UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UOCartographer Set-up & Labels

MB

Knight

Method 1: The Easy Way
Good news, I found a much easier way to setup UOC. Snag the download below and follow the steps right after. Use WinRAR to unzip the files.

1. Turn off your UO clients
2. Run the Installer and take note of where UOC installs
3. Place everything from 'Labels' into the same folder that UOC installed to
4. Right click on UOCartographer.exe, go to properties and select to run this program in Compatability Mode with XP SP2
5. Open and close UOC once, a folder will be created in My Documents called UOCartographer, ignore the error
6. Place everything from 'My Document Files' into this new folder in My Documents

You should be good to go!

Quirks:

Why does it keep going to a black screen once I move?
If you log in to a facet that is different than the one UOC was last using, it will get out of sync and appear black.

Set the facet to the one you are currently in and restart UOC without moving in game and it will fix.

Why does it crash when I use the find (Ctrl+F) feature?
It crashes when you click in the Find box, but not on a name. When you go to look for a player, make sure you click on the actual name and it will not crash.

How do I track a different client?
Unfortunately, there is no way to quickly change the client that is being tracked. UOC will always track the last client opened.

===============================================================

Method 2: The Hard Way

Below are the old directions that have taken many people many hours to go through. It is highly recommended you just follow the easy way above and save yourself the heartburn.

You will need copies of the old map files or a client before 7.0.24.0 for the instructions below to work.

UOCartographer's developer vanished shortly after release and it is no longer supported. The website is gone, so you will need to download it from the bottom of this post. Use WinRAR to unzip the files.

On top of that, OSI changed their client so that the map files are not the same file types after 7.0.24.0, and UOC can not be set-up with later clients without access to old map files.

Getting Program to Work:
Run the installer found in the UOCSetup.rar attached at the bottom of this post. If everything is set-up properly, when you first start up the program, you will have to click OK and give it few minutes to build the maps. It will most likely not work when you first install, but the following tricks have gotten it running for most everybody:

* Two boxes at top under UOC options (right click UOC window) not checked
* Paths under UOC options pointing to the folder containing your UO map files (Click Rebuild after changing)
* Run in compatibility mode with XP SP2 (right click UOCartographer.exe, go to properties and then the compatibility tab)
* Run in administrative mode (right click UOCartographer.exe, go to properties and then the compatibility tab)

What UOC option page should look like:

Getting Labels to Work:
Download UOCLabels.rar. Throw the files into the same folder where you installed UOC.

Attachments

• UOCSetup.rar
    431.5 KB · Views: 829
  • UOCLabels.rar
    25.6 KB · Views: 682
Last edited:

MB

Knight
UOCartographer let their domain expire. I attached the installer to the first post.

nerun

Sorceror
How to make map files for Ter Mur? I have placed a lot of markers in TerMur and i want to write it to a map files, how to do?

MB

Knight
I have two files in the first post. One is the installer and the other is the labels you are asking for.

Adon

Sorceror
Got a link to where I can get additional labels besides having to add them all myself? I'd like to add t-map markers but far to lazy to do it by hand and I don't see a check box for them in my current filters.

*EDIT*

Got it done :cool:

Barnicoat

Knight
Figured it out :)

Also, thanks for the tips. Just installed it, went through the fixes you listed, second try and it fired up fine.