UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"Whacky" events <3 (this mornings CTF etc)

Fire_Fang

Wanderer
"Whacky" events <3 (this mornings CTF etc)

Now whenever an event with slightly off standard rules pops up I see about 100 people in it shouting "OMG WORTS *name of events* EVER GMS SUX COX UOG IS GAY" but seriously, I love them, Grevlok is my hero, even the CTF with no teleport/red pots was fun (the one they reheld normal rules right after), it forced teamwork, to get the flag you had to /rush/ hardcore as a group and kill people for the flag, a welcome change of pace in my opinion, likewise the sudden death CTF, genius, there were at least two caps in SD (me and fed) it just again required more teamwork, and the MS/Nox fights were fun as hell.

And Grevloks dexxer tourny, was fun and another nice change to the "mages dominate pvp events" way things tend to be, just sucks so many stupid mages signed up to a dexxer tourny and had the cheek to complain.
Sure I have my gripes with most events, they usually favour one template, or give certain play styles an advantage, but it evens out, ever char will have their strong points in most events (except maybe cooking chars) and the "crap"/"mistake" events of late have been some of the most welcome changes of pace in a while for me, I for one love regular ctf/1v1/2v2/3v3 etc etc, but nothing beats the fun of a practically new event due to a few simple rule changes, so I for one ask only for more of the zany rules, more 1v1v1v1v1 and so on, hell if you can mess it right up, a 1v2v3v4 go crazy and more of the "fuck ups" that and a FFA/RvB :p

All in all I just wanted to show some love for the recent events that a lot of people have been hating on.

Gyced

Wanderer
Re: "Whacky" events <3 (this mornings CTF etc)

Wanka said:
Now whenever an event with slightly off standard rules pops up I see about 100 people in it shouting "OMG WORTS *name of events* EVER GMS SUX COX UOG IS GAY" but seriously, I love them, Grevlok is my hero, even the CTF with no teleport/red pots was fun (the one they reheld normal rules right after), it forced teamwork, to get the flag you had to /rush/ hardcore as a group and kill people for the flag, a welcome change of pace in my opinion, likewise the sudden death CTF, genius, there were at least two caps in SD (me and fed) it just again required more teamwork, and the MS/Nox fights were fun as hell.

And Grevloks dexxer tourny, was fun and another nice change to the "mages dominate pvp events" way things tend to be, just sucks so many stupid mages signed up to a dexxer tourny and had the cheek to complain.
Sure I have my gripes with most events, they usually favour one template, or give certain play styles an advantage, but it evens out, ever char will have their strong points in most events (except maybe cooking chars) and the "crap"/"mistake" events of late have been some of the most welcome changes of pace in a while for me, I for one love regular ctf/1v1/2v2/3v3 etc etc, but nothing beats the fun of a practically new event due to a few simple rule changes, so I for one ask only for more of the zany rules, more 1v1v1v1v1 and so on, hell if you can mess it right up, a 1v2v3v4 go crazy and more of the "fuck ups" that and a FFA/RvB :p

All in all I just wanted to show some love for the recent events that a lot of people have been hating on.

word

jagpanzer

Wanderer

I've got huge respect for the admins that run tournaments that are nonstandard. Repeating the same tournys over and over just allows people to actually CREATE characters for nothing else that practically abuse the tournament rules (i.e. str stacked hero bless mages). Whipping out some crazy rules gives imaginative players a chance to stand on even ground with more experienced players.

Keep it up! Amongst all the bitching, you DO have supporters. GREVLOCK IS DA MAN!! :)

Lynyrd

Knight

First good thread I've read by you.

Let's make it the last; I like flaming your ass.

Fire_Fang

Wanderer

Lynyrd said:
First good thread I've read by you.

Let's make it the last; I like flaming your ass.
I rarely make threads tbh, but I will endevaour to try and make good threads because the forums are already full of so much crap :<

Fire_Fang

Wanderer

Oknps.
But really, not that I don't love you and your flaming on me, but when everyone here has the same attitude it really isn't much of a suprise that the forum is in the state it is. :<