UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Who played NOS?

Countessa

Knight
Who played NOS?

I know I'm not the only one on Hybrid who played Novus Opiate back in its glory days. Who else made NOS home way back when?
and somewhat related
Who else has never played on OSI/EA official servers?

Amazonia

Sorceror
Re: Who played NOS?

I played there for half a year I think! But I was so young I remember nothing. I was so young that I had no idea what was 'Skill'...My name was Bourdon I think, I was a newbie walking all around the world and getting pked all the time on roads XD

I played it for like 3 weeks but didn't pay my internet bill and lost everything on that shard. I never got around to playing it again after that.

a noob

Sorceror

I believe that was the first time I ever played UO, and I've never played on OSI. I think my character was named Acuras, I remember they tried to bring it back not sure what happened. I loved that shard though.

Countessa

Knight

I'm the same. I started UO on NOS. My first day consisted of being rez killed, lost, repeated hunger messages, (this greatly distressed me. I was sure something horrible was going to happen to my character if I didn't eat soon), and death by eagle. The shard (emulator) was horribly buggy, skills were disabled or didn't work right and I was too newbie to know the difference. Damn it was fun.
I miss getting killed in wind trying to get a black stang, dye tub trading (I had them all but metallic purple), fighting Russians in Serps, pvp battles at the spring and lunar spawns, and calls for events "1v1 in 10 minutes, first 36 players can join" followed by the mass scramble to the pits. haha

beelzebub

Knight

i played Novus a long time ago, but i never really got into it. that was when i was still playing on Zuluhotel :p

wkstrm

Lord

I've only played OSI, then one week on Adam Ants server until I finallly ended up here.

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

I played NOS Pol. That must have been sometime around 2005, though. I didn't play the really old Novus. Pol was almost 100% accurate to T2A, the one major problem being a bug with poison (it ticked as soon as you got poisoned, which made DP weapons significantly better than vanq).

I believe my character there was Murphy McManus, and my friend I always played with was Connor McManus, after the Boondock Saints.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008

LKP;1762440 said:
I believe my character there was Murphy McManus, and my friend I always played with was Connor McManus, after the Boondock Saints.

That's an awesome movie. In my top 5 ever.

SinAmerica

Wanderer

Countessa! I knew I recognized that fucking picture. What's up you dirty slut?

Yeah I played NOS, lol. Chilled with Options and TK and some others... got rich with a sheep shearing script... haha.

Countessa

Knight

SinAmerica;1824087 said:
Countessa! I knew I recognized that fucking picture. What's up you dirty slut?

Yeah I played NOS, lol. Chilled with Options and TK and some others... got rich with a sheep shearing script... haha.

umm, I don't believe I know you. It's unlikely anyone would remember me on NOS from a pic.
I played as Emerald in the metalknights guild. I made my UO living off selling black rides for 10k and dying clothes for other people. Until I dropped all the rare tubs on the bank roof. :sob:

SinAmerica

Wanderer

I didn't know you in-game, just on the forums. Although... maybe we killed you? maybe that was someone else. Too many dead in the name of fun, amen.

We were Downfall [DF]

Anyway, hi! Good to see/meet you!

Countessa

Knight

Yeah, wasnt me on forums either. I didnt use them back then. hehe
But! I died much. I can bet you probably did kill me. And it was great fun. The first shard is always the best one.

I remember some names from back then - Syxx (in the guild Sack perhaps?, he was the first pker to be nice to me. lol), Chip, Chase n Tail, Nutter and his brother Red and Hell___, Playerz and Tim, Noxion, Reyn, Exotica (always at the bank), Flint (he stole my doors and looted my house haha), Ded and the Russian Guild SOT, Sera Malice, Illium

But hey, welcome to Hybrid

I never played an OSI shard. I wish I had, from all the old stories I heard. My first shard is this shard.

SinAmerica

Wanderer

I LOVED killing the Russians! Silly bastards! I recognize Flint... I think he stole my doors as well lol, and Syxx too.

Thanks for the welcome ! :)

I'm not actually playing yet... I've got to wait about 2 weeks due to real life bs but I'm looking forward to it.

Hunter

Sorceror

Countessa;1824308 said:
Yeah, wasnt me on forums either. I didnt use them back then. hehe
But! I died much. I can bet you probably did kill me. And it was great fun. The first shard is always the best one.

I remember some names from back then - Syxx (in the guild Sack perhaps?, he was the first pker to be nice to me. lol), Chip, Chase n Tail, Nutter and his brother Red and Hell___, Playerz and Tim, Noxion, Reyn, Exotica (always at the bank), Flint (he stole my doors and looted my house haha), Ded and the Russian Guild SOT, Sera Malice, Illium

But hey, welcome to Hybrid

I remember playerz and Tim, I had my house next to them outside Skara Brae. And all the PvP at Britain GY, amazing haha. Even all the bugs, the shard was amazing, I think it closed down in 2001.