UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What this shard needs

Stop recalling so much el....... Than maybe my farming could have some PvP.... Stop being retarded and mentioning w whole other post in the trade forum retard doesn't work like that if you don't quote it...... And it isnt bragging you need to learn more about the English language. PvP in dungeon died in 2008 when the influx of gold was well over populated.....

And please inform me how poker is not the most tram thing to do on a ultima server......

Last edited:

El Ugly 707

Traveler
Stop recalling so much el....... Than maybe my farming could have some PvP.... Stop being retarded and mentioning w whole other post in the trade forum retard doesn't work like that if you don't quote it...... And it isnt bragging you need to learn more about the English language. PvP in dungeon died in 2008 when the influx of gold was well over populated.....

And please inform me how poker is not the most tram thing to do on a ultima server......
I actually agree with you about poker. Needs to be done away with

amtothepm

Knight
Omfg god quit your bitching people. Spade your essay of an analogy, like most things that come out of your mouth was fucking retarded. In IRL people don't have a button they can press to instantly recall home. Many players enjoy dungeon PvP. Look at the orb guild.

pics of a dungeon pk

Ice sucks.... They are all paranoid as fuck.....they kicked me from their guild cause they thought I was Pepsi just because I have a house next to his ol castle

Ectasy2015

Wanderer
Cracks me up when I see people say "Server wipe won't bring people back" or "If they wipe the server I'll quit". Does no one remember the wipe of 2003 on hybrid? People still stayed and not only did they stay the population grew to 900+ online daily. I Played this server from the very beginning on and off for years. I've seen the ups and downs and in all honestly a server wipe is exactly what this server needs. This server has been up since 1999 and it's 2015 that is 16 years.. 16 years of accumulating gold, hand outs, rares etc.. At some point you have to ask yourself what is more valuable (A) Your pixels that you have just sitting at your house and the ones you use to bank sit and look cool (B) An active server like it used to be.

Most people leave servers to start on the new up coming server such as An corp, Uo forever, Etc because they want to start fresh and try to get a head start on people who come in later on the server. The same would happen if you did a wipe on hybrid with all characters, items , gold. People would flock to hybrid to start fresh and pull in the old players who left because of the things that were added and taken away from hybrid. I'd rather have 1,000 new people or old players come to hybrid then care about the 50-100 people who still play here who only care about their pixels and afk bank sitting.

Hybrid has been up for 16 years, we now know what works and what doesn't, we know what people want and don't want. Imo the way the server is now with it being on life support the "ONLY" option to save it is to do a fresh wipe and come out with Hybrid 2.0 for another 10 years +.

Imagine Hybrid 2.0 Where..

Gold isn't worthless
Blessed Hybrid armor doesn't exist
Everything that screwed up the first hybrid doesn't exist on Hybrid 2.0
Imagine there being risk vs reward again in Dungeons
Logging on and finding fights 24/7 anywhere including dungeon pvp
Imagine the thrill of getting rich again instead of playing a server were you have unlimited stock and so much gold that the only thrill you get off the server is playing poker...

So many possibilities could happen with a wipe and there is already a bunch of players who said they will come back or still play with a wipe. Not only would it benefit the player base but it would benefit Ryan who could potentially make more money with new donations.

This server has been up to long without having a wipe and because of that the server is now dying despite any effort from staff to add in new content to keep the server alive because people would rather just buy the items off the few people who would farm the new content.

So I say, Do a wipe and Make Hybrid 2.0 and make Hybrid the best server again without all the flaws the first one had like selling gold on the donation site and actually using the new donation money to actually promote the server. Bring Mark back as staff and let him have free reign on the server opposed to last time and work together to make Hybrid the way it used to be. Also, before any of you say I talk the talk and don't walk the walk... I deleted all my characters and stuff (also spending over 10 grand in 16 years playing this server) and moved over to Uo forever until a wipe happens, Then and only then will I return. I deleted it all because that is my contribution to show I care more about a stable active server with a good economy and am in full support of a wipe despite the gold and items I had which are now gone (deleted).

As far as I see it you guys have two choices...

(1). You can complain about a wipe and care more about your pixels and gold that essentially has no value on this server anymore which you will end up losing anyways once Ryan decides to take this server off life support which will happen eventually even if he has no intentions to do it this year...

(2). You can be in favor of the wipe and sacrifice your items and gold for the better of the server and convince Ryan to do what the majority of the players want including the ones who would be willing to come back to this server and wipe the server and start fresh and possibly having hybrid up another 5- 10 years maybe more.

Either way you will lose your items eventually but at least picking number (2) you will benefit everyone including yourself when the new server arrives and the server is flooded with a player base and you once again have some type of reason to log on and play again.

The future of the server is in yours and Ryan's hands, Don't let pixels ruin something that could be the best thing to ever happen in 16 years.

Side not: I'd also like to point out that people didn't just grow up and quit uo, I have seen a lot of people from hybrid on different servers (mainly uo forever) who left because of Hybrid's state and a majority them agree that if Hybrid did a wipe they would play here again but only until then. Please don't be selfish and only think about yourself, think about the server as a whole and vote for a fresh wipe.. I did my part now do yours. At the rate Hybrid is going you will end up losing your pixels and items anyways unless you are content being the only active players on the server for the remaining time the server is up, then by all means vote against it.

