UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Update March 28, 2015 - Monstrous Interred Grizzle! / SW

cocosas

Sorceror
What is the % chanse for drop Unique , Decoration and Shared Champion Spawn Artifacts in the server ?

Rayden

Sorceror
First of all, thank you very much for fixing that
  • Spellweaving changes (as seen on the Test Center):
    • Summon fey/fiend now costs mana per summon.
    • Corrected summoned feys/fiends (reduced hits and mana, greatly reduced magery).
    • (Custom) Players will obtain a 1-minute immunity to the Essence of Wind debuff when it expires naturally

People should not be able to have bonded cu sidhes and nightmares following them around, that DOES effect pvp where as a sampire soulstoning off necro does not effect anybody, but people will be allowed to continue to soulstone off animal taming and have their bonded mounts follow them....

Well, how about we don't try to fight to keep the exploits that benefits ourselves and instead of that, we try to fight for the things that are fair and reasonable?

I Totally agree with the ZERO taming part. We shouldn't be able to raid strong pets with ZERO taming skill. That is an exploit. That shouldn't be able to work. But please don't try to use an exploit as an excuse to another one. The fair thing to fight for is: WE NEED TO PUT AN END TO ALL SKILL EXPLOITS. That includes: taming EXPLOIT, necromancy EXPLOIT and inscription EXPLOIT.

Necrodog

Page
I Totally agree with the ZERO taming part. We shouldn't be able to raid strong pets with ZERO taming skill. That is an exploit. That shouldn't be able to work. But please don't try to use an exploit as an excuse to another one. The fair thing to fight for is: WE NEED TO PUT AN END TO ALL SKILL EXPLOITS. That includes: taming EXPLOIT, necromancy EXPLOIT and inscription EXPLOIT.
Even if the exploit is the only thing keeping the game BALANCED?

If we were only able to ride Ethereal Mounts, Horses, Grizzled Mares, and Swamp Dragons, Bolas would be broken even worse than they are right now. As of right now Bolas completely break dismounting techniques of any other means (Melee and Archer Dismounts), since Bolas can be thrown by ANY person with NO skill, stat, or modification requirements, and have a 100% chance to hit if in range.

I hardly think it is fair for a Dexxer to be able to miss 3-4 times in a row with 45 hci, but a Mage with zero combat skill and zero hci can hit you EVERY TIME with a bola, even if you have 120 defensive skill and capped dci.

Last edited:

Indika

Sorceror
You are being greedy bastard or else you wouldn't like to have 820 skillcap, while other PVM templates can have only 720 skills. Why don't we raise skillcap to 1000? What's the difference, it does not hurt anyone. Having 100 skills more allows you to kill faster, do spawn faster, gain more pixxels etc.. It doesn't only PVM but PVP too, what if there is a sampire with 820 skillcap, he has 100 skills more, additional RS or anatomy which he shouldn't have if he had only 720 skills. So people who raid your guild have bigger chance to lose due to that bug.

I was playing a melee dexxer both in PVP and PVM. I was doing well. Why do you care if the most people prefer to play mage rather than melee. It looks like they lose? Don't you think?

I asked Athena like 3 years ago, she replied it was on the OSI forever. It's not a bug.

Doesn't matter what template you have, you sit at luna bank anyway. But seriously If you view demise like that you should fight against me It will convince you dexxers are different, but not worse.

If you cant kill a sampire on ANY pvp template... Then I have nothing to say... Sampire doesn't have bandage. Why would you EVER lose to a sampire in a raid?

I don't care what other people play. Ever heard of a Straw Man Fallacy?

That is incorrect and any veteran will confirm that for you. I don't have to ask GM's, I played OSI for myself. You can log on there right now and see if your pet will follow you. Be my guest.

Last several times I met you on the field I killed you and took your head. I'm not even going to go there with you.

Necrodog

Page
fix teleports. as soon as someones bola'd they teleport off your screen faster than running while mounted
To do that they would have to fix the casting, which will ever happen... which is why no one can use the, "It's OSI-Accurate" argument, or the, "It should be like it is on OSI, no questions asked" argument. If the GMs want a shard with custom features, like very fast casting, they must balance things according to the mechanics of THIS shard, not according to a different shard's mechanics.

Rayden

Sorceror
Even if the exploit is the only thing keeping the game BALANCED?

If we were only able to ride Ethereal Mounts, Horses, Grizzled Mares, and Swamp Dragons, Bolas would be broken even worse than they are right now. As of right now Bolas completely break dismounting techniques of any other means (Melee and Archer Dismounts), since Bolas can be thrown by ANY person with NO skill, stat, or modification requirements, and have a 100% chance to hit if in range.

