes on UOG: Hybrid.

I think it should be weakened a bit don't worry it won't make dexxers gods' i actually logged in once today and was killed several times very quickly by both dexxers and mages so both classes are strong. But decrease damage would be nice would give be a bit better chance

I like the spell dmg as it is. If you throw pots into the mix, it is very hard to make kills 1v1 without stun as a mage. And dexers already are really good if you know how to use a alchy macer or swords with hally even fencer with super para blows on a vanq short spear. Dont cater to tha noobs, thats what osi did.

JenSlade

Wanderer

Like I've always thought the era of pvp here for mages is sad...best is the era of insta hit, and REAL resist (33% chance to almost FULLY resist level 6 spells) Resist spells is a joke here...
Stun, poison mages, etc... should all be removed. Pre UOR is true pvp.

And please do something with archery. Its the most fun combat skill in the game and its basically nerfed here. I mean at least do something like give arrows the chance to poison or something like concussion and shit.

This server is the best by far...but bigtime lacks in the pvp department

hoglegs

Sorceror

JenSlade said:
And please do something with archery. Its the most fun combat skill in the game and its basically nerfed here. I mean at least do something like give arrows the chance to poison or something like concussion and shit.
The ability to poison arrows seems like a decent idea, but it wouldn't help much here because it seems that mostly everyone that fights in the field uses EasyUO scripts to insta-cure. (and EasyUO is *supposedly* illegal to use here)

But, even without a sad crutch like EasyUO, archery is still pretty useless, because the fire rate is horribly slow, and all you have to do to avoid getting hit by arrows is run. (you can't attack with a bow while running)....so expect a reputation flame from Spriggan...as he gave me -1 rep for mentioning this.

hoglegs said:
The ability to poison arrows seems like a decent idea, but it wouldn't help much here because it seems that mostly everyone that fights in the field uses EasyUO scripts to insta-cure. (and EasyUO is *supposedly* illegal to use here)
Or, you know, they just hit their little cure pot macro button. It isn't that difficult.

JenSlade

Wanderer

Archery isnt the only problem; its one of many.

It makes me laugh every day how they nerf bola's yet bring in another pathetic overpowered thing like purple pots. Like seriously, fix the pvp system instead of putting in these nublet ways of pvp.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Jen wouldnt it just be easier to play a shard that is PRE UOR?

If everyone here wanted PRE UOR PvP they'd be on a PRE UOR shard, notice how they are not?

hoglegs

Sorceror

fierywater said:
Or, you know, they just hit their little cure pot macro button. It isn't that difficult.
Okay, I have one of those too, but try going around hitting people with a DP'd kryss... You will know what I'm talking about when you hit someone who wouldn't even expect you to poison them, and manage to cure within 100ms.

Show me a razor macro button, an internet connection, and a human with a fast enough response time to squeeze into that time gap, and I may agree with you.

JenSlade

Wanderer

Choru if there was a decent pre uor shard id be there in a second.

aquickdeath

Wanderer

i would like to see the effects of armor factor have diminishing returns the higher you go instead of being linear. ie: a caster in full suit of fortification leather not being invincible. And 2 melees with 50af not being invincible against each others weapons. I see somebody wearing plate about once a year because it basically serves no purpose at the moment.

yoshtodd

Wanderer

CrazyCracka420 said:
WEWT (better late than never)

I <3 the consideration Ryan. I think mages are overpowered because of the delay in explosion...lowerin the spell damage will make warriors and mages closer to the same level of competition (if implemented).

The people who mainly use mages are probably a majority of the shard, but your lying to yourself if you say the delay in the spell explosion isn't a major advantage, by bein able to hit a person with 2 spells at once, it lowers their chance to heal as quickly as if a spell hits, b4 another can be casted (I realize you can use str pots to heal sooner, etc but it's still a valid point).

Thanks for at least puttin the poll out there Ryan, I see this as very much needed because mages are always going to be overpowered as long as they have the explosion hit delay, and only need to cast 3-4 spells to kill a person w/ 100 resist.

Hope people read the above post. I totally agree with the points he's making and hope they are considered.

