UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

When I change one Razor profile, it changes all of them

richmix

Wanderer
I'm running Razor v1.0.12 with UO v7.0.13.2. I run Razor as Administrator under Windows 7. I have several profiles set up, but it seems the profiles aren't really doing anything. If I change a macro or setting on one profile, it changes it on all the others, so all profiles are identical. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Or how to fix this? <3

WarEagle

Page
I'm pretty sure that the profiles are just for the hotkeys, and they will stay separate.

I guess the developer assumed more people would prefer to keep their macros and settings consistent across all characters (which I believe to be a good decision, the alternative would be a pain).

Just make separate macros for whatever it is you're doing on the different characters and name them differently.

richmix

Wanderer
I'm pretty sure that the profiles are just for the hotkeys, and they will stay separate.

I guess the developer assumed more people would prefer to keep their macros and settings consistent across all characters (which I believe to be a good decision, the alternative would be a pain).

Just make separate macros for whatever it is you're doing on the different characters and name them differently.
Mmmm I see. Then use groups to keep macros organized? I was hoping there would be a way to customize my macros per character without having to have functionally similar near-duplicates, but oh well. Also, I take it profiles don't work too well when running two clients simultaneously?

WarEagle

Page
Mmmm I see. Then use groups to keep macros organized? I was hoping there would be a way to customize my macros per character without having to have functionally similar near-duplicates, but oh well. Also, I take it profiles don't work too well when running two clients simultaneously?

As far as the macros go, all your characters can use the same ones, even simultaneously. If you could perhaps be a little more specific with what you're trying to accomplish, I'll see if I can help you out. There are certain ways to make your macros more universal amongst your characters, such as using "Use item type" instead of the exact item code for whatever you targetted.

And I run two clients a lot with separate profiles. There's aren't any issues that I've found.

The profiles are so you can set different hotkeys to different macroes or targets for each profile. When your trying to save them for one character try and make sure you are only logged in one client. Razor likes to save the last one you close out. So if you program all of that into the first client but close it before another one it will try to save the last one. I know that used to cause problems for me not sure if it still does that or not.

richmix

Wanderer
Thanks for everyone for the help. Apparently I had to create each macro with only one client window open. Then after I created them, I could switch between them with multiple clients no problem. Probably something having to do with the multi-client saving issue incubus mentioned.