UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Where do you get regs?

Sage

Hybrid Staff Member
You can purchase regents at any mage shop. Every time you buy from them, the amount they carry doubles up to 999. Once it gets to 999 just keep buying after every reset and you'll get stocked up fairly quickly. Be sure to buy regents in towns where the taxes are lower. You can find that information here: http://www.uohybrid.com/wp-content/myuog/factions/

You can also try joining a faction and purchasing them from faction vendors or just go to WBB and ask some of the vet players if they are selling regents.

I hope this helps!

Sage

Hybrid Staff Member
I have been buying regs and they aren't doubling up like you said.

They just sell out...
My question to you is, are you waiting until they restock or are you expecting them to instantly double after your purchase? They won't instantly restock. All vendors have an amount of time you have to wait before they reset(this time varies). Purchase your regents(buy them out) then wait an hour or two before you try again. Sometimes other players may get there before you and buy them up so keep that in mind as well. :)

charlie3771

Sorceror
Okay yeah I was waiting for it hehe. I found that using Tessas to get a runebook of strictly just mage shops helps a lot... Bounce from shop to shop get what you need.

Sure beats buying from overpriced player vendors.

gimp

Sorceror
Okay yeah I was waiting for it hehe. I found that using Tessas to get a runebook of strictly just mage shops helps a lot... Bounce from shop to shop get what you need.

Charlie, if you ever have any in game questions, you can shoot me a pm or start a conversation with me on here. More than likely ill answer as the email of this forum is tied to my phone.

Invulnerable

Wanderer
i get 100% of my regs from stealing/looting, have probably 100k of each reg and never need to buy, haven't bought regs in 4+yrs, moral of the story; stealing & looting pays off

Tobias

Sorceror

You need to get a friend with a guardline house, and then you need to join a faction and put your faction vendors by your house (or bank) and then buy regs cheap :)

You usually save 2-3 gp pr reg, and in the end it helps alot on your own economy :)

Samus Aran

Traveler
If you're going to purchase regs, stop first to Vesper and talk to the mage guildmaster in the building next to the bank. The NPC that will not sell you anything is the right one to talk to. Say his or her name, then join. If he or she acknowledges you, drag the 500gp to join the guild. This will save you considerable amount of money on regs in the long term.

Most professions have guilds that will provide you discounts when purchasing supplies in game. However each character can only be member to one profession guild.

Cossi

Traveler
If you're going to purchase regs, stop first to Vesper and talk to the mage guildmaster in the building next to the bank. The NPC that will not sell you anything is the right one to talk to. Say his or her name, then join. If he or she acknowledges you, drag the 500gp to join the guild. This will save you considerable amount of money on regs in the long term.

Most professions have guilds that will provide you discounts when purchasing supplies in game. However each character can only be member to one profession guild.
Oh that's a good new for me!
I'll try, thanks!

jordlesus

Sorceror

Are the requirements similar to the Thieves Guild? High magery skill, 48 hours logged in, 1 week old? Been having trouble joining the Mages guild, it says I'm too young but my character is fairly old and almost GM Magery. I must not have been logged in for the 48 hours.

Cossi

Traveler

Paid, joined...but nothing changes, reags have the same prices...

jordlesus

Sorceror
Paid, joined...but nothing changes, reags have the same prices...
Same. I wrote it off to the cost of regs being too low for the discount percentage to make a difference on, but I haven't noticed a difference in anything else the mages sell either.

I'm thinking about making a new character with hiding/stealth and joining a faction just to check out their reg prices lol.