UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Would you like to see factions reset?

Would you like to see factions reset?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok-hybrid

Sorceror
Re: Would you like to see factions reset?

MarcusO;1444228 said:
I agree with you if you are talking about the existing faction playerbase. But I thought the idea here was to figure a way to get more folks to join factions? That's why I suggested recall be put back in, and maybe make a few other changes. If I'm wrong about the concept of this thread then I apologize.

all factions need is a reset for people to join; putting recall back in would detour rather than encourage people to play. factions is group fighting, if your not smart enough to get away from a gank, you shouldn't be out by yourself.

Megumi

Wanderer

MarcusO;1444166 said:
Huh? Are you venting here? Do I detect a bit of misdirected angst?

I was assuming you'd go PK... since you're not man enough to faction :)

MarcusO;1444166 said:
Trammel is worse than consenual pvp...it's "no" pvp, and I hated it then and hate it now. I think it wrecked OSI UO more than anything else. But I also think pvp does need a consenual element, otherwise it declines because the skittish can't test the waters. For example, reds were allowed into towns and pvp declined. Recall was removed, and factions declined (I think). When you remove the option of escape, you're left with hardcore gank mongers like you seem to be. The concept of "finish the kill" is slowly killing UOG pvp...IMO. At the very least it's thinning the pvp ranks to only those hardcore experts. The rest of the players sit on the sideline. It's okay if you don't have any vision of how to grow factions player base.

Trammel is the very definition of consensual PVP. If you want to PVP you join a war or order chaos guild... If not you kill monsters in dungeons or sit at the bank.
Nonconsensual pvp is when you're on a blue, killing monsters in a dungeon and you get ganked by reds... Or banksitting and like 6 pks come into town with nothing but FS scrolls and roast you :D
By joining factions, going red or joining O/C or a war guild you're saying "i want to pvp." The only thing reimplimenting recall would achiee as far as changing this is giving people more abilities to run away from the PVP they claim to want in the first place.

MarcusO;1444166 said:
Er...taxes were a big issue on OSI shards. Every non-faction player hated taxes, and it made them hate factions before they even tried them. Nice use of epitomizing though :)

Okay then, allow me to reiterate...

DementedJester;1444124 said:
Thanks for epitomising one of the major problems possessed by the Ultima Online population; "I'd rather cry on the forums and whine for changes than find a way to adapt around my problems."

Smartyr

Sorceror

Last time I checked this was a "do we wipe factions" thread, not a "listen to Marcus0 bitch about that which he cannot handle" thread. Anyway, Marcus0, WHEN(not if) the faction wipe occurs, you have just shown yourself incentive to become a factioneer for the first time. You and a group of friends, fed up with the prices of reagents and the like, can now be heard. It's time you, and your colleagues, rise up and command the towns, and set fair and just prices for all! Your story will be heralded throughout the lands of Britannia. Methinks, with Marcus0 in the mix, a new age of factions are upon us!

A Walrus

Wanderer

so.. the poll is closed... is there actually going to be a wipe or what.

I agree. Everyone wants a wipe. It was the purpose of this poll, and now it is over. Just do it already.

Cronus3166

Sorceror

I would guess they are going to do it all at once with a new pub. Since they did take a poll on 4 things, probably do it all at once. Only question is... when will that happen :)

Hopefully soon, I'm dying to fight a leviathan!

joeyg127

Wanderer

No, why should we reset them, minax won control of towns so why should they have to reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.