UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Why is my keep deemed as illegal placement????

eBOLT

Wanderer
I am no native english speaker, but as far as i read the rules this placement is not against any rule.

I do not block off a game area, you can walk around my keep without any problem. There is 1 tile between the swamp hut and my keep.

The swamp huts are no player houses, they are hardcoded, so the 5 tiles between north-south does not count. There are tons of houses placed like this, like houses where there is 1 tile in between the rock face and the house (N-S) or one tile between the sea and the house... Also i don't block the view on the swamp huts since i am north of it, which i would have accepted as a reason.

Just some examples:
- North of Yew Bank(TRAM) house= 3 tiles between N-S
- West of Minax Base (FEL): House blocks movement between rock and house "completely" (N-S) and further west of it another house with 1 tile between N-S.
If i would go on searching i could fill ALOT of runebooks with houses placed like this...

Why give me only 7 days to move? I have seen signs like this on Hybrid where ppl had months to act. It's like saying: hey you knew it was illegal placing there. I did not and don't even know why it would be illegal. All my good stuff was in that house (i moved most of it now but am not giving up on the keep yet..) if i would be on vacation now or unable to login for whatever other reason i would have been heavily f***ed.

There was a Keep there that fell and i placed there after it fell 29.03.2013..so there was a keep there 9 months "at least". Who of you guys remembers how long the keep before mine was there? I am on this server only 149 days..
Below a pic of it..its in Trammel Destard Swampkeep move bild2.JPG

Xavier

Account Terminated
I am no native english speaker, but as far as i read the rules this placement is not against any rule.

I do not block off a game area, you can walk around my keep without any problem. There is 1 tile between the swamp hut and my keep.

The swamp huts are no player houses, they are hardcoded, so the 5 tiles between north-south does not count. There are tons of houses placed like this, like houses where there is 1 tile in between the rock face and the house (N-S) or one tile between the sea and the house... Also i don't block the view on the swamp huts since i am north of it, which i would have accepted as a reason.

Just some examples:
- North of Yew Bank(TRAM) house= 3 tiles between N-S
- West of Minax Base (FEL): House blocks movement between rock and house "completely" (N-S) and further west of it another house with 1 tile between N-S.
If i would go on searching i could fill ALOT of runebooks with houses placed like this...

Why give me only 7 days to move? I have seen signs like this on Hybrid where ppl had months to act. It's like saying: hey you knew it was illegal placing there. I did not and don't even know why it would be illegal. All my good stuff was in that house (i moved most of it now but am not giving up on the keep yet..) if i would be on vacation now or unable to login for whatever other reason i would have been heavily f***ed.

There was a Keep there that fell and i placed there after it fell 29.03.2013..so there was a keep there 9 months "at least". Who of you guys remembers how long the keep before mine was there? I am on this server only 149 days..
Below a pic of it..its in Trammel Destard SwampView attachment 83078

We said its illegal - so guess what? Its illegal. Have it moved or I will go tear it down myself.

A few more things you might want to make note of.

This isnt Hybrid.
Hypothetically, you are posting, so hypothetically you are here, I hypothetically don't care about moot hypothetical arguments.
Your whole guild was in the house when the warning stone was placed - so hypothetically, this argument was already moot before you posted.
youre remark: "they are hardcoded" - you have absolutely no clue what is hardcoded and what isn't on demise - don't pretend you know something that you don't.

If you are done, you are running out of time. Do yourself a favor and dont waste it ranting on these forums.

eBOLT

Wanderer
No need to get aggressive, i didn't want to say something negative about the staff. I respect alot what you guys do in your free time for the shard. This was just a question.. I am working on moving the rest now

Xavier

Account Terminated
So yeah, you're absolutely right. Every time, instead of a page to ask, we get people running to these forums to challenge rules or staff decisions in what they expect will become a sympathetic medium, I will be mean... every single time. These forums wont be some debate media for things we will not debate, for example rules. The status of an illegally placed house is NOT a matter open for public referendum or debate, and it will not go on here. And if you cant even page and ask in some normal human process of communication, even once, before resorting to this crap, I will shut you in a heartbeat every time.

Sorry, we already know where this stuff ends up. Now im going to be mean again and close this too.