UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

windows 8 razor cliloc error

eltaco

Sorceror
here's the thread i posted in general discussion
xhttp://www.uogamers.com/community/threads/comeback-and-how-do-i-play.536477/

i'm having the cliloc error message along with the some text may not be displayed properly message.

i'm pretty used to razor, and i'm computer "savvy", and i did try alot of different file locations and did a lot of try and errors, i'm just lost here

i use windows 8, i downloaded the client from the link in tessa's cove and razor from the website, nothing fancy

help me out please

I had that error but realized it was because I was playing UO on my external hard drive. As soon as I d/l'd it and put it on my internal hard drive I never had that error again.

eltaco

Sorceror
i think i've figured it out. i'm downloading the Mondain Legacy client since it's written all over the registry text fix. it should /fingers crossed work i guess

hum, i'm thinking, worst case scenario, could someone transfer me their whole UO directory by MSN or something else? ctrl-c ctrl-v eh voila

edit:

nothing works. i don't even get the razor loading screen with the client location and the server choice. all i get when running razor.exe is this:

System.ArgumentException: La mémoire tampon caractère de sortie est trop petite pour contenir les caractères décodés, codage 'Unicode (UTF-8)' de secours 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Nom du paramètre : chars
à System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow()
à System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
à System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
à System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
à System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
à System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
à System.IO.BinaryReader.InternalReadOneChar()
à System.IO.BinaryReader.Read()
à System.IO.BinaryReader.PeekChar()
à Ultima.StringList..ctor(String language)
à Assistant.Language.Load(String lang)
à Assistant.Engine.Main(String[] Args)