UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What do you think of the knowledgebase?

What do you think of the knowledgebase?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcusO

Sorceror
Re: What do you think of the knowledgebase?

I've used it a few times now and here's some feedback...

1) There needs to be a quick-link to it from these forums

2) There needs to be a process in place to improve it. For example, I search on two words Boat Refresh and got nothing relevant. What's the mechanism to get that info into the KB? Maybe follows Wiki's example and let some trusted folks make submissions that are then reviewed before added?

3) Information in the KB needs to have a date stamp. Otherwise it becomes old and incorrect. For example, if someone hadn't been actively working the KB during this housing change, the info about house decay would be old. Lucky for us, it's up to date...for now.

Keep up the good work.

Countessa

Knight

MarcusO;1456669 said:
I've used it a few times now and here's some feedback...

1) There needs to be a quick-link to it from these forums

agreed
I'll see about getting a sticky link in Q&A

2) There needs to be a process in place to improve it. For example, I search on two words Boat Refresh and got nothing relevant. What's the mechanism to get that info into the KB? Maybe follows Wiki's example and let some trusted folks make submissions that are then reviewed before added?

The KB has not been up for long and we are working hard to get it filled. We cannot open it up in a Wiki style because of the idiots that would be posting (you should see some of the ridiculous searched words). If you would like to contribute please visit the thread on KB Submissions and the KB contest.

3) Information in the KB needs to have a date stamp. Otherwise it becomes old and incorrect. For example, if someone hadn't been actively working the KB during this housing change, the info about house decay would be old. Lucky for us, it's up to date...for now.

Keep up the good work.

The time stamp does not show to the public but there is a date feature for the moderators. When changes occur it will be easy enough for them to update.

K

Kitchen_

I don't think a lot of people will use it very often, but you never know.

Watabou

Knight

when you start a new character, the opening journal or whatever should have a closing link to the knowledge base

or maybe in your newbied starting book have a link to it

towncriers should also announce this new hybrid feature, not everyone checks the forums

example:

poop the town crier says:"Need an answer? Search http://www.uogamers.com/knowledge "

Elden

Wanderer

Its off to a great start but there's nothing in there about plant growing! I could do an entire How To on plants (I'm a gardening junkie) but I don't know what type of format you would want it in.

Countessa

Knight

Elden;1459072 said:
Its off to a great start but there's nothing in there about plant growing! I could do an entire How To on plants (I'm a gardening junkie) but I don't know what type of format you would want it in.

I would suggest start with the basic questions. Where do I find seeds? How do I plant a seed? You can also add more ecompassing questions such as I'd like to grow my own plants. Where does one begin? With a simple answer

Questions can be submitted through the contact us link on the site. Or join the contest for KB submissions

Cyberphobia

Wanderer

After looking over the site, its great. The hardest thing would be making sure the newer players are aware of it.

Royel

Wanderer

I'm completely new to UO an this server, I've been using the Knowledge Base an have found a large part of it to be helpful, But... As someone else pointed out some of the details are missing.

I look forward to seeing it updated, as it really will be a excellent tool when it is further developed.

Thanks !

Phobea

Wanderer

Knowledge base is great. Cant expect every aspect of the game to be covered but if you do need somthing answered that isnt there then ask a GM or post in the Q&A section.

Addicted

Disciple

Royel;1484645 said:
I'm completely new to UO an this server, I've been using the Knowledge Base an have found a large part of it to be helpful, But... As someone else pointed out some of the details are missing.

I look forward to seeing it updated, as it really will be a excellent tool when it is further developed.

Thanks !

You can submit questions there in the KB and we will quickly answer them!

josh223

Wanderer

The concept is excellent, however it needs to be a lot more thorough. I couldn't find a lot of what I was looking for. I was looking for the prefixes/suffixes on the armor and couldn't find it. I used to know but have forgotten over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.