I hardly think it is fair for a Dexxer to be able to miss 3-4 times in a row with 45 hci, but a Mage with zero combat skill and zero hci can hit you EVERY TIME with a bola, even if you have 120 defensive skill and capped dci.

I agree with you necrodog, bolas are broken. But again, instead of fightning for the exploit that allows us to play our dexxers (I play an ancher myself), I rather vote to remove that exploit and then try to bring some reason into admins minds and convince them to nerf bolas a little.

Eveybody knows that if that depended on me, bolas would be removed from the game completely. That would make dismounters (melee and ranged) far more valuables. I would make like UO:Dreams where the melee dismount is more powerful than the ranged dismount (its way more FUN). But hey, that's not the case here.

What would happen is the disabling that exploit would make people go to factions in order to get a war horse, and demise would step into a new era of PvP (far better one, IMO)

royal kapero2

Sorceror
If you cant kill a sampire on ANY pvp template... Then I have nothing to say... Sampire doesn't have bandage. Why would you EVER lose to a sampire in a raid?

I don't care what other people play. Ever heard of a Straw Man Fallacy?

That is incorrect and any veteran will confirm that for you. I don't have to ask GM's, I played OSI for myself. You can log on there right now and see if your pet will follow you. Be my guest.

Last several times I met you on the field I killed you and took your head. I'm not even going to go there with you.

I'm not suprised. Your habit of smoking weed with everyone on skype cam killed your logic perceptions.

Rayden

Sorceror
Also need to fix the trap of energy fields and energy field + stone wall
Invisible potions, trap pouches, protection scrolls + teleport scrolls, poison potions, help from team mates.

Fielding is on UO since the beggining of the times, my advice is to get over it.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
Just out of curiosity : what's wrong with bollas?

Bola's are wrong because when you are running away to save your life and your insurance money, you get knocked of your mount, and get killed.

Then you lose your insurance money, and your UO day is ruined!!

/sarcasm

Jokes aside, everyone will find something that is not good enough for them, everyone will find something that is too good for the others. That's just the way it is. This game will never be balanced, and everyone needs to take a chill pill and just take it for what it is. This game's 18 years old ffs.

I guess I should send an email to Nintendo so that they nerf the Star from Mario Bros, man that shit's overpowered too! :p

-----

Disclaimer: This message is not directed at anyone in particular, it just serve as a general opinion on the various subject being discussed. Any similarity with real events or person are completely a coincidence and not meant to hurt and offend whomever you might be.

Rayden

Sorceror
IMO, What's wrong with bolas:
  • no skill required,
  • no delay required before throwing it,
  • no delay between bolas,
  • no chance to miss.
Bola's are wrong because when you are running away to save your life and your insurance money, you get knocked of your mount, and get killed.

Then you lose your insurance money, and your UO day is ruined [...]

That's not the point, at all. Money means nothing to me and to most players who PvP aswell.

But some people just care about winning. Of course I used bolas many times, made mils of insurance because of them. Jesus, my team has a player known for his infinite stack of bolas and that for sure helped us winning many fights. Of course they benefit me as well.

But I don't only care about winning. How I am winning also matter. I care about game play, mostly. And the game play I experienced on other shards where bolas were not the main way to dismount a person was way better than what I experience here, doesn't matter if I'm in the winning side or the losing one.

I am just trying to be constructive and putting a light on some unbalanced things that exist in game. I try to be as neutral as possible in my suggestions. You can read my posts and you will find many suggestions that would make the life of my PvPer's harder, but would be better for the game it self.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
I guess you missed the sarcasm part :p

Regardless, perhaps i'm out of date but I think I remeber Tactics being necessary to throw a bola, I could be wrong tho.

kolbycrouch

Knight
Whats wrong with bola's is an incorrect timer for how long it lasts, and you can just keep getting chain bola'd which might be correct, but is still broke.

Mister Pink

Squire
You would have to fix bolas in the same patch as mounts not following without taming. Ie the problems Rayden pointed out.
  • no skill required,
  • no delay required before throwing it,
  • no delay between bolas,
  • no chance to miss.

I personally like how the current system is. I don't care if it's "broken" and like how mounts work and bolas work. It will alter pvp when both are "fixed", and imo it won't be for the better. pure mages/ necro mages will be weaker as a result. Tactics/mages, melee will become even stronger. This screws the new player because it's tough as hell to field a viable tactics mage. Do you think people are going to need as many bonding deeds from the donation store if this is changed? Yeah, exactly.

The essence of wind is a good fix, as is pixies no longer being ungodly strong.

I would be ok with the sampires keeping their glitch. It doesn't hurt anything.