UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Uogamers hybrid and demise move...

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
During server wars tonight UOGamers Hybrid and Demise will be moving to the new location and hardware in Chicago, IL. This is a massive hardware upgrade as well as connectivity improvement. We expect the majority of this move to be completed during wars, however there is a possiblity of a breif outage during this work.

The DNS records have already been updated for the move so by the time it's back up and running players shouldn't even see any issues. In the event you cannot connect please use the following information:

UOGamers: Hybrid - IP 64.250.113.186 Port 2593
UOGamers: Demise - IP 64.250.113.187 Port 2593

In the event you have further issues, please feel free to join IRC - irc.runuo.com #uogamers or #demise-tavern

Thank you all and we look forward to seeing you on the shards after the upgrade is completed!

Thanks,
Ryan McAdams
RunUO Founder

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
No love for the west west :(

This will shave off time for the west, big time.

Currently all traffic goes to Chicago and then bounces down to Cincinnati.

Cincinnati is not a Tier 1 city, Chicago is :)

Sereis

Sorceror
This is awesome! Yeah! Uo is such a bandwidth intensive game, so happy to see you guys compensate for that!

Serog

Sorceror
Well my ping has gone up by about 100ms. Was going to donate this past week until I heard the shard was moving, good thing i decided to wait and see if my ping got worse.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Well my ping has gone up by about 100ms. Was going to donate this past week until I heard the shard was moving, good thing i decided to wait and see if my ping got worse.

I guess going from ~40 to ~100ms is a difference of "about 100ms"....

Don't forget we can figure out if you're telling the truth ;)

ickyfloyd

Sorceror
If I owned runuo I'd want my ping to be pretty killer. Too bad Ryan doesn't live in LA or Hong-Kong :(
We all know how the internets work right? This last server move should have eliminated @ least one hop for everyone.

Hybrid-Sonoma? Hybrid-Drachenfels? Hybrid-Oceania? Those shards would be fucking killer! :p not

ickyfloyd

Sorceror
What can I say?
Thank you for the attempt to make the shard better.
But I can hardly say thank you for the new server location. I wish you can understand.

What's there to understand Paracelsus? U live butt-ass far away from the server thru no fault of ur own. I would host u if u like, come live and work in the middle of the usa. You could setup in my basement and ping 20 till ur eyeballs fall out. U would have to change some dirty diapers till we got u a full time gig ;)