UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Updates 6-13-06

A

ASayre

Updates 6-13-06

Misc bug fixes and tweaks, including:
Death Strike is now properly capped for PvP Damage
Something with parry where the check for using bushido or parry skill was off by like, half of one percent or something when you had >= 100 Bushido AND parry

Buff icons are now turned on with about half of them activated. The reason the other half of them isn't done is because they got boring :p

Lots of optimizations and stuff that you won't see at all from a player perspective but really pissed me off and were annoying to do.

Loading time after serverwars should be reduced about 25-50%ish.

Server maint. Windows update junk :p

To see the bufficons, be sure you're patched up the latest client as well as having them turned on in the client. (5.0.2b)

For any bugs, as always, see the FAQ post in General discussion for bug reporting guidelines and where to send 'em to.

A

ASayre

Re: Updates 6-13-06

Update your client.

Client bug.

(as an aside, will be restarting to limit the buff icons away from those who have buggyful clients in a few minutes. But it's the CLIENT fault, not a server fault.)

Lord_Zero

Sorceror

Funny, I was passing by the terathan keep with a client not supporting buff icons. The game has frozen but it's not my connection, so it has to be something with those icons.

Code:
Ping statistics for 67.15.136.112:
    Packets: Sent = 113, Received = 113, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 185ms, Maximum = 244ms, Average = 198ms

p01n7e

Sorceror

Well kids, there is an executable file in your UO directory you might wanna use form time to time to actually UPDATE your clients :)
it desn't take much time and your easyuo will still work.

jc_at_aq said:
Excuse my ignorance....buff icons? What are they?

I believe he is referring to the new buff/debuff section in the new UO client. When you update to the newest UO client, you get a buff/debuff gump that will show you exactly that. Buffs = Spells to buff up your character such as agility, strength, intellignece buffs as well as debuffs such as curse, feeblemind and such. Correct me if I'm wrong on this ^

Pordue

Wanderer

If you dont update your client, expect lots of lock ups and crashes....the new server update looks for the new buff gump and if its not displayed you lock up, because the defalt setting on the new server/client is to "on" and well if you havent patched it wont be there..duh....

pbguy434

Knight

Arcanus said:
hey gm change the server wars reload time reduced by 25-50% with increased time by 25-50%
Rofl. He doesn't mean Server Wars. He means the time AFTER Server Wars. Like, the time for it to reeboot.

Pordue said:
[...] the new server update looks for the new buff gump and if its not displayed you lock up [...]
I patched to last client, but after the serverupdate my Buff Gump disappeared. How can I turn it on again? I want to know, what this gump is for.

pbguy434

Knight

Arcanus said:
i know... that is why i wrote the server wars RELOAD time... learn to read and capture meaning.
Reload as in...Reload the server to the previous state? Why would you want taht longer?

TheMage

Sorceror

i dont think he wants it... i think he was saying that the update caused it to be longer instead of its intended shortening. right? :p

You should patch your client then, as you cant miss them :p

I loveteh one for hidden LOL whats the point