UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Would you like to see an agressor check on entering houses?

Would you like to see an agressor check on entering a house?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbknn

Wanderer
Re: Would you like to see an agressor check on entering houses?

vance-hybrid said:
Thats a wonderful idea, I love the thought of 30 reds just chillin in my house waitin for me every time I come home. If that isn't dripping with sarcasm enough for you, then let me spell it out for you: D-u-m-b i-d-e-a.
let me spell out something very simple for you
Lock YOUR Door.
there was a time in uo where "I ban thee" didnt exist. its not very difficult to keep people outside.

bballerjess

Wanderer

right, with customized houses half the people dont have a door to lock. Plus all they have to do is stealth in, i do it on my thief all the time.

bballerjess

Wanderer

right. Well then have fun finding a shard that plays how real uo is supposed to. idiot.

Lunarpancake

Sorceror

Dbknn said:
let me spell out something very simple for you
Lock YOUR Door.
there was a time in uo where "I ban thee" didnt exist. its not very difficult to keep people outside.

Yea...remember gating ppl to ur house and having people inside already waiting to gank the unsuspectng person? Also having 2 people move in to block the exit?..... When black dye tubs were rare's.......*sigh* Those were the days.

GradGT

Sorceror

DO NOT IMPLEMENT THIS

yea house hiding is annoying but get over it,

there are too many factors besides 'who attacked first' that go into it and you can't check all of them.

this will just screw more people then it helps

an loller skater said:
Worst.idea.ever. Yeah man! I attack someone 1v1 and then can't house hide when 5 more roll up. That's a great idea. :rolleyes:
learn how to heal negro, i survive 6v1s all the time, in fact it seems the be the only fun i get out of uo anymore

LiquifiedArt

Wanderer

This is a bit confusing.. i voted no, but could you rephrase the question.. If you saying, If Player A attacks Player B, and Player A cant enter his house because he is an aggressor, then i Agree with this, but i voted no... :-/

zetamine

Sorceror

Mikey said:
Me personally, think house hiding should still be allowed, although this is the ultimate solution to the problem, it still is part of the game, I think it might put a disadvantage to people who don't know how to PvP, or when someone recalls to their house and someone attacks them randomly, they will not be able to get in. I voted no because of the above.

Agreed, my smith should be able to get into my house even if some pk decides he wants my valuables on him and flags me.

reflex44

Wanderer

an loller skater said:
Worst.idea.ever. Yeah man! I attack someone 1v1 and then can't house hide when 5 more roll up. That's a great idea. :rolleyes:

qft

Alright I can only think of one problem. What happens if you are the attacker and the person runs in anyones house right as your explosion goes off and they die inside the house. This means you can't enter to collect the loot you rightfully earned. Big time problem for factions.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

iizylosii said:
Alright I can only think of one problem. What happens if you are the attacker and the person runs in anyones house right as your explosion goes off and they die inside the house. This means you can't enter to collect the loot you rightfully earned. Big time problem for factions.

Why would you explosion someone on low health :(

If they are dead just wait to go out of combat

Seems like something that requires new scripts, and that means lag?

meh...no combat check.....cause then i wouldnt be able to run when im getting my ass whipped! haha well i would say no cause gank squads can be called in when the fight is fair.....and meh thats when u need the refuge of a house....

Lunarpancake

Sorceror

_Choru_ said:
Why would you explosion someone on low health :(

If they are dead just wait to go out of combat

If you pvp in groups theres LOTS of times your group nly has time to target the pre=-cast'ed explosions off without getting the ebolt off and the target dies in house.

even with doors open you can still ebolt, flamestrike, ect... people right as they get inside a house

Lunarpancake

Sorceror

iizylosii said:
even with doors open you can still ebolt, flamestrike, ect... people right as they get inside a house

most people run in as soon as they see like 4+ reds roll up. at LEAST 50% of houses (id imagine MANY more in reality) have doors that are rarely used. Alternate forms (stairs, tele pads, etc) are used to quickly get inside. Especially when running from ganks.

So....if a group of reds roll in .....target the exps and before or during their ebolt casts the target hits their tele pad or stairs into house....you cannot target the ebolt or fs or whatever.

Dur dur dur

Status
Not open for further replies.