JenSlade

Wanderer

I dont think spell damage has anything to do with it. Spells have always done this much "damage" its just under the "good" pre uor ruleset resist actually did something besides resist the odd poison here and there. Resist needs to be fixed back to how its supposed to be with roughly a 33% chance to resist a level 6 spell. Im not totally in support of pre uor (although i do like it way better than this era) but there is deffinently a happy medium where we can bring certain pvp things from that timeset to this timeset....and the resist thing should deffinently be one of them.

JenSlade

Wanderer

By 33% chance to resist I dont mean a 44 dmg ebolt doing 30 damage because u resisted it LOL. I mean how it should be an almost FULL resist so a 44 dmg ebolt doing roughly 10 dmg.

Robo-hybrid

Wanderer

WITH gm resist;

ebolt should do max damage of 15/20

FS max damage: 45/50

Exp max damage: 15/20

Poison should be resisted 3 out of 5 times.

Mindblast should still do damage depending on victim's stats.

Meteor Swarm/Chain Lighting max damage: 45/50

EQ still taking half life off a full 100 hp bar. If casted again it will take the 50hp remaining down to 25, and if casted again takes remaining 25hp down to 5hp. EQ will never be able to kiill a player naturally.

As far as resisting spell damage goes, it should be amped up quite alot if you have gm resist. Since a majority of "legit" pks prefer to run around and sync MS on victims. It is very slow-minded and we need to have a more complex type of mage pvp.

lets face it, casting fs in a duel is ridiculous. Lets set it so when the kid does cast it, it only screws him over in the damage he hands to the oponment. Only leaving the person casting FS with half mana left to either keep himself alive to dump like a fool.

A

AllasPancakes

Robo said:
WITH gm resist;

ebolt should do max damage of 15/20

FS max damage: 45/50

Exp max damage: 15/20

Poison should be resisted 3 out of 5 times.

Mindblast should still do damage depending on victim's stats.

Meteor Swarm/Chain Lighting max damage: 45/50

If spells had that damage one heal or potion would safe zone you in a 1vs1 fight if im not wrong a explo or ebolt costs 20 mana wich will make it 1dmg per mana point. That means that a mage would need 111mana and makes sure their foe gets 0 heals off if he has 100hp in a 1vs1.

I like this game because off the fast pvp and the way its on this shard now with chugging running etc even alot off the newbies are hard to kill because there are few ways off making some one stand still long enough for a mage to kill them 1vs1

This is not a balance issue betwene dexxers and mages only its a balance issue betwene mages too its already EASY to heal a greater heal for example is faster casted than a e bolt and cost half the mana yet it heal around 25hp more than a ebolt damages. and for chorus explo fs kills im pretty sure the players you did that to either didnt have gm resist or around 60str. but i might be wrong about that one. (bla bla bla bla.......)

megas

Wanderer

I currently see spell damage extremely high compared to weapon damage. When I say weapon damage I am referring to only GM crafted weapons. My fencer has no chance of killing any mage with just a GM crafted spear, I can't do enough damage fast enough. I have sat on a mage, who didn't move, he was able to heal around my swings and med enough to get full mana and dump. Ofcourse melee with magic weapons: force and up are what most people use anyway and those weapons you can easily 3 hit. Mage damage I believe shouldn't be able to 3 kill/hit, especially since most people run around in groups and gank. Having three mages all cast: exp exp eb on a target and he/she stands no chance of surviving. Yet if you have three dexers chasing you your chance of survival is pretty high if you take into account their hit/miss chances, which is a lot higher than chance to resist a spell. So, I guess I am saying lower spell damage by a small amount, nothing to drastic.

I

I cant get into my accoun

U guys might say u want dmg changed go play on lame ass defiance uor and see what there spell dmg is like its horrible 2 expl eb like dont even kill u with gm resist

Nephtyes

Sorceror

Imagin that actually having to fight for longer then two dumps, instead of the 2 sec kill that goes on now.

Jenova said:
Wear armor.

Armor is overpowered atm, take advantage of it. 30+ AR and I gaurantee you wont die to a dexer unless you blow hardcore. Or they are actually decent dexers and throw tons of pots.

Melee is only ridiculous when you have no armor on.

What armor do you suggest? Cuz if your a mage,wearing even a robe seems to slow you down immensly on your meditation,even though alot of ppl refert to leather as "Mage Armor".So what kind do u use?

Status
Not open for further replies.