Last edited:
How can I break this down for tards to understand... PVP IS NOT PVM. PVP SHOULDN'T BE IN DUNGEONS. THAT IS PKING! Most people PvMing DO NOT WANT TO PVP, and if you force them to pvp by attacking them while they are trying to farm, and are not good enough to kill the pvper, THEY QUIT! Its quite simple. Or they are forced to join a nutcup group to defend their interests (good luck).
This is dumb. PKing = pvp. What makes this game, sandbox that it is, is that it's each individual player's right to play and coexist with one another on this MMO how they want. Being forced to join a 'nutcup group' is called expanding your network, forming friendships, and finding people to play the game with. That's the general motive for online games, and I'm not sure why you put that aspect into such a bad light, as if everyone should play solo.

Also; this is a game. There is no analogy of a man killing babies or young players on this server that even remotely works. Players will play how they want to play, and what players want is to be genuinely rewarded for their efforts (across all games/real life) and it simply cannot be done in any fashion that permits players leaving safe zones, forming new friendships, socializing and connecting with one another past trolling on the forums and flaming as if we're all still 13.

Adding 'new' hyped up items to game content does very little long term, because at the end of the day each mil costs about 50 cents, and even then players can lose interest very fast in this setup. No amount of gold sink will fix this problem, because there will always be countless rares that have over abundanced themselves on the market in such a way that really, rares just aren't cool anymore.

Wipe everything or nothing. Play a pathetic shade of a server or play the fresh life of a new one. Knowing what we know now, hybrid 2.0 can easily be the final stop for ultima online everything.

king_spade

Traveler
Cracks me up when I see people say "Server wipe won't bring people back" or "If they wipe the server I'll quit". Does no one remember the wipe of 2003 on hybrid? People still stayed and not only did they stay the population grew to 900+ online daily. I Played this server from the very beginning on and off for years. I've seen the ups and downs and in all honestly a server wipe is exactly what this server needs. This server has been up since 1999 and it's 2015 that is 16 years.. 16 years of accumulating gold, hand outs, rares etc.. At some point you have to ask yourself what is more valuable (A) Your pixels that you have just sitting at your house and the ones you use to bank sit and look cool (B) An active server like it used to be.

Most people leave servers to start on the new up coming server such as An corp, Uo forever, Etc because they want to start fresh and try to get a head start on people who come in later on the server. The same would happen if you did a wipe on hybrid with all characters, items , gold. People would flock to hybrid to start fresh and pull in the old players who left because of the things that were added and taken away from hybrid. I'd rather have 1,000 new people or old players come to hybrid then care about the 50-100 people who still play here who only care about their pixels and afk bank sitting. .... ... .... ................ .... .. . .. . .. .. ... ... ... .. ........ ..... .......... ... .... .... .......... . . . . ........ ... ......... .. . . ....... .. ... .......... . . . . . ......... ... . ........ ... ..... ... .. .... .. . .... . ... .... ................ .. . . .. .... ..... .. ......... ... ... .. . .. ..... ...... .... .. ........... .. .. ... .. . .......

/cosigned

This man gets it

Ectasy2015

Wanderer
Ryan would never do it plain and simple.

End of discussion

Ps... Most people leave because they moved on with their lives.

Wrong and Wrong.

Until Ryan says himself that he will not wipe the server to benefit the player base then that is your opinion not fact. If Ryan is against a server wipe then let him say it so the rest of us can move on and give up hope that hybrid will ever be good again.

As for this excuse people are using that people grow up and quit uo as to why hybrid is dying is 100% wrong. I can name at least 30 people off hand that I have seen on uo forever who are long term players of hybrid and that's not counting all the other servers. Guilds like EQMS, SM^ and other guilds are on Uo forever, they didn't quit uo altogether they just found a more populated server were the economy isn't screwed up yet... Plain and simple.

Saying people grew up and quit up is an assumption, knowing people left the server for another one is fact.

Don't use assumptions as your argument, if you are afraid of losing your pixels just say it, don't cover it up with non sense.

Last edited:

El Ugly 707

Traveler
Wrong and Wrong.

Until Ryan says himself that he will not wipe the server to benefit the player base then that is your opinion not fact. If Ryan is against a server wipe then let him say it so the rest of us can move on and give up hope that hybrid will ever be good again.

As for this excuse people are using that people grow up and quit uo as to why hybrid is dying is 100% wrong. I can name at least 30 people off hand that I have seen on uo forever who are long term players of hybrid and that's not counting all the other servers. Guilds like EQMS, SM^ and other guilds are on Uo forever, they didn't quit uo altogether they just found a more populated server were the economy isn't screwed up yet... Plain and simple.

Saying people grew up and quit up is an assumption, knowing people left the server for another one is fact.

Don't use assumptions as your argument, if you are afraid of losing your pixels just say it, don't cover it up with non sense.
I can see it now: Hey guys, we actually got the owner of Hybrid to wipe all their shit!! Haha. Guess who's getting the entire Hybrid population soon. That's right! It's us! Guess who is going to get rich off of these hybrid noobs! That's right! High five guys woo hoo! We destroyed Hybrid! Long live UO Forever!! Do you see why anything you and the rest of these fools advocating for a server wipe lacks no credibility whatsoever? Bottom line is FUCK UO Forever. Stop trying to stir up shit on our shard with all your bullshit negativity .